Overrated teams??

The most I sit back and study tape on some of the teams you guys rave about I realize that, most of the times there not a good as they appear to be. I've even posted about a few teams and after watching more film realizing that they have serious issues that need to be addressed. I'll list a few teams that are overrated and tell you why.

1. Calvert
Calvert shows extreme mishaps and poor tackling on the defensive side of the ball. And they rely on #7 too get them out of jams too often.

2. Milford
Milfords tackling against oakwood and garden city really standout to me. They do not tackle in space very well at all. Offensively they look for the Home run play a lot, often doing too much, either turning the ball over or taking big negative plays.

3. Richland Springs
Giving up big plays! Sterling city had quite a few big plays against RS but just couldn't capitalize inside the redzone. Also RS hasn't play a complete game yet so how will they respond in a 4th quarter game (Like they will face in the 2nd round) Do they have the endurance? With 9 players?

4. Garden City.
Garden city is alergic to defense. Milford and Balmorhea scored with ease against them. Late game execution is also a problem. (The pick 6 against Milford to end the game.)

5. Borden County
BC lacks depth (This was proven against Calvert) and this will be a problem in the playoffs. Endurance is also a problem with the all the cramps.

If any of these teams do get upset, these would be the reasons why.

OffensiveJuggernot":3lir3w89 said:
Just.some.guy":3lir3w89 said:
Where's happy? Surely you got something to say abt happy!!

Happy is very tight with there game film

So, the other teams you mention share their game film freely with you?
You must have privileged and respected status with their Coaches.

OffensiveJuggernot":2m2ytzur said:
3. Richland Springs
Giving up big plays! Sterling city had quite a few big plays against RS but just couldn't capitalize inside the redzone. Also RS hasn't play a complete game yet so how will they respond in a 4th quarter game (Like they will face in the 2nd round) Do they have the endurance? With 9 players?.

Richland Springs will be fine, many people question their endurance and depth every year...

51eleven":1xxa0956 said:
OffensiveJuggernot":1xxa0956 said:
Just.some.guy":1xxa0956 said:
Where's happy? Surely you got something to say abt happy!!

Happy is very tight with there game film

So, the other teams you mention share their game film freely with you?
You must have privileged and respected status with their Coaches.

Personally, I'm curious about this also. This bothers me.

OffensiveJuggernot":358143ym said:
The most I sit back and study tape on some of the teams you guys rave about I realize that, most of the times there not a good as they appear to be. I've even posted about a few teams and after watching more film realizing that they have serious issues that need to be addressed. I'll list a few teams that are overrated and tell you why.

Dude, who has time to do this? You sit around and watch tape of high school boys so you can comment on this website? On the surface that screams, "CREPPER!!!"

I just know a lot about the game, and I've traveled to games this year and even lucky enough to get some tape. These are just some observations I've made. Take them for what they are or completely ignore it.

OffensiveJuggernot":25rvsozl said:
smokeyjoe53":25rvsozl said:
I'm very positive about one particular instance of overrating............

What instance?
I'd never spoil your fun with just telling you....... keep watching game film.... I'm confident your finely honed discernment will allow you to decipher it in a few days..........

At my first head coaching position at a small six man school in central Texas...i once had a parent actually tell me I should listen to him and his wife because they were experts and knew so much more about six man football than anyone else in the stands.........I am not saying this is the guy, but he sure sounds similar.

OffensiveJuggernot":2w9p3vfj said:

1. Calvert
Calvert shows extreme mishaps and poor tackling on the defensive side of the ball. And they rely on #7 too get them out of jams too often.

2. Milford
Milfords tackling against oakwood and garden city really standout to me. They do not tackle in space very well at all. Offensively they look for the Home run play a lot, often doing too much, either turning the ball over or taking big negative plays.

3. Richland Springs
Giving up big plays! Sterling city had quite a few big plays against RS but just couldn't capitalize inside the redzone. Also RS hasn't play a complete game yet so how will they respond in a 4th quarter game (Like they will face in the 2nd round) Do they have the endurance? With 9 players?

4. Garden City.
Garden city is alergic to defense. Milford and Balmorhea scored with ease against them. Late game execution is also a problem. (The pick 6 against Milford to end the game.)

5. Borden County
BC lacks depth (This was proven against Calvert) and this will be a problem in the playoffs. Endurance is also a problem with the all the cramps.

If any of these teams do get upset, these would be the reasons why.

This makes it sound as if sixman defense is tough or something.. These guys gotta get it figured out

I have found most of OJ's predictions and critiques to be more accurate than most of you idiots who get on here and say everything that sounds good at the time, but a few weeks late you often are proven wrong. This is the last week of the season and were talking about concession stand food??? I like insight and informal post like his, not most of the buffoonery some of you gents post.

Back