On the move

Not really on the move, but.....

Coach Austin Flores has been promoted from assistant football at Whitharral to Head Football Coach. I am gladly heading back into my usual assistant football role. You guys out there that take on Head Football and Head Basketball year in and year out, I tip my hat to you, your athletes, and your families. Coach Flores will do great and is the right man for the job. Please direct all football inquiries to him.

Austin Flores
806-690-6681
[email protected]

Coach Johnson thank you.... It's funny how those so quick to judge and spew negativity become silent when confronted with the truth.. Good luck to you and your family..

Coach JJ,

So you are saying Rule ISD reached out to you and you did not send them a resume for the position . I find that very interesting because .. I know the secretary (M Gibbs) and there was a Joshua Johnson from Wichita Christian who applied. Hope I don't have to supply actual documentation.

All I was trying to say was there are hundreds of coaches out there trying to find jobs and they get no interviews, here you are getting interviews, getting job offers, then turning them away. All while a worthy candidate who didn't get the interview or the job is now still pursuing a job.

Don't take this the wrong way, I'm for you, I just hate it when someone snatches food from someone else who wanted the food.

Good luck to you in your private school endeavours

Kramer":1dnc28n7 said:
Coach JJ,

So you are saying Rule ISD reached out to you and you did not send them a resume for the position . I find that very interesting because .. I know the secretary (M Gibbs) and there was a Joshua Johnson from Wichita Christian who applied. Hope I don't have to supply actual documentation.

All I was trying to say was there are hundreds of coaches out there trying to find jobs and they get no interviews, here you are getting interviews, getting job offers, then turning them away. All while a worthy candidate who didn't get the interview or the job is now still pursuing a job.

Don't take this the wrong way, I'm for you, I just hate it when someone snatches food from someone else who wanted the food.

Wow...maybe should read his post again. Let me know when you see him say he didn’t send a resume. Coach Johnson is a good man, maybe you should call him up personally and let him know how you feel instead of calling him out on a public message board. Of course many have told you this on several occasions, haven’t they?

Kramer":22179msj said:
Coach JJ,

I am in my position without applying first. I was sought out by admin, went and interviewed, fell in love with the new mission/goal of the school and athletic program expectations (which were inline with mine to begin with) and was not the first one offered. Another coach was offered, didn’t work out for whatever reason, then I was offered. Points I’m trying to make:
A) in this business, things like this happen
B) At least this happened in April/May not July/August. I’ve know coaches who have taken jobs, moved into town and moved out in the middle of the night. Also have known coaches to leave after school year has started. In the end, josh is going to do what’s best for him and his family. We all are no matter our profession. Both Rule and Happy have time to get the right fit candidate and those still looking still have time to find the right fit. Good luck to all still looking, school or coaches.

Very Well Said Corean but some will look at it and not say a word but know he's burning bridges.

loveof the game,
Welcome to the WORLD WIDE WEB, Social Media, where this happens all the time. We all choose whom we want to defend and whom we want to bash for what ever tickles our fancy and I'm assuming your fancy is tickled by defending. Good luck to you all

Guys Guys Guys don't let Kramer sucker you into an online argument. I know him personally and he is a old grumpy guy who sometimes comes off as a complete idiot with his own ideas.

Coach JJ if you feel you need to apply at Sugar Land Logos Prep, or Kerrville OLH, or Victoria Faith, or Lubbock Christ The King or if you need to go public and apply at Borden County or Rotan ... YOU DO IT AND DON'T LET ANYONE TELL YOU DIFFERENT ...

Kramer":1ywbkrtp said:
Coach JJ,

Their are many coaches out there these days who don't deserve an interview; much less a job. Teacher/ Coach is a very demanding job where you are asked to do far more than you get paid for. As a result, there are a lot of coaches that pick and choose which part of their jobs they want to do/ not do. Don't get me wrong; I know a bunch of coaches that do their jobs 100% and then some. These are also the guys getting all of the interviews/jobs, and deservingly so.

Now to get this topic back on course (AGAIN)

Buena Vista has hired a coach from Penelope or Aquilla, Didn't get full details of what school he is from.
Coolidge is in the process of hiring the coach from Crowell.
Crowell is about to be OPEN

Not official as of yet, but I am anticipating Jake Popham will be leaving Petersburg to take over at Loraine. When I last talked to him, he already had an interview and had been approved by the school board at Loraine. That same day, he received a call from Happy about their HC position. Hopefully in the coming days, I will be able to confirm his next position after speaking with him.

I can confirm, my wife and I have signed contracts with Loraine and I will be taking over AD/Head Football Duties there next year.
I am looking forward to the opportunity to come in and build another successful program. It is my hope that with the hard work and dedication of the boys, we can reestablish the Loraine Bulldogs as a team to contend with very soon.
Loraine ISD is a very good fit for my family and has accepted us with open arms. We are looking forward to being a part of the community very soon and helping them continue to grow in their successes.

Jake Popham

Coach Popham":2u9nrrix said:
I can confirm, my wife and I have signed contracts with Loraine and I will be taking over AD/Head Football Duties there next year.
I am looking forward to the opportunity to come in and build another successful program. It is my hope that with the hard work and dedication of the boys, we can reestablish the Loraine Bulldogs as a team to contend with very soon.
Loraine ISD is a very good fit for my family and has accepted us with open arms. We are looking forward to being a part of the community very soon and helping them continue to grow in their successes.

Jake Popham
Coach Popham, thank you for all you have accomplished for the program in Petersburg. It’s been a few years since we had a coach that led the program to a district championship and a couple playoff runs. The commitment and drive for success you have is admirable and the love for your boys is unmatched. You have touched many hearts in the community of Petersburg and these boys will always hold a place for you in their hearts. I know, because my brother is one of those boys who continually talks nothing but good of you. God Bless you and your family and many of us will continue to keep an eye on your new team. Loraine has a damn good coach and man who knows how to turn a program around. I’ve witnessed this firsthand.

Best Wishes,

Marcos Hinojos

Wonder Dog":1vozd6qd said:
Now to get this topic back on course (AGAIN)

Coolidge is in the process of hiring the coach from Crowell.
Crowell is about to be OPEN

So, get ready for Coolidge to start moving up in the six-man world!

Offensively this is a great hire and better than what they've had with the past two coaches.
Defensively he will need to find someone to replace the one leaving for Kress.
Can this be a Nathan Hays and Reece Walker part 2.

With the hiring of Nathan Hays and with the enrollment of his son S. Hays, Coolidge is by far the best team in the East.
With this hire, Coolidge will beat Milford and May

[/quote]Coach Popham, thank you for all you have accomplished for the program in Petersburg. It’s been a few years since we had a coach that led the program to a district championship and a couple playoff runs. The commitment and drive for success you have is admirable and the love for your boys is unmatched. You have touched many hearts in the community of Petersburg and these boys will always hold a place for you in their hearts. I know, because my brother is one of those boys who continually talks nothing but good of you. God Bless you and your family and many of us will continue to keep an eye on your new team. Loraine has a damn good coach and man who knows how to turn a program around. I’ve witnessed this firsthand.

Best Wishes,

Marcos Hinojos[/quote]

Thank you. My experience at Petersburg was truly awesome; the boys(past & present) learned to trust me and the program grew. I will be forever thankful for everything that the athletes and community did for my family, and allowing me to "rebuild" the program as I saw fit. Its never easy to change things, but the way we handled business day to day showed up on the field, court, track. I will never forget the relationships that I built with the students/athletes, and the love that we developed between us. We truly became family, and achieved great things. We ultimately fell short of some of our goals, but roads to success are often paved in failures. I cannot say enough good things about the families and kids of Petersburg and their dedication, work ethic, patience and will to succeed.
Good luck to Petersburg in its future, and I wish Coach Soliz and his family the best.

Thanks,

BuffaloCountry":jow4ldbv said:
Coach Popham":jow4ldbv said:

Jake Popham
Coach Popham, thank you for all you have accomplished for the program in Petersburg. It’s been a few years since we had a coach that led the program to a district championship and a couple playoff runs. The commitment and drive for success you have is admirable and the love for your boys is unmatched. You have touched many hearts in the community of Petersburg and these boys will always hold a place for you in their hearts. I know, because my brother is one of those boys who continually talks nothing but good of you. God Bless you and your family and many of us will continue to keep an eye on your new team. Loraine has a damn good coach and man who knows how to turn a program around. I’ve witnessed this firsthand.

Best Wishes,

Marcos Hinojos

Thank you. My experience at Petersburg was truly awesome; the boys(past & present) learned to trust me and the program grew. I will be forever thankful for everything that the athletes and community did for my family, and allowing me to "rebuild" the program as I saw fit. Its never easy to change things, but the way we handled business day to day showed up on the field, court, track. I will never forget the relationships that I built with the students/athletes, and the love that we developed between us. We truly became family, and achieved great things. We ultimately fell short of some of our goals, but roads to success are often paved in failures. I cannot say enough good things about the families and kids of Petersburg and their dedication, work ethic, patience and will to succeed.
Good luck to Petersburg in its future, and I wish Coach Soliz and his family the best.

Thanks,

Jake Popham

Elite":3mfje4tq said:
What about the Two athletes moving back to Mexia?

From what I was told via text message response is that the Hoover kid is moving to Mexia to live with is dad. The Gibson kid left Coolidge and has enrolled at Waco Connally, his mother has resigned and moved there.
Those two kids will not be at Coolidge

Back