On the move

Utopia is east of Leakey and west of Medina. I don’t know if they ever had sixman football but in the 1990’s the entire graduating class of 6 girls made “The Wall Street Journal” because the lowest average grade was like 97.5 for the entire 4 years of High School.
I don’t think Utopia is a very good prospect.
I’m Just saying........

FCSA football":2w94x9ow said:
Utopia is east of Leakey and west of Medina. I don’t know if they ever had sixman football but in the 1990’s the entire graduating class of 6 girls made “The Wall Street Journal” because the lowest average grade was like 97.5 for the entire 4 years of High School.
I’ll Just saying........

Utopia played 6 and 8 man in the 50's and early 60's. The last game I have seen a score for was in 1963 with LaPryor

Hey Leman, you got any information about those Utopia Buffalos on the sixman gridiron?
Next time I’m up there I’m going to look up some old timers I know and get the scoop!

There's very little Leman or I have been able to find on Utopia's football, other than they tended to have mediocre teams almost every year. No paper ever covered them at all.

FCSA football":1be6p4vy said:
I’m Just saying........

Utopia, east of Leakey, Frio River, Alamo country, all girls...sounds like football paradise. :)

I used to have an old boss from Houston (great guy, RIP) that had a hunting lease in Utopia. Back in the 70s, before cell phones and internet, he'd have to send his boss (the regional VP) his schedule with a telephone contact (hotel, etc.) even when on vacation. He and three or four buddies had a primitive cabin on the lease; I remember lots of great stories he would tell of hunting camp.

When he sent his monthly schedule during deer season (including vacation for the hunting trip to Utopia), he put "Utopia, No phone" and sent it in.

His Reg. VP was in town to meet with him a few days later and the VP threw the schedule back at my boss, saying "I don't want to hear about Utopia, Shangra-La, or wherever you are, I want to know how I can reach you." My boss calmly said, "I go hunting in Utopia, Texas. I guess I could get the phone number of the guy who lives on the ranch, but we don't really go up to the main house while we're there." The VP said, "There's no such place as Utopia." Upon which, my boss pulled out a highway map (you know, the original hard-copy GPS for the younger set on line) and pointed out the location of Utopia. The VP went off in a huff.

Been hunting in that area since the ‘80’s myself. Yep it’s there. Several years ago the movie “ Seven Days in Utopia” with Robert Duval was filmed there. Really good movie but didn’t enjoy a lot of coverage because it was “a Christian” movie. It’s about a young pro golfer that blows a lead in a major tournament and goes on a road trip to get away from everything. He comes to a “T” intersection on a country highway and has to make a decision to go right or left. It turns out to be a life changing decision.

You can also add Marble Falls Faith Academy, Cedar Park Summit, and Round Rock Christian Academy to the list of schools getting new HFC's...

Kramer":39qj21c7 said:
Offensively this is a great hire and better than what they've had with the past two coaches.
Defensively he will need to find someone to replace the one leaving for Kress.
Can this be a Nathan Hays and Reece Walker part 2.

With the hiring of Nathan Hays and with the enrollment of his son S. Hays, Coolidge is by far the best team in the East.
With this hire, Coolidge will beat Milford and May
Umm Coolidge will not beat Milford lol..

Back