On the move

Kramer

11-man fan
After a weekend at the Old Mill Trade Days in "good old" Post Texas and a morning at the Levelland Co-op, I've heard of the following news.
Also, Greg Tupper (Dave Campbell's Football) reported on his twitter page "Hearing rumblings of a pretty significant coaching change in the six-man ranks in the next week"

-Borden County
-Richland Springs
-Paducah
-Coolidge
-Rotan
-Zephyr
-Leakey (has hired)
-Hamilton, YES HE'S COMING BACK but not to Gordon

After a reading this, 22 texts, 1 phone call, I came up with this scenario

My 1st GUESS on the DCTF by Greg Tupper is Borden County but I just can't see this happening.
-I've heard Richland Springs Coach is going 11 man, THIS WOULD BE MORE FACTUAL OF HAPPENING and the breaking news by DCTF.
BC coach stays put, don't see this happening. There is no better 6 man job, I don't think he has any more boys that would make him try 11 man.

-Zephyr Coach left for Leakey, going to make Nick Saban money.

-IF THIS IS TRUE OF Hamilton's Coach, and according to the rumor mill, He will be at BC.
I think this is a false prophecy.

-As for Paducah if it comes open, The Principal and Coolidge coach has a good friendship and I can see this.
I don't think the coolidge coach will leave with the returning team they'll have in 2018-19.
Has Coach Donnell said he's leaving
I think this is a false prophecy

What about Calvert, I hear they will they be looking once again ?

FACTS:
Schools that are open or will be coming open - Blanket, Rising Star, Gordon, Rotan, Zephyr.
Burkart leaving Richland Springs
Paducah will be open

WON'T HAPPEN:
Borden County comes open due to Trey R. retiring.
Mike Reed leaves for Borden County or Gordon
Coolidge won't be open, should be really good in 2018

Leman Saunders":28eh4rks said:
some of this is so off it's funny. I think that we will learn a lot more on the 22nd or 23rd...stay tuned!

Well Mr Leman Saunders is my news so off now and we didn't have to wait until Feb 22 or 23.
Old Mill Trade Days in Post Texas, Boot 16, is pretty reliable. He knows ALOT about TEXAS 6 MAN FOOTBALL.

MY FACTS
Richland Springs -Burkhart gone to Stanton for 11 man job.
Richland Springs is open
Zephyr - Williams gone to Leakey
Leakey filled by Williams
Rotan is open

MY FACTS THAT WILL HAPPEN SOON and why
Blanket .. been blasted all over social media what's been going on there. Would be a GREAT superintendent to work for.

Paducah .. Coach has said he's leaving to go along with community is desperate for a playoff win.
This is a place where if you don't get in the playoffs and win, YOU WILL BE OUT. Coach Willis know Coach Donnell. I guess the towns people believe they should be winning more.

Coolidge .. I have a hunch on this one once the dragons position comes open

High Island .. Just a matter of time here before the small fry gets his BIG TUNA job.

MISSED FACT
Mike Reed to Borden County after Coach Richey retires/steps down but may happen in 2019

As I said SOME of the rumors are funny (as always)...but if you noticed I never said they ALL were lol!...now that some of it has become known publicly in the last 20 hours I can give you on the record credit for being correct on a few!

But ya the Borden Co ones are the ones that are laughable to me

tdog5344":3e4c7wn4 said:
Is there any merit to A Cowboy becoming a Dragon???

Well if your asking, let's look at it.

Coach Tye Keith is from Afton/Patton Springs and that area is pretty close to Paducah, he is a proven winner at Happy and the Happy Cowboy pond is drying up (lack of talent) and Paducah is on the UP-SWING with ALOT and I mean ALOT of up-and-coming talent.
I'm sure Coach Keith can pretty much get ANY 1A job he applies for, SUCH AS RICHLAND SPRINGS AND ZEPHYR.
BUT TO ANSWER YOUR QUESTION
Yes I can see Tye Keith being the NEXT PADUCAH DRAGON HEAD COACH and he will be because

The Principal will go in favor of 1 person (COOLIDGE)
The Superintendent will go in favor of the other person (HAPPY)

And at the end of the day, The Superintendent makes the final call and this will be the right way to go because Keith would take Paducah much further than Ware could.

And at the end of the day, The Superintendent makes the final call...

Actually,
If that were true
The Blanket coach would still be there.
What a great Supt to work for...sheesh.
No one in their right mind would
apply to Blanket if they boot current good guy.

This whole Blanket situation strikes me as strange. All I know is rumors and precious few facts. But it still interests me enough that I try to draw conclusions from the rumors. For example, yesterday I "heard" that Williamson had "lawyered up". Does he need a lawyer just to wait for the school board election to see if the vote to let him go will change after the election? I don't think so. You would need a lawyer if you were toying with idea of taking Blanket ISD to court. He has only been in Blanket one year and unless the rules and laws governing hiring and firing teachers has changed in the last eight or ten years, he hasn't got a leg to stand on! After dividing the community into two distinct camps, for or against, the water in Blanket will have soured for him. If the board election goes against him and the Supt., the water will have soured for the Supt. as well.

Blanket school superintendent David Whisenhunt was contacted by the school district's attorney Friday night regarding the school board's vote earlier this month to not renew the contract of head football coach/athletic director Brent Williamson. Whisenhunt said the attorney reviewed the minutes from that meeting and notified Whisenhunt of the following information:

Williamson, who is in his first year with the district, is on a probationary contract. State school law required that the board have a separate vote to terminate Williamson's probationary contract. Because that vote did not occur, Williamson's contract was not terminated, Whisenhunt said.

Whisenhunt brought a press release to the Bulletin Saturday that states:

"There has been great confusion and concern regarding Mr. Williamson's employment status with Blanket ISD. On behalf of Blanket ISD I want to clarify misunderstandings on this matter. During the Blanket ISD board meeting Feb. 12, 2018, a motion to offer Mr. Williamson a contract for the 2018-'19 school year did not pass. The action did not terminate or non-renew Mr. Williamson's contract at the end of his current 2017-'18 probationary contract.

"The board will revisit Mr. Williamson's contract and employment status at a future board meeting prior to the end of the school year. All previous information indicating that the Blanket ISD would not be employing Mr. Williamson beyond the 2017-'18 school year was incorrect, as such a determination has not been made by the board of trustees. We appreciate the input from the community and as a district we will make a final decision in the best interest of the district."

The school board will have a specially called meeting at 7 p.m. Monday. Board members will hear comments from the public regarding Williamson and will consider taking action once again on renewing Williamson's contract, Whisenhunt said, adding that he does not know if the board will take action or what that action would be. Brownwood Bulletin

Back