Newby

JacketMom":9q3uh4vr said:
Just out of curiosity...has anyone actually read all 558 pages of this monstrosity of a thread? Surely it holds the Guinness book for longest sports thread!!

A few have tried. They wound up needing to be labotomized.

It actually doesn't hurt once you are considered insane. I've read it...... twice. Although I will admit, I read most of it as it went. I did go back and read the whole thing about a year ago.

Cowboy could read it without so much as a twitch.

ol' gus":25pgl9ov said:
What's the best caliber to shoot a coyote?
I use a .223 in a single shot bull barrel with a 4X12 optic.........since my stolen AR has yet to be returned ( awaiting conclusion of trial), I have had to quit the "spray & pray" technique. I know a lot of people prefer a .308 but with my bionic shoulder I prefer the zero recoil in the .223 and we are usually shooting at less than 150 yards so the smaller calibre is adequate.
I use the same rifle on hogs except around our yard at night where I prefer my .45 ACP equipped with a laser.

oldfat&bald":2xfjvpyz said:
Smokey, have you got a carbine that shoots .45ACP? Or have you got Crimson Trace grips on a 1911?
Nothing as nice as the Crimson grips....... Just an after market laser on a 1911 clone......didn't want to spend the bucks on an expensive Colt........ This is my knock around pistol but shoots nice under 20 yards.

Ms. Jacket, Calling the Newby a sports thread is a real stretch. In fact posting about a serious football topic can get you a lot of hissing and booing.

smokeyjoe53":11zfzitk said:
oldfat&bald":11zfzitk said:
Smokey, have you got a carbine that shoots .45ACP? Or have you got Crimson Trace grips on a 1911?
Nothing as nice as the Crimson grips....... Just an after market laser on a 1911 clone......didn't want to spend the bucks on an expensive Colt........ This is my knock around pistol but shoots nice under 20 yards.

From what I've heard about Colt lately, you've probably got a better gun with a less expensive 1911 clone. I traded for a newer Colt a while back, and wound up selling it. It was a POS. I really like my Kimber though.

Blue Bird":et7j3sqa said:
Ms. Jacket, Calling the Newby a sports thread is a real stretch. In fact posting about a serious football topic can get you a lot of hissing and booing.

good point! guess it's a sports wanna-be thread

JacketMom":1h9bk13z said:
Blue Bird":1h9bk13z said:

I would call it a......

Rambling, stress relieving, no sense, anti-sports, anti-seriousness, anti-goal oriented thread.
It's a place for the gals and guys to go to take a load off. It's the dark corner of your local sports bar, the "other" room of your basement man (or woman) cave, the old man table at your local coffee shop, except with a lot less armchair qb.

Shad Kline":2mv12t4f said:
JacketMom":2mv12t4f said:
Blue Bird":2mv12t4f said:

I would call it a......

Rambling, stress relieving, no sense, anti-sports, anti-seriousness, anti-goal oriented thread.
It's a place for the gals and guys to go to take a load off. It's the dark corner of your local sports bar, the "other" room of your basement man (or woman) cave, the old man table at your local coffee shop, except with a lot less armchair qb.
On second thought, we don't label newby, it just IS.

Shad Kline":2030bnc0 said:
It actually doesn't hurt once you are considered insane. I've read it...... twice. Although I will admit, I read most of it as it went. I did go back and read the whole thing about a year ago.

Cowboy could read it without so much as a twitch.
I have read it as it went, and twice for amusement.

The only thing that is serious around here is how much everyone gripes about referees and coaches. Maybe the people who can obviously do a better job, should get out there and help out. Referees and coaches human too, I would hope that they would not do a bad job on purpose.

RANT over.

Count Coog":1wmsv53m said:
The only thing that is serious around here is how much everyone gripes about referees and coaches. Maybe the people who can obviously do a better job, should get out there and help out. Referees and coaches human too, I would hope that they would not do a bad job on purpose.

RANT over.

You should have started the school board member's kid last Friday night?

Not a coach. My team won, but I look at a lot of these posts and all I read is about how bad the officials are...

There is a solution, if you aren't happy with it, find a way to help out.

My dad used to referee Basketball and Umpire Baseball. It was hard to listen to growing up.

Past that stage in my life now. Just a guy who likes to watch some good football. Ready for the playoffs.

Back