Newby

CowboyP":3fxqaim9 said:
Ofb, at least I ain't got coonass kinfolk.

The difference between a coon a$$ and an East Texas weenie is the coon a$$ will admit he's a dang coon a$$. Heck, they're even proud of it.

I'll have more respect for you East Texas weenies when y'all start freely admitting it.

CowboyP":202y7vbr said:
Ofb is comfortable with dirty. He's a west Texas dirt-eater that heats his house by burning cow chips in his fireplace.

Lots of mesquite not far from here. No need to burn cow chips. But as cold as it was the last couple if weeks, I'd have burnt them to stay warm.

1521879_10152582990024156_668301160_n.jpg

When we were kids we would be so excited about Christmas that we couldn't sleep............

Then we grew up, had kids and stayed up at night putting gifts together................

Now when the kids are gone and we have time to go to all the parties & get-togethers that come with the holiday season, we stay up all night with indigestion from everything we eat at these parties..........

smokeyjoe53":11hsrgmc said:
I haven't seen anything about a diplomatic crisis...........yet.....

There was a theater that collapsed in London the other night - but the Bobbies felt my alibi was strong enough that they couldn't hold me any longer. They let me go with an apology and a warning to mind my P's and Q's

I have a bunch of UK pics on facebook dot com slash rick dot beesinger

smokeyjoe53":nga531oa said:
When we were kids we would be so excited about Christmas that we couldn't sleep............

Then we grew up, had kids and stayed up at night putting gifts together................

That whole tracking Santa thing used to scare the crap out of me. My parents told us Santa would fly right over us if we weren't asleep. I was so scared I wouldn't fall asleep that I wound up not being able to go to sleep.

I carried on the tradition with our kids - the internet made it way more realistic. I don't know what it is about scaring kids, but it is one of my favorite hobbies.

rainjacktx":epur3jul said:
I don't know what it is about scaring kids, but it is one of my favorite hobbies.

That comment doesn't surprise anyone. Most of us are surprised we haven't seen a story out of the UK about some crazy Texan playing Grinch and stealing kids Christmas presents yet.

oldfat&bald":2ortsmdn said:
rainjacktx":2ortsmdn said:
I don't know what it is about scaring kids, but it is one of my favorite hobbies.

That comment doesn't surprise anyone. Most of us are surprised we haven't seen a story out of the UK about some crazy Texan playing Grinch and stealing kids Christmas presents yet.

I'm not mean. I just like being scary. I think I mentioned this before, but all my nieces and nephews have been scared to death of me until they got old enough to get it. Then I turn into the uncle they can't live without.

The convenience store clerk already rolls his eyes and tries to find something else to do when he sees me walk in. And I've only been in the store twice.

We'll be coming home Thursday.

We traveled 4743 miles around the world. First folks we meet at the pub? Sheep farmers and cattlemen.

That's alright, though. I walked out of their last night with a free Guiness glass, and some sheep farmer's wool sweater. Unbeknownst to me, my wife had made a bet with my son much earlier in the evening that I would walk out with that particular sweater.

And I don't even like sweaters.

Back