swires

Six-man fan
I am contemplating joining the Amarillo chapter for the next season since I will no longer have a dog in the fight and I can get my football fix. When would be the best time to submit a new membership so I don't have to pay two years worth of dues and still be alright with new membership? Thanks

For information on the Amarillo chapter I would start here:

http://www.amarefs.org/

Chapter dues are often waived for first year officials (better check with the chapter to be certain though). You also must pay TASO dues which are yearly and are due in February to avoid late fees.

Hope this helps.

It's never too late to start... I'd wait until the first of the year to register, but you could be well ahead of the game since you know that you want to do it, to start your adventure by getting into the NCAA rule book, but for your first year, more importantly the mechanics manuals... Being in the correct position to see what you should see is half the battle. You aren't going to know he rule book front to back, probably ever, but mechanics are a different story.

Welcome to the 'crew'!

We would love to have you or be happy to visit with you. You can use contact informtion on the web site fense provided or shoot me a PM.

Go to www.amarefs.org, or like rickref said - PM one of us. The earlier you join, the more training you can get before the season starts.

The Amarillo Chapter will waive your local dues your rookie season. And the chapter is going to start up monthly off-season rules review meetings starting January 4.

Back