New HISD Mascots

Wouldn't the Texans be offensive to the unfortunate people who do not live here? And the Wolf Pack could traumatize small furry animal lovers......... And aren't Huskies forced to demean themselves by pulling humans around by sled?........

Maybe all mascots should be the same; " persons participating in extracurricular school activities" or PPIESA's. That should not offend anybody except a few old curmudgeons like us................ and nobody cares if we are upset......

Exactly.
I just saw a news story on TV saying the cost could exceed $250,000. I thought the newspaper story said $88,000, so I just clicked on the link to check. It now says $250,000. Anyway someone has posted, "Huskies? Isn't that offensive to fat people?"
Just think of what some of our six-man schools could do with $250,000. Heck just think of what HISD could do with $250,000.

I find that MOST if not all six man mascots offensive.

Eagles, this is a vicious bird, as well as the symbol of our nation, which now-a-days, is offensive in itself. One school even has the audacity to have a flag bearing, carniverous, flying bunny killer that screams at ya. Outlaw this mascot NOW.

Bulldogs, they slobber too much, and their face is flat, i find this offensive to dogs that have pointy noses and don't slobber.

Hornets. Have you ever met a nice hornet? Offensive little creatures from start to finish.

Indians, Personally I don't see a problem with having a mascot from India, but apparently others find this offensive.

Panthers. Not only are they a vicious, meat eating killer, they are hard to see at night, BAN EM!!!!

Wildcats. An untamed feline? Are you kidding me? How rude.

Longhorns. Boasting about the length of your horn is quite offensive. Marfa should be outraged.

Lions, Tigers, AND Bears. No true Wizard of Oz fan should sleep at night if you are a supporter of any one of these mascots.

Cowboys, Obviously offensive to any self respecting metrosexual city slicker.

Mustangs, again with the untamed, how do you people sleep at night?

Bobcats. But they are so cute........ right before they rip your face off.

Cardinals. Quite offensive to ANY bird that does not have brilliant coloring like you do.

Cougars. Whats with all of the long toothed, meat eating cats? Gives me chills.

Coyotes. Sit outside at midnight and listen to one of these fellas howl at ya? That should be offensive to anyone.

Dragons. What ISN'T offensive about a creature that don't actually exist, breathes fire, bigger than most busses, and has scales?

Greyhounds. Quite offensive to any dog that has short legs and is slow.

Yellowhammers. What if my hammer is red? or blue? Harrrummpphh!!!

I find it offensive that you didn't mention Elks.
Yes, I know we haven't offended many lately, but we're gonna keep trying.
J/K, nice post, made me laugh.

olderelk":gdbjzsbe said:
I find it offensive that you didn't mention Elks.
Yes, I know we haven't offended many lately, but we're gonna keep trying.
J/K, nice post, made me laugh.
I'm not offended by an elk, in fact, I find them very tasty.

Back