National Anthem Protest

BuffaloCountry

11-man fan
Just out of curiosity, what are you guys and gals opinions on players and teams kneeling and etc. during the national anthem?

Have any sixman teams decided to protest the national anthem?

I'm probably opening up a can of worms with this comment, but here goes. I support the protests and what they stand for. If you don't see that racism is still alive and that white privilege is very real, then you're either blind or have never been out of your small town. What I don't support is the way they went about it, kneeling during the anthem. What the Cowboys did last night was a great solution. Kneeling before the anthem standing up for what they believe in then standing and locking arms for the anthem symbolizing unity against a problem.

Thomas Jefferson penned the words " All men are created equal "............ I choose to believe that but many times you must not allow yourself to be treated in any other way. Accepting that you are equal is the first step in being accepted by others as an equal......

CleverUsername1":26qa0u9t said:
I'm probably opening up a can of worms with this comment, but here goes. I support the protests and what they stand for. If you don't see that racism is still alive and that white privilege is very real, then you're either blind or have never been out of your small town. What I don't support is the way they went about it, kneeling during the anthem. What the Cowboys did last night was a great solution. Kneeling before the anthem standing up for what they believe in then standing and locking arms for the anthem symbolizing unity against a problem.

The SJW's have arrived on a small school football forum. Too bad.

points and laughs at them

Go and stand over the open casket of a young man or young woman in uniform and tell me why you would dishonor their sacrifice.
In May of 1967 when I graduated high school, 443 young Americans, mostly 18-22 died in Vietnam. In May of 1969, when I was drafted, 540 were KIA. All friends and fellow service members. We still mourn and miss them.
That is why we will not participate in any game where coaches, players or anyone else associated with the team kneels during the National Anthem. Many thousands more have been KIA and Wounded during their service to this country and its' Flag and National Anthem. We will NOT DISHONOR THEIR SACRIFICE.

Austin Achieve, a public school, surprised us at our Homecoming last year by kneeling, coaches and players alike, and that is why we will never play them again or even return their phone calls. They are not worthy of serious consideration. Political or Social displays, disturbances, exhibitions or demonstrations
have no place at a High School or Jr. High School football game or any other event. It is nothing more than an attempt to showcase an individual or group of individuals and takes away from the idea of a team sports.
If you want to demonstrate, rent a facility and invite all your like minded friends. Just don't try to force me to watch or listen to you unless you are prepared to watch and listen to me. Then you won't have a game, you will probably have a riot.

Honor the flag. period. Any protest needs to be somewhere else in a different forum. It has become a complete dog and pony show for the cameras. I'm sure the cameras and news people will follow them anywhere else.

How bout dont bring that crap to our football site. Tired of it invading every part of my life geeze!! People have constitutional rights and they can express them how they want right or wrong its not up to us. Move on! How about them Cowboys!

I must be racist because Everytime I see or hear someone talk about white privilege I want to punch them in the throat. Why can't people just take responsibility for their own actions instead of constantly being a victim.

Let me start with it doesn't matter what color you are I love all the same. That being said , I have never received a scholarship for the color of my skin , I have never had 5 points added to a test because the color of my skin , but yet I grew up in the same neighborhood and was just as poor as my neighbor that was different color. And have seen these things take place. Heck even Dallas FD has two unions a black union and a open union. So not sure where that privilege is?? I do know there is racial profiling and yes I have been racially profiled when in a neighborhood that I guess I didn't match.
Our country has problems but it is our country and better than any other to me!!! So I stand!!!

Political or Social displays, disturbances, exhibitions or demonstrations
have no place at a High School or Jr. High School football game or any other event.

The smartest thing FCSA has ever said in the forum. I applaud him for the stance that he and his school have chosen to take because it shows true conviction and an unwillingness to compromise what is integral to his and the school's beliefs.

On another note:
What is happening south of the border has really made me think about how Canadians would react if, say, NHL players were kneeling on mass to protest an injustice or a perceived injustice rooted either in history, social status, economics, gender, race, religion, core beliefs, etc. Us Canucks are always thought to be overly polite but I think there would be the same anger and vitriol if it took place here in Canada.

As I have already stated but was apparently ignored, I am for the protests but NOT FOR THE METHOD of protest. If that's hard to understand-FIGHTING AGAINST RACISM=GOOD DISRESPECTING COUNTRY=BAD
But honestly most of the people pitching a fit are hypocrites. You claim that those players are disrespecting the flag (which they are) but stand by silently as white people wear shorts and socks with American flag designs on them and you drink your Budweiser with American flag packaging. Where's the outrage over those things? That is extremely disrespectful to the Stars and Stripes. Yet young black males take a knee during the anthem (which to clarify once again, is wrong) and conservatives collectively lose their minds. Also, where was the outrage over the Charlottesville riots where white guys waved Confederate and Nazi flags? Is a peaceful protest really worse than what those white supremacists did? All I'm saying is that if you're going to boycott the NFL you better get to boycotting every company that has ever used the American flag in its products or packaging because that is also disrespecting the flag. Or at least according the constitution. And to clarify, I voted Trump and probably own more firearms than most on this thread so don't confuse me for a liberal. But I know the difference in right or wrong.

Clever, most of us watch football and other sports to get away from politics and be entertained. Now the SJW morons have invaded our last refuge and it has pissed us all off. When they take the knee, they are disrespecting EVERY American who ever joined the military and police. You make a big deal about the 20 or so "unarmed" black guys who were killed by police last year and never mention those were nearly all in the big democrat controlled cities that are open crime zones. The number of unarmed blacks killed by armed black gang bangers is 3-4 orders of magnitude higher than those killed by the cops.

I have ABSOLUTELY NO SYMPATHY for the kneeler and their BS protest. It was all started by a washed up third string black QB desperate to keep his millionaire lifestyle.

I've successfully abstained from watching any sports whatsoever not so much as boycotting one particular thing but just fed up with the importance people place on sports in general.
I haven't watched ESPN in years mainly because of the talking heads rattling on about everything but the event at hand. It seems that a microphone in your hand makes you an expert on anything and everything.........
But what do I know.......... I'm just an old curmudgeon...................

truthhurts17":tw849hza said:
Who are you to say how they use their constitutional rights? A bit hypocritical!

You seem triggered and scared. New account eh? Either too scared to show who you really are or have never been involved enough to join up until now.

Hey Truthhurts, the title of this thread clearly says "other football talk"", so why did you bother to come over here? No one really cares to read your claptrap ranting and raving. Just go back to some other thread.
But you won't because you like to sensationalize and attack people while hiding behind the anonymity of your cutesy little name. But you probably don't realize just how easy it is to backtrack you and find out who you are where you live etc.
So keep up with your hysterical rants, just don't be surprised when one day, someone comes up behind you, taps you on the shoulder and says.........

I'm so tired of the lack of respect by all of the entitled athletes. If you are an American then you stand and show your respect for all the men and women who have served our great country. This will never be acceptable to me. I have never served but I have family and friends who have given their life for our country. If you want to protest then do it another way. All hell would break loose if someone trys that in west texas.

Is that a threat?!!?? Seriously what are you 12?? Bring it little guy I'm not afraid of you by any means mr keyboard bandit. I didn't say anything about anyone other then the fact that we don't need politics here...I could really care less what you think but if you are threating someone over a difference of opinion then you are defiantly whats wrong with this country.

Back