nacho or shredded?!?!?

smokeyjoe53":2uh28qa5 said:
Cowboy you can eat guacamole safely, it's not a vegetable and avacodos have high fat content so they actually would compliment the "Fat Burger" nicely....................
Ok. As long as it's not healthy.

CowboyP":zaw4wxpn said:
smokeyjoe53":zaw4wxpn said:
Cowboy you can eat guacamole safely, it's not a vegetable and avacodos have high fat content so they actually would compliment the "Fat Burger" nicely....................
Ok. As long as it's not healthy.

It's not healthy.
There are more calories in that burger than I eat in a day.

oldfat&bald":xa4u6un4 said:
CowboyP":xa4u6un4 said:
My middle son wants me to make him one. I think I'll do it next weekend.

Party at Doc Tinkle's house next weekend. Be ready to make about 75 of 'em.
Figures. Just like my local friends, all the fun stuff happens when I'm on call.

The Perfect burger:
Toasted sourdough bun
2 1/3 lb patties 90% chuck - cooked rare
brown mustard on one bun, Hellman's mayo on the other
3 slices sharp cheddar - one in between the patties, the other two on the outside of them
2 slices of onion
enough bread and butter pickles to cover the mayo on one bun
hot wolf brand chili on the mustard bun on top of the onion
tomato slices on top of pickles

BTW...no lettuce!

Here's what I think of lettuce:

funny-gifs-lettuce-face-them.gif

CowboyP":yz23qrk1 said:
Old Bearkat":yz23qrk1 said:
BTW...no lettuce!

Here's what I think of lettuce:

funny-gifs-lettuce-face-them.gif
That looks like cabbage. If you are getting lettuce and cabbage confused, I can understand why you don't want it on you're burgers.

hush.gif

I could not find one using a head of lettuce....

shredded!

unless it's going on fries...then nacho...

here is my take on this...if you are talking about

Frito pie: nacho cheese is a mask that can cover up bad chili or cold chili...shredded cheese is a hallmark of good and hot (oven hot) chili...over 165 degrees...as it will bring out more flavor and melt enough to enhance the chili

nachos: if there is a melter that can melt the cheese then shredded is again the way to go...never ever should a microwave be used...if you dont have a melter or salamander as some call them...(pizza over is also acceptable to melt cheese) then you have to go with "nacho"/Velveeta type gooey cheese

Fries: same goes for fries as goes for nachos...but honestly if it is concession stand food then "nacho" cheese/ gooey Velveeta cheese is the best!

ol' gus":1g2cb452 said:
So i finally had a frito pie. It had avacado and leftover turkey too. Im not sure that i understand the fascination.

With leftover turkey and avocado in it it was not a frito pie. Beef, preferably home made, chili (must we say NO beans?), over fresh fritos, shredded cheddar cheese sprinkled with diced onions, jalapeno optional. Simple.
On a cold night, like stew or soup, warming to the soul.
A decent version of, at a cold playoff game in November - December, Heaven.

I was flipping through channels & saw Matt Lauer eating Frito Pie on the Today show........... granted they called it "chili in a bag".................

ol' gus":2qxlh1cl said:
So there has been talk about shredded or nacho cheese for 3 years?
No, there has only been a thread for 3 years. The talk of the perfect frito pie has been around since before the interwebs.

smokeyjoe53":i047vqhs said:
I was flipping through channels & saw Matt Lauer eating Frito Pie on the Today show........... granted they called it "chili in a bag".................

In Northern illinoisy, they call it a "walking taco".......

Damn Yankees

Back