MVP player of 2022 so far?

Shamadrick (shuh-maw-drick)
Real name, yes
Was that a real question?
Can’t pronounce it? Call him Shay
Great kid, great student, great athlete
Super smart, super fast, super kid

No disrespect was intended. I had not heard of him before and didn't know if someone was making something up.

Weaver is solid. We elected to go further down the road to watch my nephew play Strawn that night he played in Roby. I think a lot have been impressive. Rigdon kid did his thing vs the number 2 team in state and will probably get mvp again based off a deep playoff run. I don't see Weaver kid getting past 3rd round so that could hurt his case. As for the Ethridge kid I haven't seen him score the ball very often. He doesn't really light the scoreboard up and I don't see them going past 2nd round. The real sleeper is 3 from Loraine. That kid does a lot but once again its gonna come down to who does the most the longest and if coaches are biased at these meetings. My humble predictions in division 2 are

Chacka- MVP

#7 Benjamin - DPOY

#3 Loraine OPOY

Newcomer: Kid from Oglesby

COY: Oglesby Staff (if they make a run in that less than stellar region)

Weaver kid destroyed Nazareth, watched film on them, if you see film watch the last play before halftime it got called back on holding ain't no one got moves like that this year

Weaver is solid. We elected to go further down the road to watch my nephew play Strawn that night he played in Roby. I think a lot have been impressive. Rigdon kid did his thing vs the number 2 team in state and will probably get mvp again based off a deep playoff run. I don't see Weaver kid getting past 3rd round so that could hurt his case. As for the Ethridge kid I haven't seen him score the ball very often. He doesn't really light the scoreboard up and I don't see them going past 2nd round. The real sleeper is 3 from Loraine. That kid does a lot but once again its gonna come down to who does the most the longest and if coaches are biased at these meetings. My humble predictions in division 2 are

Chacka- MVP

#7 Benjamin - DPOY

#3 Loraine OPOY

Newcomer: Kid from Oglesby

COY: Oglesby Staff (if they make a run in that less than stellar region)
Braxton Ethridge has scored 5 TDs in every game he’s played in this season.

Yeah just saw chacka from Benjamin score 5tds playing the number 2 team in the state. I just don't see anything from the braxton kid. The kid down the street at rochelle scores 5 a game too. I followed ethridge while in Leakey and SL earth. The kid hasn't even won a playoff game yet and he is a senior now. Kinda hard for me to consider him POY worthy.

I just don't see anything from the braxton kid. The kid down the street at rochelle scores 5 a game too. I followed ethridge while in Leakey and SL earth. The kid hasn't even won a playoff game yet and he is a senior now.

To say you "don't see anything" from him is just a dumb thing to say about any of the kids who are playing this game. Remember, they're just kids. No need to downplay what they're doing. Say you disagree, compare what they're doing to other kids, but to say you "don't see anything" from him...seriously? They're all going out there on Friday nights and giving their all. Sure, some are better than others, just as some teams are better than others, but he's a starter on a good team...I doubt there's nothing to see there...

Also, what does any of what he did in previous years have to do with this year's POY award? Spoiler alert: absolutely nothing...

Yeah just saw chacka from Benjamin score 5tds playing the number 2 team in the state. I just don't see anything from the braxton kid. The kid down the street at rochelle scores 5 a game too. I followed ethridge while in Leakey and SL earth. The kid hasn't even won a playoff game yet and he is a senior now. Kinda hard for me to consider him POY worthy.
What does what he did last year have anything to do with POY for this season?
He’s one of the best athletes in the state (his track resume speaks for hisself).
He’s leading a top ranked undefeated team right now. He’s fast and elusive, and he can throw the football. What box isn’t he checking ? He certainly passes the eye test with me .

What does what he did last year have anything to do with POY for this season?
He’s one of the best athletes in the state (his track resume speaks for hisself).
He’s leading a top ranked undefeated team right now. He’s fast and elusive, and he can throw the football. What box isn’t he checking ? He certainly passes the eye test with me .
Ok so what does track have to do with anything? That happened last year as well? You just contradicted yourself. Kid is an athlete. Never won a playoff game and hasn't played a team even closed to ranked in the top 20 yet. Lets watch the cherokee game. I saw the lometa game. Goes down with any contact. Just not really player of the year material. I think his last name and where he plays has yall fooled. If i had to rank a top 5 best players in D2 no coach or fan ranks him top 15. Hey he left Benjamin cuz he was 5th fiddle. I digress, lets see the cherokee game..

Ok so what does track have to do with anything? That happened last year as well? You just contradicted yourself. Kid is an athlete. Never won a playoff game and hasn't played a team even closed to ranked in the top 20 yet. Lets watch the cherokee game. I saw the lometa game. Goes down with any contact. Just not really player of the year material. I think his last name and where he plays has yall fooled. If i had to rank a top 5 best players in D2 no coach or fan ranks him top 15. Hey he left Benjamin cuz he was 5th fiddle. I digress, lets see the cherokee game..
No sir I disagree on the contradiction. You said “I followed ethridge while in Leakey and SL earth. The kid hasn't even won a playoff game yet and he is a senior now. Kinda hard for me to consider him POY worthy.” Dismissing he as a POY because of things that happened last year .

I didn’t give him POY based on his track success. I brought his track resume because multiple post have said kids are “Fast” … well BE is arguably the fastest kid playing 1A football right now.

If he has a huge game Friday and beats the rival Indians would you say he’s a top POY candidate? What does he have to do to enter the discussion?

No sir I disagree on the contradiction. You said “I followed ethridge while in Leakey and SL earth. The kid hasn't even won a playoff game yet and he is a senior now. Kinda hard for me to consider him POY worthy.” Dismissing he as a POY because of things that happened last year .

I didn’t give him POY based on his track success. I brought his track resume because multiple post have said kids are “Fast” … well BE is arguably the fastest kid playing 1A football right now.

If he has a huge game Friday and beats the rival Indians would you say he’s a top POY candidate? What does he have to do to enter the discussion?
No doubt on the speed. Hes fastest for sure on a track, it doesnt transition to football speed. 10 second hundred on a track doesnt always mean they run that fast between the tackles and yes if they beat Cherokee and he goes for 5 tds again or something he is in the discussion.

From the Fence:

To be considered for POY or MVP or OPY/DPY in my opinion it's a combination of what the player did in the regular season, District, and playoffs.
Also in my opinion, if you don't play in the state game win or lose you shouldn't be considered for any of those honors. To hold one of those titles you need to be the best of the best all year and win it all in the end.
But that's just my opinion and it don't mean anything to anyone except me.

No doubt on the speed. Hes fastest for sure on a track, it doesnt transition to football speed. 10 second hundred on a track doesnt always mean they run that fast between the tackles and yes if they beat Cherokee and he goes for 5 tds again or something he is in the discussion.
Swear yall are gonna think im nuts but Lusty is the real deal. He's not as gifted offensively but hes the man on defense and is what the Yotes are gonna need to play like a POY.

From the Fence:

To be considered for POY or MVP or OPY/DPY in my opinion it's a combination of what the player did in the regular season, District, and playoffs.
Also in my opinion, if you don't play in the state game win or lose you shouldn't be considered for any of those honors. To hold one of those titles you need to be the best of the best all year and win it all in the end.
Not always the case. There was one 6man player of the year who did not play in the state game. James Stocks. He could've been in the goat discussion that was shutdown. But the kids who do make it to the last game are the ones fresh on people's mind.

Back