Milford vs Strawn

After listening to Strawn the last couple weeks I'm a believer...wow. Great composure tonight....defense showed up second half. Even though that's hard for me to say when you give up 71 points but it's a fact. Go Greyhounds

That's how it goes. You want us to shut up you whip our ass and send us home. This is my last post of the year. Great game (2nd Half) Strawn. Heck of a season Bulldogs, proud of you boys no matter what. One game doesn't define you. Good luck Strawn and Balmorhea.

Nothing against a very good Milford team, but this ole’ Woodson boy has been cheering for coach Lee and his Greyhounds ! Great halftime adjustments. Pride, Determination and Heart. This team can do it all ! Congratulations!
Now Win State !

Just got home. What an awesome game from both teams and especially fourth quarter for the Hounds.
At one point I thought Strawn might be going to down three scores and wasn't confident about them overcoming such a deficit. They had not stopped Milford at the time. Milford was scoring in 1-2-3 plays every time they got the ball it seemed like. A KOR for a TD. Strawn was having to drive the field to stay within 1-2 touchdowns. I was worried at half time. They had gone into the third quarter the first game of the year and last weeks but won both by 45 in it but If I remember right all others ended at the half.
Coach Lee's teams have always had stamina but how would they respond to more quick strikes, could they keep up? Yep. They just kept hangin. Coach Cervantes I'm guessing made some adjustments, the quick strikes slowed down, the D stepped up with a couple of interceptions along with other stops and they finally got the lead.
Then, what can ya say about the 4th quarter, they finished. Strong. At one point 8 points away from 45.
Congratulations to Milford. I think it took everything Strawn had along with a lot of perseverance and maybe a little luck to turn things around.

Actually,
Im not sure what game y'all watched
But i saw a strong defensive and offensive
game by both teams first half.
Problem is that Millie had #1 and #4
and Strawn has #1 through #72.
Millie lost their composure
when it got hard.
It was real easy to see who was in the best shape too.
Strawn never got tired.
I enjoyed it very much
but didnt expect the blue taunting call or all the whining or giving up.
Ive never been to ATT stadium so lets go.

MilfordInsider":3v0iosd5 said:
That's how it goes. You want us to shut up you whip our ass and send us home. This is my last post of the year. Great game (2nd Half) Strawn. Heck of a season Bulldogs, proud of you boys no matter what. One game doesn't define you. Good luck Strawn and Balmorhea.

Does Milford lose a lot kids to graduation this year? Not sure it makes much difference they always seem to have athletes each year. Just curious about this bunch of kids.

smokeyjoe53":2k327pys said:
My count is probably wrong but 10 missed extra points by Strawn? This could have been a 45 point game..........

I think at least as many were blocked or tipped as were missed but I may be wrong too. I thought Milford was getting to the kicker better than anyone this year. Somewhere towards the end of the season there was a stretch where they didn't miss one for 2-3 games, all won by 45. There was a point last night where I thought this could have been the deciding factor but the Hounds overcame. As far as the 45 there was a point with 3-4 minutes left where Strawn was 8 points away from that happening. Despite their obvious frustration at knowing they couldn't win by that point and having lost focus the Bulldogs didn't let that happen.

Strawn got a lot of respect from the state last night beating a team that belonged to be there and most likely will be the going to state next year so watch out D1 hats off to Milford and good luck to Strawn make the east proud!

Back