Milford v McLean for the gold ball

EasyE43":3hxpccq3 said:
You’re not going to get one. Gruver plays Wednesday night, that will be a good game.
If you think that will be a good game, you are right! Good for Mart! I watched a 9 and 6 Albany nearly beat Gruver, with Albany's stud running back out. Mart will embarrass Gruver.

I hope they are fired up, it just won’t matter. I hate even talking like this, it’s bad karma, but our boys are simply that good. It’s going to be over early. Get use to #20 scoring.

Milford will stop McLeans offense more times than theirs will be stopped. Milford by 20 Ta’Rons allusive speed and accurate passing will make it happen

EasyE43":qmqrxace said:
I don’t know much about Gruver, just rooting for them because they’re from the Panhanlde. I hope they prove you wrong.
You really have to get close to the caprock before you run into the better teams. Then most of the time, the further east you go, the better the teams. But, you just have to play the cards that are dealt you!

I’ve already said what I think about both teams on this message board. Based on the game film I have seen of both teams, Milford will be out classed from the word go. This one will be over by no later then the end of the 3rd quarter. Milford is a sacrificial lamb!

McLean-64
Milford-16

McLean 2018 1AD1 State Champions!

I think 64-16 McLean with the W sounds about right. Lots of talk about Milford’s speed. It really doesn’t matter though. There’s track speed, and there’s football speed. Strawn beat Milford, Strawn got beat beat pretty easily by McLean. No...McLean didn’t 45 Strawn but it was a convincing win. I wish Milford could pull it off but it ain’t gonna happen. I just don’t see Milford matching up well with McLean.
Here’s how the game will go.
Milford will be down by a touch down end of the first quarter (good game).
End of the second quarter McLean will be ahead by 3 scores.
In the third Ta’Ron is pretty well gassed and starts to pass a lot (either because he’s tired or Milford is in desperation mode). He’ll have a couple of int’s and McLean will score on those drives or they’ll turn them into pic 6’s.
This game is vertually over by the end of the 3rd and it may literally be over by then too.

McLeam is bigger, better football speed, pounders on offensive and slobber knockers on defense. There’s blood in the water and unfortunately it’s bull dog blood and McLean is hungry and have fire in their eyes. They want the title and they’ll take it.

It will all look good on the screen above the field. Enjoy and remember the experience, so few get the opportunity. Take lot's of pictures of yourself on your phone. Cheering is optional.

I think Wolf is spot on! That’s exactly how i see the game going! Mclean does have a fire in their eyes right now and even as the out right favorite, they have a chip on their shoulder. You’ll see them play exactly like that too! My new pick is Mclean 60 Milford 18

Honestly, I haven’t lived in the Panhandle for several years. But the folks I met there were as humble and down to Earth as any I have run across. Chiggity, you are the only McLean fan I have seen act this way, and I only hope it is not representative of the community. Arrogance is a despicable trait.

Big fan 22 your exactly right I grew up in groom and great people there. The people mouthing for Mclean are not from mclean and should realize there words are read by the boys. EasyE is from pampa not from mclean. Good luck to those boys bring it home to the panhandle.

What have I said that is disrespectful or wrong?? I felt like we have just had good back and forth opinions of the game and our teams! Nothing has been meant with disrespect!!

I’m not from the Panhandle iether. I’m from South Central Texas. Schertz to be exact. However, I’ve seen enough game film on both teams and plenty of sixman football in my 50 years on Earth to know greatness on a football field when I see it. I’m just calling it like I see it. I have not seen a team that is so stacked at every position with speed and defensive quickness like McLean since the days of Fort Hancock. I truly hope it is a good game. Still, my gut says this game is going to be over long before the final whistle of the 4th quarter. Hey, if Milford shows up and shocks the sixman world I will be the first to admit I’m wrong. I just don’t see it happening. Like I said before:

McLean-64
Milford-16

The predictions leading up to this game remind me of Hillary vs trump most everyone had her winning BUT she didn’t and neither will McLean hope you all take the loss better than the Democrats don’t blame the refs or the Russians

I'm not from the panhandle either, went to school in Palo Pinto county at Santo. McLean looks real good but no one wants to tackle Crockett. I watched the McLean vs GC highlights posted today and Crockett was seldom touched much less slowed down. He is a good sized player but I remember when Strawn had their monster teams in the late 1960's and mistreated everybody. The Strawn running back Kirk Hinkson was bigger than Crockett and didn't need to be fast, he ran over people. That is players who actually got their hands on him. Get Leman to post the film of Strawn's 1968 regional game against Novice played at Coleman and you can see what a big back will do to smaller players. I understand all the emphasis on offense but the lack of defensive effort and ability stands out. I hope Milford comes in with the intention to put some licks on McLean. It doesn't seem like anyone has tackled them yet. Just want to see a competitive game with some hitting going on. I prefer tackle football over basketball on the football field. I rate the game a toss up.

Back