McLean vs Rankin

McLean has Crockett and Rankin has Goodley. These two will be interesting to watch. I believe Crockett is the best player in 6 man but Rankin is the better team. I would assume the game will be in Levelland.

Anytime a sixman team doesnt play on a sixman field it increases the likelyhood of errors made by refs, coaches and players. These kids and coaches have put in a lot of blood, sweat, and tears dont they deserve to play on a sixman field? There are plenty of great fields for the players....

kbjoe1":1ebuwd2q said:
Anytime a sixman team doesnt play on a sixman field it increases the likelyhood of errors made by refs, coaches and players. These kids and coaches have put in a lot of blood, sweat, and tears dont they deserve to play on a sixman field? There are plenty of great fields for the players....

I agree and was thinking maybe Spur or Jayton? Both decent size 6 man venues and fairly equally drive times for both teams

After a little research Whiteface would be another option for a 6 man field and stadium shows to hold 2500 which is one of the larger 6 man venues.

smalltown":2y9pl5j0 said:
McLean has Crockett and Rankin has Goodley. These two will be interesting to watch. I believe Crockett is the best player in 6 man but Rankin is the better team. I would assume the game will be in Levelland.

What tells you that Rankin has a better team?? Not trying to argue at all just curious about the matchup is all.

For what it’s worth, only common opponent was Balmorhea which beat McLean by 13 and who Rankin beat by 24. Rankin has been underestimated a lot this year and has great “team speed” not just 1 guy. Goodley is their MVP for sure but far from the only thing they have going! Should be a great game & IMO will decide the state champion barring something crazy.

It’s just hard to go against Ben Crockett and company! Definitely don’t compare this McLean team to the McLean team that lost to Balmorhea in week 4... In week 4 McLean was still trying to figure out personal positions. Ben Crockett was on Press Pass Sports couple of weeks ago and he Eluded to the fact that they are playing more as a team now than week 4...: McLean by 14

So defense should be a factor and in three games of playoffs Rankin has given up 130 points McLean has given up 28 wonder if McLean can slow down the Rankin scoring machine?

Hard to go off of last 3 games. Seems Rankin had a tougher schedule. Both teams have stud players. I think this will come down to extra points and who makes less mistakes.

I really wish I could see this one. I know absolutely nothing about Rankin other than them beating Balmorhea and 45ing BC which totally shocked me. Not because I don't think they are that good, but just because that doesn't happen to BC much! Rankin had the chance to revenge the only blemish on their record. McLean is rolling right now. They are primed to make a return to the big dance. I didn't get to see the McLean Balmorhea game but saw it on the radio. I think McLean got surprised a lot. They made a valiant attempt at a comeback but the damage was already done. It would have been fun to see if they could have righted their wrongs in a rematch but it didn't happen. Im going to stick to what Ive said previously. If Rankin tackles Crockett and can prevent him from scoring, they will win this game. If not, McLean will prevail. Safe travels to all who get to go watch!!!

My early pick was Rankin vs Milford (wrong) with Rankin winning it.... I think this may be game of the year because McLean is rolling as well as Rankin. It will come down to coaching imo & I think McLean has the advantage there. This is the true state championship.

swires":2y9ai4iq said:
I really wish I could see this one. I know absolutely nothing about Rankin other than them beating Balmorhea and 45ing BC which totally shocked me. Not because I don't think they are that good, but just because that doesn't happen to BC much! Rankin had the chance to revenge the only blemish on their record. McLean is rolling right now. They are primed to make a return to the big dance. I didn't get to see the McLean Balmorhea game but saw it on the radio. I think McLean got surprised a lot. They made a valiant attempt at a comeback but the damage was already done. It would have been fun to see if they could have righted their wrongs in a rematch but it didn't happen. Im going to stick to what Ive said previously. If Rankin tackles Crockett and can prevent him from scoring, they will win this game. If not, McLean will prevail. Safe travels to all who get to go watch!!!

I think this game comes down to defense and coaching. Both teams have studs, should be a good "state championship." Luckily, I'm able to go to this game being right down the road from me.

McLean was a darn good team last year, but I understand they lost a few players. While I am personally rooting for Rankin due to geography and personal fondness for the Redevils, I hope both teams play hard because, honestly, it is probably for the state championship.

Back