McLean vs Rankin

Listened to the game stream.
Dunno how young Rankin's team is, but with Goodley returning, they should make another deep run next season, probably all the way to Jerry's World.
McLean's game plan appears to have been very simple: Feed Crockett the ball and dare the Red Devils to stop him. They stopped him on a couple series, but in the end, he did what he does, pick up yards and score TD's.
We'll see if the Tigers repeat as champs in about 10 days; I'm already looking for next season to see how Rankin fares.......unless this was a fairy tale season for them, they could be the up and coming force in their region.

Kudos to Airboss,
A complete post without once trashing kids or coaches!
You sir, are a breath of fresh air and are sorely needed on this site.
Congratulations and thanks for you reasoned comment and observations!

We all like to talk a little smack and have fun before the game. Now that the game is over where are the compliments. Hats off to easily the two best teams in sixman any division. Both teams gave there all in what will go down as one to remember for the ages. Congrats to both coaches teams and communities on a great year. Good luck to McLean and Blum. Mclean for the back to back and blum for the first ever championship game...

I agree that Richland is one of if not the deepest teams in the state. I could also argue that McLean is the best team in the state, with maybe less quality depth. I’m personally hoping these state championships turn out to be great games but I just have the gut feeling that Richland will dominate and Mclean will too but maybe not as early. Could be two blowouts again, which is unfortunate. Maybe one of these days we can watch some of these semifinal games/close playoff games (Richland/Calvert, McLean/Rankin), that are more exciting and competitive than the state games we have seen in the past. A mercy rule in the state game is getting tiresome to see year after year.

Coach Roach":3rxbjrou said:
I agree that Richland is one of if not the deepest teams in the state. I could also argue that McLean is the best team in the state, with maybe less quality depth. I’m personally hoping these state championships turn out to be great games but I just have the gut feeling that Richland will dominate and Mclean will too but maybe not as early. Could be two blowouts again, which is unfortunate. Maybe one of these days we can watch some of these semifinal games/close playoff games (Richland/Calvert, McLean/Rankin), that are more exciting and competitive than the state games we have seen in the past. A mercy rule in the state game is getting tiresome to see year after year.

I hope for good state games. If not I think I listened to what might be the DII real state game in RS vs Calvert. RS had to come from behind in the last minute. That was a good game.

Also caught the end of likely the D1 real state game in Mac vs Rankin. Wish I'd tuned in earlier.

Back