MC

Caprock kid":rzgonu4t said:
ignorance? Sir I was talking about the calaber of teams they play in the playoffs. And more tradition? They had to become D2 to even make the playoffs.

Motley County's Six-Man tradition really isn't a tradition yet. If I remember right they were 11-man up until 2000 or 2001 somewhere in there so to have a state title and another finals appearance in your first 12 or 13 years of play isn't too bad really. OBK might be able to peg the exact year they moved but I know as late as 99 they were still playing teams such as Naz and Vega both 11 man schools at the time.

Something else though it was said they had to go to D2 to make the playoffs I am pretty sure after the split in 2006 they've always been D2 so you really can't say that they had to go to D2 to make the playoffs when they had no choice in the matter as to where they fell in realignment. In all years that they've made the playoffs since 2006 except maybe 2008 they probably could've make the playoffs in D1.

Also, in 2011 they beat several D1 teams (GC, Paducah, McLean). I think they would have made a run in D1 too that year. Maybe not a state title, but they would have been in the playoffs.

I just want to state a few things. Don't really care about all this talk, just going to throw some info in here. In 2010, MC got 45'd by SC and then SC went on to get 45'd by RS in the state game. Also, I saw someone saying something about starters not mattering, well in 2011, MC got a stud transfer, and SC had 2 starters out going into the semis against MC, and then another starter went out early in the first. SC ended up getting 45'd, I believe if they were healthy the whole way they would have beat Motley County by 20+. 2 or 3 players can have a huge impact. Not looking to start anything just giving my opinion and some info.

Your right about one thing ck...injures do make a difference. The 1st time MC and Sc played MC had major injuries to 3 staters and it wouldn't have matter who SC had the following year....MC would have still 45ed them!!!!

THE_CAPTAIN said:
Cap rock kid. That's all you are is a kid. You don't know what you are talking about son. Look at who the Matadors have played in the preseason for the last 6 years. Most of all them teams are in D-1 or have been put in D-1. Once they got into district or the playoffs the are forced to play D-2 teams. I'm sure if they had a choice. Bigham would make them play D-1 teams there too if he had the chance![/quote

Sir you do realize MC went from 1987 to 2005 without making the playoffs (in both 6 and 11 man). Yes granted they had to be D2 and they have had a good run in D2. I'm just saying you don't see West Texas A&M playing D1 football yes they are good in there division but it doesn't mean squat to the teams that have to actually play compation. The thing is in D1 you actually have to play your best football in the playoffs, D2 you can almost cost till game before state. Just look back at MC's playoff wins and who they played and the scores not impressive. You also made the comment that the MC coach would chose D1. I would highly doubt it because his career would of ended along time ago at MC if they were D1.

Don't really want to get into this too much. I know everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but I highly doubt mc would have 45'd a healthy sc squad. I think it woulda been a pretty darn good game if both squads were healthy, with sc coming on top by a couples scores at least, but that's just my opinion. The only games that can be compared between the two is the games against gc. In week 0 mc beat gc in hico, in overtime, and in week 1 sc beat gc by two touchdowns in gc. I'm sure both teams improved a lot before the semis game. Wish they could have both been healthy. Still think sc would have won by a few scores.

Caprock, that receiver and runningback didn't transfer, they graduated. Also, think last year was the only time Paducah and sc have ever played, and sc won it with their best player out in an exciting game 32-27.

I've seen that MC head coach, coach against Groom he has a fire and determination and his players follow and also get that fire and determination. No one really knows how MC would do if they were put in D-1. I'm just saying they play nothing but D-1 teams all the way to district. And only lose to the teams who make deep runs in D-1. I'm sure if the MC head coach coached a D-1 team he would of had the same success he has had there in motley. It's the way MC had been coached for the last 8 years. That has made them the way they are.

Folks, folks, folks. You are comparing apples to oranges. Paducah is a DI school and Motley County is a DII school. If I am Coach Bigham and I think I will have a decent football team, I will schedule the best competition I can find to prepare my team for the playoffs. If I am the Paducah coach, I'm sorry I don't know his name, I do the same thing. There isn't much you can do when the UIL decides where and what district you will be in. UIL did split 6 man so schools of similar size could compete for a state crown. We must agree that Motley County has had good success over the past few years and Paducah has had success on the basketball court. Motley County and Groom are going to have to work hard because the runner up in this district gets Follett in the first round.

I'll say this mc had two great athletes in 07 in Isaiah Archer and Bradley Brown. Those two boys were great at every sport they played. I do believe that year they could of competed in D1 and make a playoff run. But win state probably not because of Rule and RS that year. Now after those two graduated mc wouldn't be the suppose powerhouse they are if they were D1. Another thing is if mc was actually that good they have a choice to decide what division they want to compete in. The uil splits the divisions but the school has the choice heck if they wanted to play 11man they could. But I wonder why they chose to stay d2 ? I wonder if it has to do with almost a 20 year drought of not making a playoff run. Y'all also can say what you want about Paducah but if you look at the overall record of Paducah and mc playing each other I'm sure Paducah has the winning record.

duckbill":1885o9pa said:
Folks, folks, folks. You are comparing apples to oranges. Paducah is a DI school and Motley County is a DII school. If I am Coach Bigham and I think I will have a decent football team, I will schedule the best competition I can find to prepare my team for the playoffs. If I am the Paducah coach, I'm sorry I don't know his name, I do the same thing. There isn't much you can do when the UIL decides where and what district you will be in. UIL did split 6 man so schools of similar size could compete for a state crown. We must agree that Motley County has had good success over the past few years and Paducah has had success on the basketball court. Motley County and Groom are going to have to work hard because the runner up in this district gets Follett in the first round.

Exactly my point you can't tell the UIL where you want to play so saying you can coast in D2 until the state game while having to compete throughout the season in D1 is ridiculous. Kids on every team play week in and week out with one goal to win state whether it's in D1 or D2 is irrelevant it's not up to them where they play they just play.

Saying they play a hard pre-district doesn't mean anything. Once they start district every game is almost a push over till Groom and if by some act of faith they win district it's a easy ride for awhile. Then they stick 1 or 2 more trophies in the old case that they beat some joke of a team that probably shouldn't of even made the playoffs.

Wths you can chose to play in any classification or any division you want. The uil doesn't make you play in any division that's the schools choice. Nazareth played 11man with just 63 kids in high school. It's all up to the school so mc chooses to play d2 so they can win.

You can choose to play 11 man. However, you are not allowed to choose to play in a higher divsion of the same classification.

Mr.Blue Sky":23y570x5 said:
Wths you can chose to play in any classification or any division you want. The uil doesn't make you play in any division that's the schools choice. Nazareth played 11man with just 63 kids in high school. It's all up to the school so mc chooses to play d2 so they can win.

Only if you meet the numbers if you're a div 1 in 6-man you can't choose to play D2

Back