Loraine school song

fajitapete

Six-man fan
Finally it dawns on me, I think I know why Coach Jakson choose Loraine as the place to work, It's their school song, or more accurately the tune. I'm sure it's from the navy hymn.

Do you mean the School Song:
Sing cheers for Loraine High
Echo her name
Sing praises to the sky and
Laud her courage, sing her fame and
Wave high the gold and black
Colors so true
And til the end we'll sing and
Bring our faith and future hopes to you.

or the Fight Song:
On ye Bulldogs, On ye Bulldogs
Fight right through that line
Throw the ball around the field
A Touchdown sure this time
On ye Bulldogs, On ye Bulldogs
Fight'em For Your Fame
Fight Bulldogs, Fight, Fight, Fight
You'll Win This Game

I was there and the song was extremely offensive. I cant beleive a school would knowingly let the cheerleaders blare such foul language over the loudspeakers. I will personally warn the announcers that the song is offensive and we do not want to hear it if we play them again.

I think Loraine needs disciplinary action of some sort held against them for using a song with such offensive language in it. A playoff game halftime show is not the time or place to have such language going out over the loudspeaker. Shame on the cheerleading sponsor and the administration for allowing that to happen.

You know I didnot hear it. I was told about it. The CD that was used was a replacement CD. These young ladies have worked very hard and were embarrased about what happened as well as the sponsor; but you are right. I guess some of you on hear live in glass houses. To answer your question Pete. I thought it was the Notre Dame school song.

No glass houses here, just think it put a black eye on a great effort by the Loraine kids. I thought the kids played a really good ball game, the twirlers, and cheerleaders put on a good halftime show, but was just floored when the song dropped a "b" and "f" word at the end. I just think most of us think someone should have checked it. (cheerleading sponsor)

Good luck in your game this week.

Like I said it was a replacement. I know for a fact because they got my music; that someone got into the sponsors case and broke most of the CDs. These young ladies help with our Mini cheerleaders and have done an amazing job. They include them in all the pep rallies and help out in practice. I agree someone should have checked it. I think it was a great game. The young men at Paint Rock did a heck of a job.

Brother ... I understand what can happen when the wrong music gets into the system.

I remember a night when we had a basketball game ... I used to require that any music played goes through me (and if I couldn't understand the lyrics, they'd have to get me a printed version, because most of my musical selections were hits of the 80s).

Anyway, one night somebody sneaks something onto the CD player. One of the opposing players comes up to me and says, "Sir, is this a Christian School?" (He also was playing for another Christian School). I said, "Yes, certainly."

The kid responds (and this was a great line...) "I don't think Eninem is a Christian artist."

There was a quick change in the CD player. Well, as quickly as I could get there.

PS ... When we were starting football, one of the things I decided was we needed a fight song. Chose "Hail to the Victors" (U of Mich). People asked why I chose that song ... simple. It was short.

PPS ... The Loraine song sounds like it could be to the tune of "On Wisconsin"

I really don't know where it comes from. I know we have music for it and I am thankful for that. For those who are concerned. I have spent most of my morning talking to these young ladies who are still embarrassed. Am I going to beat them? No. The Sponsor spent most of the time crying and she didn't eat her meal. I did since I'm not one to let beef go to waist.

CoachJackson1":2wtxddz8 said:
I really don't know where it comes from. I know we have music for it and I am thankful for that. For those who are concerned. I have spent most of my morning talking to these young ladies who are still embarrassed. Am I going to beat them? No. The Sponsor spent most of the time crying and she didn't eat her meal. I did since I'm not one to let beef go to waist.
Don't worry too much Coach your Mother-in-law is deaf as a post and I am almost that bad. I never heard a thing.

Finally it dawns on me, I think I know why Coach Jakson choose Loraine as the place to work, It's their school song, or more accurately the tune. I'm sure it's from the navy hymn.
Must be a similar tune to the Strawn school song. I usually get hit on the shoulder by the wife or told to hush (it's her alma mater) Instead of "away upon the bleacher's high...." I sing along with the tune, "anchor's away hey hey anchors away....", just loud enough for her to hear. "That's not it", Yes it is, "NO it's not".

The music to the Loraine school song is the same as the Navy fight song. Their fight song is to the tune of On Wisconsin.
I assure you that the ladies that are the cheerleader sponsors would definitely not knowingly allow any offensive language in any of their routines. I wasn't at the game bit I have never heard any offensive language in any routine performed by the Loraine cheerleaders or twirlers in over 32 years. Both the ladies that sponsor the cheerleaders are Christian ladies.
And for those folks with negative comments play this link

Happens to all of us at some point. Well, to most of us except them that Goob calls "rock chunkers"....they're the ones that get good people cut, or reassigned, or fired....

It's not my job to drive the train,
The whistle I can't blow.
It's not my job to say how far
The train's allowed to go.
It's not my job to blow the horn,
Nor even clang the bell.
But let the damn thing jump the track
And see who catches hell.

Back