Independent League - What is it

FenceLeaner

Six-man observer
What is the Independent League Championship and where do I find information on it. (I had someone ask me about it) I never knew such existed until I saw where Priddy beat Ranger in a Semi Final and will be playing for the Championship. Is it just schools on an outlaw schedule or does the school just sign up to play in a tournament?

Usually this is a championship league that goes based on Independent (or outlaw) team's rankings from this site. If I'm not mistaken, the top four teams play (1 vs 2 and 3 vs 4) to determine who is truly the top team. It's usually ran by C.H. Harvey, but as seen in this thread, he's not able to do it this year. I haven't gotten any information about who is doing it this year, what teams are involved, or where the games will be played.

Usually this is a championship league that goes based on Independent (or outlaw) team's rankings from this site. If I'm not mistaken, the top four teams play (1 vs 2 and 3 vs 4) to determine who is truly the top team. It's usually ran by C.H. Harvey, but as seen in this thread, he's not able to do it this year. I haven't gotten any information about who is doing it this year, what teams are involved, or where the games will be played.
Awesome. Thanks. I read that thread but haven’t seen anything else about it for this year.

Evidently Priddy beat Ranger in the Semifinal but I’m not sure who the other teams are.

But since it’s not a UIL sanctioned thing, i guess it’s just put on by someone to give the outlaw schools an opportunity to showcase their talent.

I have a friend (for real) who moved to Ranger not long ago. She has had to listen to me talk about Six-Man Football since 2017 when my Nephew's team (Strawn) won State.

She said a while ago that there are signs about winning a State Championship in front of lots of houses in Ranger and asked if it could be for Football. All I could explain was about their Outlaw schedule.

Anyone know if Ranger won this Independen League Championship last year? Thanks.

I have a friend (for real) who moved to Ranger not long ago. She has had to listen to me talk about Six-Man Football since 2017 when my Nephew's team (Strawn) won State.

She said a while ago that there are signs about winning a State Championship in front of lots of houses in Ranger and asked if it could be for Football. All I could explain was about their Outlaw schedule.

Anyone know if Ranger won this Independen League Championship last year? Thanks.
They did win it last year. Can’t remember who they beat.

Priddy will be playing East Texas Homeschool (ETHS) in the championship. I don't have the details about where or when yet.

Any idea who is putting it on this year, what teams are involved, and how those teams were decided? I wasn't even aware someone had taken it over this year until either last night or this morning.

I don't know much other than I believe the top three teams in the Independent ranks were selected with 2 and 3 playing to see who would play #1 in the championship. It's my understanding that some folks involved with the ETHS program are helping to organize it this year.

Back