Tmoffatt

11-man fan
Wish there could be a super six man playoff after playoffs

Week 1
TCAL champ vs TCAF champ
TAPPS D1 vs TAPPS D2
UIL D1 vs UIL D2

Week 2
UIL BYE (because the UIL champ will be so amazing that they will deserve a week off!)
TCAL/TCAF champ VS TAPPS D1?TAPPS D2 champ

Week 3
PRIVATE SCHOOL CHAMP VS UIL CHAMP FOR THE ULTIMATE 6 MAN CHAMPIONSHIP...THE GAME TO END ALL DISPUTES...THE GAME END ALL RANKING CONTROVERSIES!!! THE GAME TO SILENCE ALL MESSAGE BOARD SPECULATION(remember this is a dream!)

I know this can never happen but a guy who wants to see this season never end can dream, cant he?

Tmoffatt":lk7a93d0 said:
Wish there could be a super six man playoff after playoffs

Week 1
TCAL champ vs TCAF champ
TAPPS D1 vs TAPPS D2
UIL D1 vs UIL D2

Week 2
UIL BYE (because the UIL champ will be so amazing that they will deserve a week off!)
TCAL/TCAF champ VS TAPPS D1?TAPPS D2 champ

Week 3
PRIVATE SCHOOL CHAMP VS UIL CHAMP FOR THE ULTIMATE 6 MAN CHAMPIONSHIP...THE GAME TO END ALL DISPUTES...THE GAME END ALL RANKING CONTROVERSIES!!! THE GAME TO SILENCE ALL MESSAGE BOARD SPECULATION(remember this is a dream!)

I know this can never happen but a guy who wants to see this season never end can dream, cant he?

That would stretch out the season until almost Christmas and make most roundball coaches have a stroke.......

That would be cool. But UIL would never let it happen. I would be happy with an overall six man champ in UIL, and another in Private.

hornkeeper12":2gtikpvc said:
That would be cool. But UIL would never let it happen. I would be happy with an overall six man champ in UIL, and another in Private.
The UIL would let it happen if they thought it would make them enough money.

I've always found it strange that Maryland, Virginia, and Texas are the only 3 states that don't crown overall public/private state champs. When I was choosing a private high school I came very close to going to one right over the border in Pennsylvania, just for the chance to win a real state championship, instead of just winning conference and being voted #1 in the mythical state poll. In Maryland the privates are clearly better most years, because most of them have been around since pre-1900 and have endowments larger than most colleges, along with superior facilities and coaching, and excellent recruiters. There is no "transfer for athletic purposes" rule in MD if you go from public to private, or from private in a different conference to another private. I've been keeping public vs private data for MD since 2009. This was my final data for last year:

Total Record Privates vs. Publics in MD in 2010: 15-1
Total Points For/Points Against: 549-134
Average Score for Public vs. Private School Game in 2010: 34-8 Privates

In Texas and Virginia it is mostly flipped, with a few 7-day boarding schools in VA, who bring in kids from all over the US and even Europe, being exceptions. At least up here, the perception of Texas football is that the publics are far superior. It would be interesting to see how those perceptions play out on the field.

Nine out of ten years, the publics are going to wipe the field with the privates. It really wouldn't even be worth the price of admission to see 2 quarters of a lopsided slaughter.

Drop off from public to private school football in Texas is quite large, despite what what some folks may think. Where else are you going to see a school claiming a victory after losing by 20 points?

rainjacktx":2bc7ahc0 said:
Nine out of ten years, the publics are going to wipe the field with the privates. It really wouldn't even be worth the price of admission to see 2 quarters of a lopsided slaughter.

Drop off from public to private school football in Texas is quite large, despite what what some folks may think. Where else are you going to see a school claiming a victory after losing by 20 points?

Now Rain, need to be a little more direct - being obscure does not help our position here....

Back