How to dispose of old Football Hemlets

SWRaider

Six-man fan
I have football helmets that are expired and I need to dispose of. What is the best way to do that, I dont know if I just put them in the trash, or if I need to do more.

Save them! Take out the pads/guts out so they can't be used and then logo them up. Great for give aways, have the kids sign them for raffels, use them for awards, principals/Supts office. People and businesses are always asking for a helmet, like they are free.

Dogface2":2t1gxc8j said:
Actually,
Make sure you
Give one to Cowboy.
Jus sayin.
If you do give one to Cowboy, make sure you provide explicit instructions......... like “ The face mask portion faces forward”.........

51eleven":39osqsrs said:
Target practice with Tannerite inside them? Make it a fund raiser, sell tickets for a shot.
th_beerchug.gif

A number of years ago, when Riddell used to do their reconditioning in San Antonio, the rep there told me that they had all sorts of problems with rejected (old, damaged) helmets coming back to them. People would actually take them out of the dumpsters and they'd get them back for reconditioning again.

They started to cut a larger ear hole, but the helmets still got taken out of the dumpsters.

So, they started to cut them in half. Problem solved.

Whatever you do (making them as give-aways to boosters is a great idea), just be sure they are no longer usable as football helmets. Remember, the most expensive part of the football helmet is the liability insurance!

Back