Hornkeepers Rankings

football jersey":313z9bw8 said:
Need to flip Abilene and Boerne , Abilene lost the big running back for the year.
Castle needs to be adjusted they are still very low, well below teams they beat, do you not make adjustments to the formula based on who beats who?
No, I don't. If boerne is better than Abilene, it will show in future games, therefore in future rankings.

I noticed you had both Blanket and Mullin ranked slightly ahead of RS. Interesting. I think both teams have a shot at beating RS, I'm just not sure that both can do it in the same year. Could depend a lot on where the games are played.

What about castle hills they beat Fredericksburg but are still rank below them and beat OLH who beat Seguin and Seguin has 2 losses compared to Castle Hills being undefeated ? So this shows a mistake in the begining why don't you make adjustments as needed. Based on preseason info they started too low and still seem to be there?

I don't make adjustments. That would defeat my entire basis that adjusting based on opinion is unnecessarry. The numbers WILL take care of themselves. Some may take longer than others but they will get there. Assuming that they are still as good as they have been.

I started my rankings 3 years ago when, as a Newbie, I was complaining about the rankings and was told that if I didn't like it, make my own. So I did. My point was that I could derive a simple calculation and let the calculation determine rankings based on the actual scores of games. It doesn't look at strength of schedule, it doesn't care what you did more than a week ago. It looks at the last game and makes an adjustment based on that.

The reason for the simplicity is this. Yes, team X may have beat team J in week 3 by 17, but team X had an injury which makes them not as good as they used to be. So even though X beat J in week 3, can they beat them again in week 7 with little Johnny Allstar sitting on the sideline with his ear in a cast? According to their past 2 weeks.... It don't look like it. So the simple fact is this. Teams get better, teams get worse, and this happens week to week. Injuries, move ins, move outs, coaches trying something new, and a big one, report cards after week 6 and 12, teams learn as they go and get better, then some kid moves to Alabama with his uncle, so now they are worse, so you put the sophomore in there and after a couple weeks, turns out he is better than the kid that moved. This stuff happens every single day. I wish I were smart enough to have a formula for it, but I went with the one that is realistic.

My respect for the Guru, Mr. Grainger Huntress has grown exponentially because of me doing this. Now I understand why he is the Guru. Why his formula (whatever it is) is second to none.

I was going to not do it anymore, and then I got an overwhelming response asking that I continue, so I will. But I will NOT be changing my formula or making adjustments. Even when I know as well as you do that SA Castle Hills is rated too low.

Finally got this weeks rankings done. I waited for those final 2 scores in and did them once, instead of doing them twice.

www.hornkeeper12.sixmanfootball.com

smiley-signs153.gif

football jersey":z91eg4s6 said:
Move Castle hills up and you will see improvement in your percentage of accuracy !
I had castle hills winning by 45 last week and they did. So it wouldn't have changed anything.

I think HK has done a good job with his rankings!

I think rankings can be helpful to get an indication of a teams strength.

I know rankings can be disproved on any given Friday night.

I know that teams of lesser rank will beat teams of higher rank.

That's why I love to watch this game and why the game is played on the field and not in the rankings.

Good luck to all those teams currently offended by the rankings...go out there and show them why they are wrong!

Castle Hills 43 dog to Fredricksburg, didnt they already play? And you have Castle hills under Seguin, bet they beat Seguin by 18. Your rankings seem to be going the wrong way?
Also I saw Bracken under Logos and they already played also? So even when you beat someone they can still be ranked higher?
No need to answer I already know the answer!

Back