High Island

CowboyP

Six-man expert
High Island has asked for help. Due to the flooding, the treatment plant that supplies their water is down so they have no water. The plant can't be repaired until the flood waters recede. It could be 3-6 weeks before service is restored. They have a community well that will work for toilets and showers, but it isn't drinkable and will supply less than half of what they need. Shad and I will be taking stuff to them Sunday. Donations can be taken to Shad and CJ Kline in Gordon by midnight Friday, by 8:00pm at Hico on Saturday, Sixmania at Jayton between Thursday evening and 10:00pm Saturday, and Abbott high school by 10:00am Sunday. We can also use donations for fuel to take the stuff to them.
PM me or call (254) 659-7340 If you have any questions.
They have requested these items.

Water
Hand-wipes
Paper plates and cups
Plastic utensils
Paper towels
Germ X
Disinfectant cleaners

Coach Jones has plans for us to gather things up tomorrow night during our Blanket game and bring them over on Saturday

When I went to the Ingleside-Aransas Pass area last Sunday I had to use drivetexas.org to find roads open and accessible and ended up using a round about way to get there. It looks like the main road to High Island is still closed. If you need any temporary storage, assistance or boats, I just got my landing craft/rescue boat back from the sheriffs department and it's is available if necessary.
Let me know if we can help.
979-203-6765

Rule is playing in Jayton on Saturday. Does anyone know where the drop off will be? I am picking up supplies tomorrow.

FCSA football":1xymunoq said:
When I went to the Ingleside-Aransas Pass area last Sunday I had to use drivetexas.org to find roads open and accessible and ended up using a round about way to get there. It looks like the main road to High Island is still closed. If you need any temporary storage, assistance or boats, I just got my landing craft/rescue boat back from the sheriffs department and it's is available if necessary.
Let me know if we can help.
979-203-6765

There is no roundabout way into H.I. If 124 from the North over the Intracoastal waterway is closed they're screwed. Only other way by vehicle is through Houston and Galveston then the ferry to Bolivar peninsula and Hwy 87. Getting through Houston might still be a problem. Is the ferry operational again yet? 87 sprays over the road at high tide on a normal day (the surf hits concrete road barriers along the South/beach shoulder). Check for washouts.
Do these people have food?
One of those Coast Guard (Thank You) or Navy choppers might be needed to transport supplies if they are truly isolated.

Back