Help Wanted!

HP Drifter":356d5my8 said:
tex, you go to school there? I know a guy who coached there after that.

no my uncle did and from what I hear he was pretty good... so I was hoping to track films to show his grandson and my son who are the same age and play sixman together now

What about the Midland Reporter Telegram. They seem to cover Garden City pretty good. MAybe they have some info on those all-star games.

Leman Saunders":a4kg1hbd said:
had to believe but the san angelo paper had nothing on the all-star games that were played in garden city.

The Substandard Times has become a really lousy paper.

It's beginning to look like that no All-State team was selected for the 1973 season. There is no mention in O'Brein and Gustine yearbooks (1974) of all-state honors but they did list all-district honors for players. But I have a few more trees to shake still.

I did search for the 8 man all state team in 1974 and got some hits. I know back then they played both the 6 man and 8 man all star games the same day. In 1974 it was in Brownwood. I also remember that being selected all-state also meant you were on the all-star team too.

The Spur paper on May 9, 1975 had an article about Bruce Porter of Patton Springs being chosen.

The Harper Herald on May 16, 1975 had an article about the 8 man all-state team.

201606290846494317.png

I searched the Brownwood Bulletin on July 20, 1975 and got the following article.
201606290903012724.png

Looks like the game was played that year.

Back