Head Job

They Call Me Coach":kyefvx34 said:
What is the most intriguing head football job still open?
In my opinion, Gorman.

Gorman is usually loaded with athletes. Consistently fares well in track. First year in 6-man, so you get to set up and mold the program from scratch. You get a year to "practice" with the outlaw schedule before getting put in a district.

I'm not a coach, but if I were, this is the one that I would be going after.

Shad Kline":a69ssc93 said:
They Call Me Coach":a69ssc93 said:
In my opinion, Gorman.

Gorman is usually loaded with athletes. Consistently fares well in track. First year in 6-man, so you get to set up and mold the program from scratch. You get a year to "practice" with the outlaw schedule before getting put in a district.

I think there is a lot of validity to that statement. Gorman is a very intriguing job, especially when you get to start from scratch with athletes.

coachbronk":2ectfkkz said:
Shad Kline":2ectfkkz said:
They Call Me Coach":2ectfkkz said:
In my opinion, Gorman.

I think there is a lot of validity to that statement. Gorman is a very intriguing job, especially when you get to start from scratch with athletes.
Gorman's been around long enough to be pretty picky. It might take several guys.

For an old boy out here in the cedar break, these riddles don't mean anything.

What happened to Mallory? Did he take a better paying job? Go back to singing? Find better talent somewhere?

They Call Me Coach":oh8p5jae said:
coachbronk":oh8p5jae said:
Throckmorton just came open, so that becomes the best head football opening.

I don't think you realize what Throckmorton is going to have left especially if Mallory''s kid is gone.

We at Wichita Christian played Throckmorton in JH last year and defeated them 32-6 with a running clock. Their kids were as skilled as always, but there was only a couple of kids that were in 7th or 8th grade...it was mostly 6th graders. So, they do have a small hole about to come thru.

Is there a forum where it shows what coaching jobs are open and which have been filled? Texasfootball.com has one but it only shows three sixman schools. I know for sure there are more than that, that have changed.

Throckmorton Junior High A team went undefeated for the year last year...Wichita Christian played Throckmorton Junior High B team. Just clearing that up

statsman":1rpyy7w2 said:
Throckmorton Junior High A team went undefeated for the year last year...Wichita Christian played Throckmorton Junior High B team. Just clearing that up

That might be true but Mallory's son was on the a team and now he will not be there.

Back