Head Job

I'm good friends with several people from Calvert. Love Facebook. FB friends with Coach Grimes Auntie and Cousin. First, Calvert has hired a new AD. Second, I was told that Coach Grimes will not be Coaching any time soon. Community would Love to have him back, but he's heavily involved with his Church and has plans on becoming a Minister. His Daughter who also was the Commencement Speaker at CHS Graduation recently graduated from SHSU Nursing Program are working together. Calvert ISD will find out in the next couple of weeks if they will still have a Athletic Program. Chances of loosing there programs the town biggest concern.

I knew that Calvert had backed out of the Zephyr shootout, I didn't know they were talking about cutting programs.

They are not talking about cutting programs. The UIL had placed them on probation, and another violation has been found. They are awaiting the UIL's ruling.

MLP1108":1hnmhs5k said:
..........Calvert ISD will find out in the next couple of weeks if they will still have a Athletic Program. Chances of loosing there programs the town biggest concern.
I realize this forum is about football but if that is the towns biggest concern they better reexamine their priorities. .............

According to the Bryan paper they were dinged in April. I'm not sure when the other ding was. I hope they get it straightened out. I'd hate for Buckholts or even Praire Lea to make the playoffs on those terms. Its better to get drilled and said you gave it your best.

I need to pay closer attention in the off season. Did not know Coach Mallory left Throck. If he's getting out of coaching again I'd bet he would be welcome in his hometown for Coletyn's Sr. year. Then again Strawn has a Head Basketball opening/asst. FB and I remember him saying once how much he loves BB (ha, ha, not!). Luck to Shane wherever he lands.
If Wortham was terminated and Calvert's on probation would it be a WAG to speculate those two things are related? What's Calvert on probation for? Willing to comment further CP?

MLP1108":3i1c6nw9 said:
I'm good friends with several people from Calvert. Love Facebook. FB friends with Coach Grimes Auntie and Cousin. First, Calvert has hired a new AD. Second, I was told that Coach Grimes will not be Coaching any time soon. Community would Love to have him back, but he's heavily involved with his Church and has plans on becoming a Minister. His Daughter who also was the Commencement Speaker at CHS Graduation recently graduated from SHSU Nursing Program are working together. Calvert ISD will find out in the next couple of weeks if they will still have a Athletic Program. Chances of loosing there programs the town biggest concern.

Coach Grimes is a class act. I have great respect for him and his family. Calvert has some really good long term teachers, like Cotton, Trotter, and Babers, among others.
Most problems at Calvert can be traced to the administration and the mostly white school board who do not have the schools best interest at heart, but run on the platform to spend as little money as possible on the school. Almost all the white kids go to Mumford. You cant have those that make the decisions having no stake in the school. This is something out of old segregated south and needs to be changed. So you have the whites in town that don't want their kids going to school with blacks controlling the school board. It is just not right. The kids at Calvert are good kids and deserve better.

Back