Gordon vs Strawn

SixFan19

11-man fan
Predictions on Strawn At Gordon?
Strawn Leads the Series 32-31-3
Gordon Has Won 4 of the Last 5 Meetings (6 of the last 10)
Strawn Has Not Won in Gordon Since 2006

Gordon (5-1) #32 Overall
46-26 Newcastle (3-3) #43 Overall
36-70 Crowell (5-1) #9 Overall
66-54 Iredell (3-3) #49 Overall
64-12 Forestburg (2-4) #123 Overall
68-46 NCTA (3-3) #78 Overall
62-42 Aspermont (1-5) #66 Overall
Average Opponent Rank: 61.5

Strawn (6-0) #22 Overall
60-14 Blum (3-3) #67 Overall
62-14 Forestburg (2-4) #123 Overall
54-37 THESA (5-1) #24 Overall
48-36 Union Hill (5-1) #42 Overall
65-0 Abilene Christian (2-3) #189 Overall
46-22 Blanket (4-2) #69 Overall
Average Opponent Rank: 85.7

Predictions? Not on this one. Other than Strawn by 45+ as I used to be from "That" end of the tracks.
Gordon has always served a pretty decent grilled Longhorn burger. I hope they still do, I'll be hungry when I get there.
I can't remember from the last game they hosted, do they still do the shotgun raffle at half time?
Not that I need another one, seems it was for a good cause.
Rah Rah rhee, kick em' in the knee. Rah Rah rass...

The shotgun raffle was always at the last home game, sometimes that would be the Strawn game. Those have been discontinued as far as I know.

SixFan19":196jelig said:
The shotgun raffle was always at the last home game, sometimes that would be the Strawn game. Those have been discontinued as far as I know.

Ah, probably not politically correct anymore.

51eleven":1lwbz46u said:
SixFan19":1lwbz46u said:

They should double down and raffle off a shotgun AND an AR-15, you know, that evil black assault rifle???

51eleven":231qnq2l said:
SixFan19":231qnq2l said:

Are you kidding? I think it will be a long time before that is a problem in the Gordon/Strawn area. The reason is that the organization that did the raffle is currently dormant.

There could be a little slipping and sliding at this one. No hard rain 30 miles south but decent off and on the last few hours with a little more on the radar. It's supposed to be gone by early afternoon. With a high in the low 60's it might finally really feel like fall football weather. Decisions, decisions. A long sleeve shirt or light jacket?

Both....... we are in Ruidoso & I forgot to bring a jacket...... better to have and not need it......40 degrees here this morning. Looks like a Walmart run for me......

smokeyjoe53":3opbqzcq said:
Both....... we are in Ruidoso & I forgot to bring a jacket...... better to have and not need it......40 degrees here this morning. Looks like a Walmart run for me......

iPhone said it was 39 this morning in Randall County, with a wind chill of 31. We need a freeze. I'm going through a gallon of windshield fluid per week.

smokeyjoe53":d0cvco4c said:

I did the same thing going to Arkansas in late spring about 5-6 years ago. They were talking about snow in the northern part of the state and temps down in the 30's. The walmart in Hot Springs had a clearance rack of winter clothes. I got a lined, hooded wind breaker for 5 bucks.
Still have it, in pretty good shape. The stitching in one arm pit started coming loose. Just enough of a hole to work a piece of duct tape in and press the fabric onto it. That was a couple of years ago.

Back