Game of the Century?

1989 Regional game Rule v Jayton tied at 50 and went to 3rd tie breaker (penalties and penetrations were both tied and first downs was the final tie breaker the best I remember) to decide who moved on. Jayton did and ended up falling at state to Ft Hancock. I think at the time it was estimated to be the largest crowd for a sixman game. I know it was standing room only around the stadium in Stamford Tx

Last edited:
Westbrook and May was a good game. The best game “I” have seen since I started watching six man in 2011 was the 2018 game at Bryson between White Deer and Union Hill on a Saturday afternoon. The game was hard clean hitting from the opening whistle to the last whistle. It was close the full game. Poor Bryson had Home Coming the following weekend and the field looked like a bunch of wild hogs had been turned loose on it. Rumor is they are still trying to get the field back in shape. I was later talking to the White Hat that worked that game and he said it was the best game he had ever worked.

Here's a Playlist of games that would make the cut from last century and this one
Number 2 on your outstanding compilation has to be my personal favorite, Strawn-Richland Springs 2003 state semifinal. 1st and goal from the 1, 20-30 seconds left. Baker up the middle, stopped, line back up, same play, stopped again. Line back up, spike the ball - out of time outs, 2-3 seconds left. 4th and goal from the one. Parsons up the middle, stopped (but not down), steps right and dives for the goal line. Nose of the ball over the line. Pandemonium, Hounds, and new coach Lee headed to state for the first time ever.

I think I remember seeing the score at the time, maybe some comments on here. But thinking, man what a shootout that had to be regarding number 29, Throckmorton 102 over May 100, 2008. What I don't remember hearing or reading about is, Five Overtimes? In near 30 years now of watching sixman I don't recall ever seeing an OT game. What are the rules in sixman? Surely not another 10 minute quarter per? Each team gets a chance 1st and 15 from the 20-30-40? I'll watch this later but is there a write up or game summary of this one somewhere?

@51eleven while this isnt game of the century or even the best game of 1999 it is for sure a great game that I just got the film of and thought you might like

1999 Strawn 43 Richland Springs 42
- Down 9 Strawn scores late in the 4th facing a 4th and goal from the 15 on a pass play the receive appears to fumble in the endzone and recover right before it goes out of bounds (52:20 mark), makes the PAT kick to get within 1 point with 3:13 left.
-Then gets a safety on RS's first play of the possession later to go ahead by 1
-Strawn then fumbles the free kick on the return to give RS the ball back and then holds them to 4 and out and then runs the cock out to win

Back