Where is the Hall of fame for six man

The Six man Hall of Fame is located inside BJ's Pizza and Bar at 2600 South Mingus Blvd in, you guessed it, Mingus, Texas in the heart of six man football country. There are several volunteer experts that rotate through the Hall of Fame which is located at the pool table on the north side of the building. Some of those experts are on loan from such esteemed towns of Gordon and Strawn. A few lost experts show up at unpredictable times to maintain a sense of balance for all things sixman. Occasionally someone from Carbon, Olden, Putnam or Novice will put in a guest appearance too. You might need to call ahead for reservations and please come sober. Ask for Stinker Lynn if you have any questions. Vote for Charlie Gray as the all-time fastest six man football player. Later.

The Six man Hall of Fame is located inside BJ's Pizza and Bar at 2600 South Mingus Blvd in, you guessed it, Mingus, Texas in the heart of six man football country. There are several volunteer experts that rotate through the Hall of Fame which is located at the pool table on the north side of the building. Some of those experts are on loan from such esteemed towns of Gordon and Strawn. A few lost experts show up at unpredictable times to maintain a sense of balance for all things sixman. Occasionally someone from Carbon, Olden, Putnam or Novice will put in a guest appearance too. You might need to call ahead for reservations and please come sober. Ask for Stinker Lynn if you have any questions. Vote for Charlie Gray as the all-time fastest six man football player. Later.
I've not been there since Stinker's wife sold BJ's. There was a conversation on the site years ago about a HOF. Between Strawn-Gordon I think the area, along I-20 might be a good site. Kind of central in the state/sixman. For the moment 8 SC's between them, the history of the rivalry. Others replied about further west, Abilene or even further.
A physical repository of 6m memorabilia and records would be cool, helmet's, jerseys, stories would be way cool. In a place where people might stop and look in. A centralized field for rivalry, playoff games. The dream has been discussed before.

A new field, while a legitimate dream is unrealistic. That would be a major investment. Strawn and Gordon's fields are both great for games in the area. A repository of memorabilia and records might not be inconceivable.
Across I-20 from the Smokestack restaurant, down the Hill from the New York Hill, up the road from BJ 's Pizza and Mary's in Strawn is the WK Gordon Historical Center. A part of Tarleton State University.

https://www.tarleton.edu/gordoncenter/

Many sixman players, Coaches, cheerleaders, students have attended it. E.G. Jerry Burkart, Shane Mallory, many others. With the support of the sixman community this might not be impossible. I met Dr. Baker once, the founder of the Museum, now retired, after a presentation. If Guru was behind it, funds could be raised.

I can appreciate y'alls biased love for the Strawn-Gordon area. After all, Mary's is close, but don't you think O'Brien (first Six Man State Champions) would be a more fitting place for such a historic site.

I can appreciate y'alls biased love for the Strawn-Gordon area. After all, Mary's is close, but don't you think O'Brien (first Six Man State Champions) would be a more fitting place for such a historic site.
Problem with the O'Brien location is that you need to be lost to find it. If the deer hunting is good and inexpensive in that area I would vote for it.

Knox City-O'Brien Consolidated Independent School District is a public school district based in Knox City Texas. In addition to Knox City, the district also serves the city of O'Brien. Located in southwestern Knox County, a portion of the district lies in northwestern Haskell County.

I love the hills, valleys, trees, views, river (Brazos) of the Palo Pinto "mountains".
But I think Sweetwater might be a better place. It's not a sixman town but it's connected, geographically and transportation wise. Big enough to accommodate but not a big city.
Right on I-20, just before 84 - Lubbock, the panhandle, Abilene to the east for those who want more. Not too far West for those more accustomed to jills and trees. Most of the traditional sixman teams are from West Texas. Within about 75 miles are Roscoe, Trent, Roby, Hermilegh, Rotan, Westbrook, Lorraine, Blackwell, Robert Lee, Luders-Avoca, Jayton, Aspermont, Garden City, O'Donnell , Klondike, Sterling City, Water Valley, and Rankin. Former home of the Devil Dentist (all dentists are devils).
I don't fully agree with this song, but it seems appropriate.

Knox City-O'Brien Consolidated Independent School District is a public school district based in Knox City Texas. In addition to Knox City, the district also serves the city of O'Brien. Located in southwestern Knox County, a portion of the district lies in northwestern Haskell County.
Knox City O'Brien the school district that has both an 11 man state championship and a sixman state championship.

Back