Elephant in the room

Klaactu

Six-man fan
What I meant to say is Richland Springs in the playoffs. No one is talking about them, good or bad. Well, I've gone to all their playoff games, driving hundreds of miles to do so. I've seen speed and determination at very high level. I am not positive they will win state, but one thing for sure, every one of those players will be trying their hardest.

Flying under the radar. Except for that one post a month or two ago about a stud putting up big numbers, 500 yards or so 7-8 td's? That and the fluke, that opening loss. They have apparently recovered well between talent, experience, tradition and coaching. No one should under estimate them.
Unusual though. In bygone years someone was always beating their drum. Though I imagine the horn does still blow.

What I meant to say is Richland Springs in the playoffs. No one is talking about them, good or bad. Well, I've gone to all their playoff games, driving hundreds of miles to do so. I've seen speed and determination at very high level. I am not positive they will win state, but one thing for sure, every one of those players will be trying their hardest.

I have had the pleasure of watching every game Richland Springs has played this year. Very exciting and entertaining to watch. Their defense steadily and remarkedly improved throughout the season. During their last 4 games, they only gave up 8 points (against Sidney during 1st round playoff game.). With their explosive offense and the players' confidence and enthusiasm ever increasing, they are going to be very hard to defeat.

Last edited:
I was really looking forward to a Quarter Final game between Cherokee and Richland Springs this week. A real San Saba County Showdown! The Indians always play their best game when they face the Coyotes. But it isn’t going to happen. I’ve never seen Cherokee play as sloppy as the game with Oakwood. The Indians weren’t the Indians last Friday.

I have had the pleasure of watching every game Richland Springs has played this year. Very exciting and entertaining to watch. Their defense steadily and remarkedly improved throughout the season. During their last 4 games, they only gave up 8 points (against Sidney during 1st round playoff game.). With their explosive offense and the players' confidence and enthusiasm ever increasing, they are going to be very hard to defeat.
The average rank of their last 4 opponents is #171. So it’s no like they’ve been playing top ranked teams. Not to say that they aren’t a really good team, but you can’t judge them by their last 4 games.

Flying under the radar. Except for that one post a month or two ago about a stud putting up big numbers, 500 yards or so 7-8 td's? That and the fluke, that opening loss. They have apparently recovered well between talent, experience, tradition and coaching. No one should under estimate them.
Unusual though. In bygone years someone was always beating their drum. Though I imagine the horn does still blow.
Why is it a fluke when Richland Springs loses a game? Balmorhea beat RS handily in the championship game and I hope no one called that a fluke. Same goes for RS game with Marble Falls Faith. A real scheduling mistake on the coach's part? RS could have been playing May in that first game of the year but Burkhart dropped that tough nut to crack a few years back. The better team won those games that particular day. Why not mention how good Balmorhea and Marble Falls Faith played. Give those teams some respect too.

ELEPHANT IN THE ROOM, but what I meant to say is "Richland Springs in the playoffs. " Exactly how does a typo, error, oversight such as this happen. LMAO fellow!

Why is it a fluke when Richland Springs loses a game? Balmorhea beat RS handily in the championship game and I hope no one called that a fluke. Same goes for RS game with Marble Falls Faith. A real scheduling mistake on the coach's part? RS could have been playing May in that first game of the year but Burkhart dropped that tough nut to crack a few years back. The better team won those games that particular day. Why not mention how good Balmorhea and Marble Falls Faith played. Give those teams some respect too.
I would love to see Richland springs get added to Westbrook pre season, I know that would be fun to watch.

I have a prior obligation. Listening to the Strawn Gordon rematch at that time. Depending on the outcomes we might have a different discussion next week.

I’d say more like an aging bear that people still like to poke. They had better be worrying about Oakwood after the thumping they put on Cherokee. I see the Indians played RS extremely close in district. Could it be Oakwood the elephant and RS the mouse.?…Or do the Oaks drain the springs…It very well could be a better listen then a repeat of the other game.

Seems to be a good bit of donkeys eating there. Finally remembered to catch up on the texas Six. Also RS came through in the end but it sure seemed to be a close game until half. Had to open the flood gates I guess. Maybe Strawn has better boats with longhorn oars. Thought it odd RS oakwood was the only game without a broadcast. Oakwood seemed to be doing what they came to do.

Well speaking of elephants. We would need water for the elephants (listen closely!). They could have the game in Eastland, up the street from Ringling Road. If we want to get into music, history and elephants. But Double N Again would be much more logical.

On the way home (close to Mabank) tonight after the Richland Springs vs Oakwood game at Hico, I was on LBJ heading towards 175 East. After a few miles, a red Dodge Charger flew by me probably doing 95 or higher. As I watched his tail-lights weaving through the traffic on down the road, it came to me that that is how the Richland Springs running backs must have looked like to Oakwood tonight. On the very first play from scrimmage after the kickoff, RS shot a rocket (Bryant) right up the middle straight to the end zone. I think most of Richland's possessions tonight were one or two plays. When Oakwood made mistakes such as two late hits out of bounds, they paid the price. Oakwood seemed to use just one offensive weapon (number 9), and he played much of the game with a possible broken arm. In the end, Richland had too much fire-power and they made very few mistakes. Next week, here we come!

They could just skip wasteland and goto Abilene they have a Zoo. Do they have elephants.?. Zoo before game across the street. Shotwell is never a bad choice.

On the way home (close to Mabank) tonight after the Richland Springs vs Oakwood game at Hico, I was on LBJ heading towards 175 East. After a few miles, a red Dodge Charger flew by me probably doing 95 or higher. As I watched his tail-lights weaving through the traffic on down the road, it came to me that that is how the Richland Springs running backs must have looked like to Oakwood tonight. On the very first play from scrimmage after the kickoff, RS shot a rocket (Bryant) right up the middle straight to the end zone. I think most of Richland's possessions tonight were one or two plays. When Oakwood made mistakes such as two late hits out of bounds, they paid the price. Oakwood seemed to use just one offensive weapon (number 9), and he played much of the game with a possible broken arm. In the end, Richland had too much fire-power and they made very few mistakes. Next week, here we come!
Are coyotes anything like werewolves?

Back