District Standings & Playoff Picture

And how fitting is Pioneer's as their mascot with all the new players exploring and settling in a new country and area in North Central Texas every year.
You can find anyone that can run, score a lot of points, and put on a show but tackling is what will get you the championship trophy.

@NDNight, If I'm right with the quick glance I took- a north team hasn't won the state championship since 2009..
and since 2002, there have been 14 state champs from the south in D2/3

Again a quick glance, but that's what it looked like

Sam Cheat Cover 2":1peb8g1b said:
And how fitting is Pioneer's as their mascot with all the new players exploring and settling in a new country and area in North Central Texas every year.
You can find anyone that can run, score a lot of points, and put on a show but tackling is what will get you the championship trophy.

Don't matter if you can put up 100 points if the other team puts up 101....
Defense wins championships.

I'd love it if my boys could buck that trend and bring a title back home. Going to be tough sledding for sure. I'd settle for getting back to the big dance. That was a special moment in Bastrop last year for all our school community. Anyone in the north is Going to have to get past a solid NCTA team first.

Haven't heard a lot of hype about Grandbury this year. I guess they are flying under the radar. I saw them play against WFND this year. I think their #8 this year is better than that bruiser they had at RB last year. Maybe not stat wise but I feel like he makes them a better overall team and not so one dimensional.

BTW what ever happened to that RB from last year? Did he end up graduating from NCTA? Is he playing college somewhere?

I don't know if it's the same kid, but I googled his name and it looks like there's a kid with the same name who's playing for a team in Canada that plays high school teams here in the states.

Anyone have some scores from tonight?
Here's the scores I know:
WLO 45'd temple
Baytown 45'd lake Jax
Seguin 45'd nbca
Freddy 45'd SBLR
Bracken 45'd Victoria
SMHC I think 45'd cedar park summit

Any scores from the north?

EDIT: checking max preps now as well for scores
Longview Xn Heritage 50, Longview trinity 24

Thanks for checking scores. I'm in Wisconsin with my ill sister (prayers, please) and didn't have much time to check them.

For anyone who is interested, TAPPS has released brackets, but I definitely see at least one major error. It wouldn't surprise me to see them re-issue corrected brackets later on.

0770840e-74ec-4bdc-853a-a8682fb01a67_zpsykcqr87g.jpg

32cf158c-10f0-420b-bca3-23bd07bb320c_zps3wdeywew.jpg

The south looks like a battle- the Freddy vs Baytown should be a semifinal game and the winner should play Lifegate for the final but as it turns out. It's a quarter final game. It should be great game. Freddy appears to be peaking at the right time. Seguin will have a easy route to the semis first living rock which Freddy dominated and then Orange but will be rewarded with the winner of the Freddy Baytown game. I think it's Lifegates year but feel their toughest matchup will be Baytown

I know I know !!! Never bet against Freddy!!!!

freeagent":rq7mwft9 said:
thejumper5":rq7mwft9 said:
Cougar1414":rq7mwft9 said:
Can you please put the link in the thread

Click this link, click on 6Man football, then click II or III. The big mistake I'm seeing is I'm 99% sure SM Hill Country should be in thr D2 bracket and Victoria Faith should be out.

http://tournaments.tappster.com/

Bracket now shows SMHC in Vic Faith spot.

I bet bulverde is thrillled about that mess up! Lol
Victoria faith or the hill country Rams? Hmmmmm...

WFfootballfan":25dgb1ah said:
Last year a Wichita Falls team shocked Granbury in the semis...could Wichita Christian do the same in the first round this year?

Highly unlikely.... NCTA's pretty quick and I see wichita getting 45ed

Back