District Standings & Playoff Picture

NDknight04

11-man fan
The Notre Dame Knights defeated Wichita Christian 106-60 last night to claim the District 1 title. Looks like that will give us a first-round bye and then the winner of the 2nd place teams from Districts 2 & 3.

How's every one else's playoff pictures shaping up?

NDknight04":tnseikys said:
Seguin seems like they'd be a tough out for anyone. Are they the favorite in the south?

Haven't been too much up-to-date on D2 south teams this year. But from a quick look, the Lifegate - NBCA game should be a key contest; on paper, Lifegate should have the edge but as I say, games are played on the field and not on paper.

Baytown Christian also looks pretty solid and I never am counting out Fredericksburg Heritage. If Waco Live Oak comes through the south, there's another team to watch.

Not sure how these team fall in the D2/D3 enrollment breakout. I'm pretty sure Lifegate and Heritage are in the D3 bracket, I think NBCA, Live Oak, and maybe Baytown are in the D2 bracket.

So if a smaller team wins against a big school team in their district, but then loses to a small school team in their district- how would that seat them for playoffs? Does the win against the big school team even matter? (same goes for the big schools beating the small schools, and then losing to a big school).TAPPS has made this way more difficult than it needs to be..

shortround":2frpr2iy said:
So if a smaller team wins against a big school team in their district, but then loses to a small school team in their district- how would that seat them for playoffs? Does the win against the big school team even matter? (same goes for the big schools beating the small schools, and then losing to a big school).TAPPS has made this way more difficult than it needs to be..

Big team small team in district play does not matter. Basically last place is out and whoever is the larger 2 schools left no matter what place they are in the district, those 2 schools go to d2. The 2 smaller schools go d3. Seguin, Baytown, Spring Branch, and Freddy will be the teams battling in d3 and it should be a very competitive Playoff. Live Oak will be in D2.

I think it will be a battle between Seguin and Baytown for the South. Just my opinion. Not sure how the north is shaping up just yet.

I think Live Oak and San Marcos will be the matchup in DII

Using the published methodology, current standings, and projected scores for this weekend, I put together the following projected brackets.

Division%202_zpsahmdwc4c.png

Division%203_zpsvvhiqvr6.png

Nice bracket.
Few things I have in question would be in D3.
Wouldn't the d3-2 rep be Dallas Tyler Street?
Also D5-1 would be Freddy instead of Bulverde Living Rock.
They just swap places.
D2 bracket looks fairly simple and correct.

THEQB":eq6rrthn said:
Nice bracket.
Few things I have in question would be in D3.
Wouldn't the d3-2 rep be Dallas Tyler Street?
Also D5-1 would be Freddy instead of Bulverde Living Rock.
They just swap places.
D2 bracket looks fairly simple and correct.

You're right. It should be Tyler Street instead of Wichita Christian.

Regarding Fredericksburg Heritage vs. Bulverde LR, that will be determined by this weekend's game between the two. I regard that as a toss up right now. According to the rankings here, Heritage would be a 13-point favorite on a neutral field, but with the game at LR, I'm not sure how much weight to give to home field advantage in sixman. I could see that game going either way, and the final bracket will reflect that.

SWRaider":3gcxk7px said:
I like the bracket.
Waco Live Oak with a cake walk to the Championship game!

Definitely a cake walk...
Look at the bottom part of that bracket. It's loaded with some solid teams!

Tyler St. should be at the top of the DIII bracket, correct. The question is where does Wichita Christian go as the 2nd place District 1 representative?

If we're going by the TAPPS breakdown posted earlier in the season, a district's 1st and 2nd place finishers are not to meet until the State semis. With Notre Dame being the District 1 1st place team, would that mean WC has to be placed into the bracket with NCTA and Longview Trinity? Which two of those three teams would play in the first round? Who would get the bye?

The brackets on the tapps website and the one posted above are wrong at least in Div 3 there is a place missing. Its 3 or 4 days till the playoffs start and tapps cant even get the brackets out. It is really unbelievable. They don't even know what teams are going where they calling around flipping coins and stuff to decide who will be div2 and div3. What a joke. People at normal places would be fired for this performance.

Bottom half of the bottom bracket (D3) is stacked. Freddy, Seguin and Baytown all together. Top portion pretty much has Granbury with a couple of potentials. Top Bracket (D2) is interesting.

Mr Jones":1zyg4rwi said:
Bottom half of the bottom bracket (D3) is stacked. Freddy, Seguin and Baytown all together. Top portion pretty much has Granbury with a couple of potentials. Top Bracket (D2) is interesting.
You don't think ND being in D3 doesn't shake up he bracket just a little? They have some studs at running back and can gas teams with their depth. I watched them against WF Christian and it was a close game for a little but ND just had too much fire power for the Stars to handle and I don't think their record does them justice. They had a tough pre-season schedule with Crowell, Bryson, and a good Lucas Christian team. I would say they should make some noise.

JustFootball45":6h788j2p said:
Mr Jones":6h788j2p said:
You don't think ND being in D3 doesn't shake up he bracket just a little? They have some studs at running back and can gas teams with their depth. I watched them against WF Christian and it was a close game for a little but ND just had too much fire power for the Stars to handle and I don't think their record does them justice. They had a tough pre-season schedule with Crowell, Bryson, and a good Lucas Christian team. I would say they should make some noise.

I think they may make a little noise on their top half of the bracket.

I'd love to see an ND - NCTA rematch in the semis. Has the makings of another program defining playoff matchup. On a neutral field, anything could happen.

That being said, whoever comes out of the north will sure have their work cut out for them. That south bracket looks like the group of death.

Back