Congratulations RS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chaka is too small?!?! šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚
I saw him in the semifinals against RS last year. Heā€™s a man-child. Hopefully he develops that arm. If he does heā€™ll be impossible to stop.
Chaka passing was pretty good in the finals too. Everything he threw up his receivers caught and took to the house. On the other hand Motley County chased him down in the backfield easily when the blocking didn't exist. He does have some juke and wiggle to go with his speed but his speed is not exceptional and neither is his size. We all look faster when everyone gets blocked. He is a man child in sixman unless he plays a quality team like Smoking for Jesus. They punished him at Strawn this past season. He sat out the next game against Fort Worth Covenant. This season should be interesting with the different team and how much a load he has to carry. Witnessed how those star players get worn out over the course of the season carrying a heavier load. Happened to Taron Smith from Milford and Big Ben from McLean.

I donā€™t know who any of you are, but take it from another guy everyone said was too small after I won state my freshman year. Heā€™s going to be another Sixman great despite his size.

Hereā€™s more sound wisdom: belittling the guy will only motivate him to want to completely embarrass every team he plays against.

It always did for me. I would get on here and read all the hate against me and use it as fuel to my fire.

Something tells me you donā€™t want to add more fuel to his fire lol.

Chaka is the best 6 man player in the state and I agree that he will be motivated, but RS just paid approximately $350,000 for this year's football coaching staff (80k each for Ethridge/Hayes/Rogers plus 110k for Burkhart). I predict Benjamin will lose to RS at state. It's hard for one man-child to beat a collection of all stars.

https://www.openthebooks.com/texas/#School District
Some of the info is old and I probably overshot Burkhart's salary. The Aquilla coach is North of 100k so I figured Jerry would be too. For the other coaches you have to look at the salary from their old school and then assume they got a bump for bringing their sons. Johnny South, I assume you think I'm Rigdon but not every account on here is his.

https://www.openthebooks.com/texas/#School District
Some of the info is old and I probably overshot Burkhart's salary. The Aquilla coach is North of 100k so I figured Jerry would be too. For the other coaches you have to look at the salary from their old school and then assume they got a bump for bringing their sons. Johnny South, I assume you think I'm Rigdon but not every account on here is his.
So what your saying is nothing you said was factual.?

Are you not familiar with the term "approximate"? I bet I'm within 50k of the actual amount. Lets say on the low end the assistants are 75k and Jerry is 80k. That's still over $300,000. I sent you the link, do the math yourself.

Are you not familiar with the term "approximate"? I bet I'm within 50k of the actual amount. Lets say on the low end the assistants are 75k and Jerry is 80k. That's still over $300,000. I sent you the link, do the math yourself.
Approximates and assumptions are still not factual. Sure I get what you mean. I donā€™t think it really matters I bet none of them will see a down.

Harley has said to people here that he got pretty much what we were paying him so that is over 70k. As for Hayes I guarantee he is making the same or more. So maybe Rogers took a giant pay cut to get a couple weapons for his offense?? I doubt it so there is another 70+. Safe to say 300k is accurate. Letā€™s not forget that they have a Well paid Ladies coach and her assistant as well. Canā€™t be all of the county that is is rolling in the athletic money either, Cherokee staff is not even close to that amount.

Most people donā€™t realize the coaching edge factor in big games.

I promise you Rule was better than us nearly every year we played them. We just had better coaching. This isnā€™t a knock on Reed. I love him!

That Aspermont team we played my freshman year was clearly a better team talent wise. It was our coaching staff that beat them. Honestly it was defense that won us that first state title in 2004.

Coaching got us beat my sophomore year, even though Throck was 3X better than us.

Thatā€™s what disgruntled people on here donā€™t realize about RS. They always beat you because of coaching, not just the athletes.

Some of the best teams in the state have terrible coaching. And thatā€™s why they get beat by a less superior team with exceptional coaching.

It will be very difficult to beat RS this year due to that fact.

Most people donā€™t realize the coaching edge factor in big games.

I promise you Rule was better than us nearly every year we played them. We just had better coaching. This isnā€™t a knock on Reed. I love him!

That Aspermont team we played my freshman year was clearly a better team talent wise. It was our coaching staff that beat them. Honestly it was defense that won us that first state title in 2004.

Coaching got us beat my sophomore year, even though Throck was 3X better than us.

Thatā€™s what disgruntled people on here donā€™t realize about RS. They always beat you because of coaching, not just the athletes.

Some of the best teams in the state have terrible coaching. And thatā€™s why they get beat by a less superior team with exceptional coaching.

It will be very difficult to beat RS this year due to that fact.
So other schools should find a way to pay 300k+ a year plus housing to win just football games?

Iā€™m not sure if Borden County, Bal, Westbrook, Strawn, Gordon, and every other administration who consistently wins pay that much.

And what exactly is the problem if a school does pay that much? If itā€™s done legallyā€¦.

Why do people in the six man community have such peanut sized vision for the sport?

I think thereā€™s a world of potential to actually grow its popularity and influence.

In a typical year it wouldn't cost that much, but when Harley joined forces with Rigdon it put RS in a tough spot. They saw the writing on the wall and decided to neutralize the opposition with cold hard cash. I'm honestly surprised Harley even picked up the phone after the way RS treated his family. But hey, money talks. The free/subsidized housing also has to be factored into this. Few schools in the state would be willing to devote such a large percentage of their resources into a 3 month long football season. Like the SEC slogan says, "It just means more."

I have a serious question in all of this.

Where does the funding come from for these tiny independent school districts come from?

I mean how do schools like a Dell City, Valentine, etc... afford to pay teachers salaries? Let alone keep the doors open?

I have a serious question in all of this.

Where does the funding come from for these tiny independent school districts come from?

I mean how do schools like a Dell City, Valentine, etc... afford to pay teachers salaries? Let alone keep the doors open?
I know with some schools they really on the wind turbine companies paying to be on the land. The schools out may have a similar solution and gets paid for the mineral rights but thatā€™s speculation on my part.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back