CHEROKEE. VS LORAINE

I think all the other teams that were playing around San Angelo moved their playoff games to tomorrow besides Cherokee and Loraine. If this weather delay persists will they pick up tomorrow?

That weather was bad tonight, and that was the worst football field I have seen in ages. Cherokee has a good team no doubt, but if we played again on a dry field I think Loraine would have scored 50 points on them. I never seen so many fumbles from the Bulldogs. Six Loraine fumbles in the first half alone. I could barely see across the field at times with the rain pouring down and lightning strikes.
Cherokee may have had the fastest team we seen this year and they will light you up if given the chance.
Thankfully the rain eased up in the 4th Quarter a little and the Bulldogs scored 3 unanswered Touchdowns to put the game away. Neither team ever got a 2 point conversion during the game.

That weather was bad tonight, and that was the worst football field I have seen in ages. Cherokee has a good team no doubt, but if we played again on a dry field I think Loraine would have scored 50 points on them. I never seen so many fumbles from the Bulldogs. Six Loraine fumbles in the first half alone. I could barely see across the field at times with the rain pouring down and lightning strikes.
Cherokee may have had the fastest team we seen this year and they will light you up if given the chance.
Thankfully the rain eased up in the 4th Quarter a little and the Bulldogs scored 3 unanswered Touchdowns to put the game away. Neither team ever got a 2 point conversion during the game.
Definitely the worst football field to play in in weather like that. It got sloppy real fast.

Last edited:
They can't
I believe Loraine would win this game 10/10 regardless of field type or weather. I will say that no one can say for sure how many points either team would score on a dry field. It would surely have been more than they did in that quagmire. For those suggesting the game should have been moved, this was proposed on multiple occasions to Coach White. He steadfastly refused. One could only assume that he thought the sloppy conditions favored Cherokee.

Last edited:
Back