Cherokee Indians---- wth?!

Yamregit

11-man fan
What the hell is going on with the Cherokee Indians and the "Bear"????!!!!
> (0-4) on the season
> Been 45'ed every game
> Offensive only averaging 13 points per game
> Defense giving up an average of 72 points per game

Did the school board get confused and think they were hiring "Bear" Bryant, instead of this other fellow?!!

I know that this year one of the most popular subjects on this board has been "Foster Kids". Cherokee & Foster Kids go hand in hand!
There has been some GREAT foster kids over the years come out of Cherokee and there are probably GREAT foster kids over there today!
So what's the problem here ........................., Cherokee should be kicking everyone's BUTT!!!!!
Good talented home grown kids + good talented Cherokee Children's Home kids..... SHOULD = (4-0)!!!

Yamregit":1iqf77x5 said:
What the hell is going on with the Cherokee Indians and the "Bear"????!!!!
> (0-4) on the season
> Been 45'ed every game
> Offensive only averaging 13 points per game
> Defense giving up an average of 72 points per game

Did the school board get confused and think they were hiring "Bear" Bryant, instead of this other fellow?!!

I know that this year one of the most popular subjects on this board has been "Foster Kids". Cherokee & Foster Kids go hand in hand!
There has been some GREAT foster kids over the years come out of Cherokee and there are probably GREAT foster kids over there today!
So what's the problem here ........................., Cherokee should be kicking everyone's BUTT!!!!!
Good talented home grown kids + good talented Cherokee Children's Home kids..... SHOULD = (4-0)!!!

If you feel you can do any better, hell by all means! Go through an education program, become certified and work your way up to a head coach position. Who the hell are you to judge what this man does?

Coach Bear keep doing what you're doing sir. Keep your head high and continue to work those kids to become successful.

New coach and pretty much a new team; takes time. My cousin was on the team last year and graduated. I was warned me this was might happen. Don't jump ship! Bear is doing everything in his power to right the ship, but it's not done over night. Last year, you were 1-3 at this time and only have two seniors on the team this year. You've lost to three undefeated teams and the other was Richland Springs. Far too early to give up on the team and/or the coach. It's not good news though, with Zephyr on the schedule this week, but as long as the kids are fighting until the final whistle blows; sometimes the better team wins. It's not fun; but reality.

Who says you have to "Go through an education program and become certified." Stay on topic here.

I know!
Cherokee has GOOD kids around town & GOOD kids at the home!

Sancho Panzee, if you are a Cherokee alumni, you should be embarrassed.

Yamregit":10uzdaer said:
Who says you have to "Go through an education program and become certified." Stay on topic here.

I know!

Sancho Panzee, if you are a Cherokee alumni, you should be embarrassed.

Because the best coaches are always the ones outside the fences. You have nothing to lose if you're wrong. It takes a quality individual to stand out there on the sidelines and get questioned by people who don't watch film, spend hours in practice, game plan and then watch your players give everything they have - just to lose. It's humbling enough to know you and the players did everything possible, but it still wasn't enough. the last thing you need is a "fan" tear down the program by personally attacking the coach. No one wins that way. Have some class. Wait until the end of the season to have a full body of work to pass judgment on. Because no one ever goes back at the end of the season, when the team turns it around and makes the playoffs; and apologizes. All we hear is, "It old you so" or "Should have been doing that all season."

Please don't misunderstand what I'm saying. I love parents who are passionate about their kids. It's much better than the alternative. I'm a foster parent, so I see the kids who don't have the support. All I'm saying, is what example are we setting as parents, that when things go bad, we always have to point the finger. Go to practices. See what's going on when game planning. I got yelled at by a parent on Friday night for taking their son out in a crucial part of the game. They had no clue the kid asked to come out because he was not only winded; but got kicked in the scrotum and thought he was going to pass out. More to coaching than X's and O's. Just saying.

Yamregit said:

I know!

Sancho Panzee, if you are a Cherokee alumni, you should be embarrassed.[/quote

Tiger May,

Last time I checked you have to go through some kind of education or alternative cert program to teach in a public school. If I'm wrong then all well.

I am not a Cherokee alumnus but if you are, you sir should be the one ashamed. Bashing your own coach instead of giving him praise.

Every program will go through rebuilding. I'm sure as a Cherokee fan you think y'all should be undefeated and by all means, that's your opinion. Support your team, don't bash em.

Yamregit? or whatever you are called, I believe there are somewhere in the neighborhood of 266 teams, and only 1 Mike Reed, 1 Jerry Burkhart, 1 Harley Ethridge, etc. and 1 Roddy Maddox, ( and I will bet that he was asked if he would consider coming back) so the new coaches have to start somewhere. They may not all start out at the top, but that doesn't mean they will not eventually get there.

I know that Cherokee has a lot of good kids and maybe they will get it together sooner or later. I hope so.

Again, proof that the best place to coach (and officiate) any football game is about row 8 of the stands.

From that vantage point, everything is clear and perfect.

And hey, it's how you FINISH the season (district) that depends where you go in the playoffs. This wouldn't be the first time someone left a program with a "loaded" schedule against tough teams for his successor to deal with.

Correct me, but didn't the children's home in Cherokee start getting more young, young kids years ago? I can vouch for some of the kids they had in the past, but think that pipeline closed a good while ago. Could be wrong, as I am reminded often.

Yamregit":12pp9h9w said:
Horses??
Injuries??

My turn. Let me try this.

COACHING!

Ok, how did I do?

Here we go again, another Bleacher Butt coach. Several years back our coach had what was called Coach of the Week, you got to stand on the sidelines with the real coaches and you were allowed to call 3 or 4 plays during the game, plus you could call a defensive formation at times. Well needless to say Yamidjit, you could here the other Bleacher Butt Coaches screaming at you. As Granger says Drop It.....

Yamregit?, I did not quite finish my reply to your posts about coaching in general. Most who are in the business are genuine in my opinion. Coach Bear is one of the good ones. But, as in all things, there are exceptions. The bottomfeeders are always around. I actually witnessed one last Friday night, but they will eventually be weeded out. You don't see many of them still coaching at middle age.

Bear is a great coach and knows as much about the six man game as any coach out there. He is passionate about the game and if you give him time, Cherokee will be fine.

Keep Lookin' Up Bear...

Adam Kirby

As a comrade in the trenches it hurts to see people on this board bad mouth coaches like this. Sancho is right if you do better then get a degree and certification, then get an interview and land the job. Go through all the hours you are away from your family and then respond to this. If there was such amazing horses there why did last years coach leave. Keep up the work Bear. You can't reach all the ignorance in the world.

Yamregit sounds like the normal loser that probably wishes he was still playing. Probably also the person who thinks he was better than he truly was. Poor guy, I feel sorry you yamregit.

It's ok to voice opinions and give suggestions but calling out a coach like that from behind your computer screen is the cowardly way of going about it. I recommend you just relax and let the men willing to put their time and effort that coaching takes alone. Could you imagine someone watching you do your job and being able to criticize your every move and calling you out when you do something bad.

I don't know much about Cherokee or if they are underachieving. It's just sad seeing people like yamregit on this site. Good luck coach at Cherokee and hang in there. My family will be praying for you and wishing you nothing but the best.

Back