Cash worthless?

Klaactu

Six-man fan
I know this is not sports, but it will affect every person in Texas.
I was checking out at a Walmart today in Canton. A person ahead of me had the exact bills and change, but was told Walmart did not take cash anymore. Fellow coaches and educators: is this going on where you live? Has it happened in other stores? I heard a few days ago stores were running out of change, but this "no cash transactions" has got me worried. What do you know?

Well I’m not a coach or an educator but I have stayed at Holiday Inn Express......... from what I’ve read about this cashless movement is two fold:
1. The snowflakes are afraid of the dreaded virus being spread by having to touch our nasty cash and coin

2. Most of the younger cashiers cannot make change

smokeyjoe53":18sxngu1 said:
Well I’m not a coach or an educator but I have stayed at Holiday Inn Express......... from what I’ve read about this cashless movement is two fold:
1. The snowflakes are afraid of the dreaded virus being spread by having to touch our nasty cash and coin

2. Most of the younger cashiers cannot make change

Bwahahahah point #2 is so funny because it's true!! Smokey, you are on today! :) :)

Maybe because someone out there wants to know everything we buy? Heck, Facebook already knows how to put up ads for stuff we google or search for in websites. It’s not coincidence.

For any of you concerned about the COVID-19 virus being on your cash, coins, or other easily negotiable financial documents, I will most graciously offer to take these items off your hands for safe and sanitary disposal.

Minimum amount $10,000 for No charge. Negotiable fee for smaller amount, payable in cash.

Just PM me.

You're welcome.

I made the same offer to a guy who was expounding on that very subject last week.

He refused to take me up on it......

a) I will move this to non-football in a second
b) many companies have switched to non-cash for the safety of employees AND to protect the business from employees
c) exactly what was said before... they want to know and track your purchasing
c) I am still unsure how this is legal, as cash is supposed to be true legal tender, but this is the way it is heading.
d) as a former match teacher, I want to strangle those who cannot make change. More and more often, I have to give the cashier money back because they are screw it up. which takes me back to...
e) see (b)

The COVID excuse is not real. It is something companies have wanted to do more and more because of (b) and (c) and it gave them the opportunity to hide it

I worked in the finance/banking business for a very long time. In the early 80's the Govt. was talking and promoting a "cashless society". At the time the technology was not there to support the concept. Thirty to forty years later the technology has arrived.
I know of a financial institution that serves 100,000+ accounts and at one time none of their offices had cash that a teller had access to. If you wanted cash you had to go to one of their ATM machines. And this was 20 years ago.
And the computer search thing. If you look for something online, you will be getting adds for that and other things like it for a while. It is getting real scary just how much info certain people and companies have on each of us. Not sure all these "advances" we are making are all that good.

I guess I should have been serious in my first response but that takes thought and I gave that up several years ago..........
However, ask yourselves this: just what backs our cash or money?
Also it costs to manufacture cash and coin so basically we, the taxpayers, spend money to manufacture something that is fictional. Makes perfect sense, right?
“ I’m from the government and I’m here to help.”

OBK: I got some Canadian currency that I'd like to invest in your plan.... though last time I checked $1US was worth about $10,000,000CAD cause our currency has the power of Monopoly money!! lololol :)

smokeyjoe53":nhx1a12t said:
I guess I should have been serious in my first response but that takes thought and I gave that up several years ago..........
Also it costs to manufacture cash and coin so basically we, the taxpayers, spend money to manufacture something that is fictional. Makes perfect sense, right?
Well hold on to some those goats and cows, we might be eating them when everything implodes. I heard cash was going away permanently as a way to control the masses even further. So hard currency would be anything of true value, like food, gas, electricity, clothes. Barter system?

Texlonghorn75":3f03jkcl said:
smokeyjoe53":3f03jkcl said:
Well hold on to some those goats and cows, we might be eating them when everything implodes. I heard cash was going away permanently as a way to control the masses even further. So hard currency would be anything of true value, like food, gas, electricity, clothes. Barter system?

How about rocks????...........I have plenty of rocks...... beau coup rocks.......... rocks on top of rocks, every kind of rock except the kind you can sell for cash....... wait a minute........

topher800":3a4vh515 said:
OBK: I got some Canadian currency that I'd like to invest in your plan.... though last time I checked $1US was worth about $10,000,000CAD cause our currency has the power of Monopoly money!! lololol :)

Ours ain't much better......
After all this "stimulus" spending, we'll probably be needing wheelbarrows to haul around cash.

inflation wise no. its not going to be worth much this time next year. seems counter intuitive but should invest even if investment is better than inflation you have won.

Back