Can someone explain what the heck happened in the Calvert-BC

Little Doc":1v5apjus said:
Smokey Joe, you are going to make me have nighmares tonight remembering those days of hay hauling in the summer. Bearkat, I haven't heard Bob James name in a long, long time. Did he become a salesman from Athletic Supply back in the early 70's. I think he called on us around the Brownwood area when I was in college. Bringing back old memories.

He had been a salesman for a couple of years before he came to GC in 1971, then he left in Spring 1973. The next thing I heard about him he was the head coach at Strawn in the mid to late 70's.

Old Bearkat":3kwzc6k1 said:
Little Doc":3kwzc6k1 said:
Smokey Joe, you are going to make me have nighmares tonight remembering those days of hay hauling in the summer. Bearkat, I haven't heard Bob James name in a long, long time. Did he become a salesman from Athletic Supply back in the early 70's. I think he called on us around the Brownwood area when I was in college. Bringing back old memories.

He had been a salesman for a couple of years before he came to GC in 1971, then he left in Spring 1973. The next thing I heard about him he was the head coach at Strawn in the mid to late 70's.

LSF shows he was at Strawn from 73-76. Coach Campbell of Gordon took over at Strawn in 77.
Caught my interest because this means he was HC when my brother-in-law was a freshman and sophomore. I'll have to ask him if he did a lot of running those years.

51eleven":2xd0c5ik said:
Old Bearkat":2xd0c5ik said:
Little Doc":2xd0c5ik said:

LSF shows he was at Strawn from 73-76. Coach Campbell of Gordon took over at Strawn in 77.
Caught my interest because this means he was HC when my brother-in-law was a freshman and sophomore. I'll have to ask him if he did a lot of running those years.

Coach James had an interesting way of taking a dip too. He'd stick his tongue flat on an open can of Cope, then scrape it off between his lip and gum with his teeth......

If a stranger read all these posts, he would immidiately think there is something in the water in TX., Borden CO. lost, end of conversation. Injuries, putting subs in, weather, what other factors matter, you LOST. Regroup , and come back. It's not that big of a deal.... Why the West makes such a big deal of all the small losses...... !!!!!

RogueEconomist":daq2sthy said:
Back 40 years ago in 11 man we started every practice running 2 miles which took less than 15 min to increase endurance in big games. Being a little tired better showed weaknesses that could be worked on. This wasn't the only kind of conditioning that we did by far, but an important part. I played both ways and never ran out of gas. BC simply ran out of gas, they were more skilled overall than Calvert and should have won. It is true Calvert has no XC program, but their kids will go play a couple of hours of full court BB after practice, they did not run out of gas. Six man requires endurance more so than 11 man. I see a good number of 6M games that are lost due to poor endurance conditioning. How can running a couple of miles at the start of practice be a bad thing ?

"Being a little tired better showed weaknesses that could be worked on."
Like your two mile run is too slow so let's do another two miles?

Or maybe that long run revealed a failure to tweak the fine-tuning the offense requires.

:) Just funning ya you rogue you. :)

Back