Can someone explain what the heck happened in the Calvert-BC

It was an example of a good ole trade secret. But it wouldn't have had the same result had it not been for BCs injuries.
Play that game again three more times in a month and the outcome is more like 68 - 22, Borden County.

I was at the game and BC had superior team in almost every area, but they were in poor condition for the long haul. You could see them slowing down as the game progressed. I doubt that they have a XC program or this wouldn’t of happened. If they had run three miles before practice once a week, they would have 45ed Calvert, which they almost did before running out of gas. In a tough game that goes the distance conditioning matters.

sat outside fighting off mosquitoes standing on one leg to keep enough bummed wifi to listen to the game. After about the middle of the 2nd quarter i gave up due to the elements and the score that was way in BC's favor and stopped my feed.

It was eating on me that i didnt know the outcome so i got in the car and searched for a signal to reconnect with. Boy was i shocked!! Middle of third and Calvert is tightening up. From then on i was floored....... 4th quarter was all Calvert!!!

My guestion is who was injured to start the game and who left the game injured? I only heard the Richey name mentioned 3 or 4 times the whole game. Isnt one of the Coaches sons the starting QB?? If so that is huge in the outcome of this game.

Everyone heathly and BC likely ends this one at the half cementing my commenting on BC being loaded and hangry this year!

My hats off to Calvert! They weathered the storm of the first half and gutted it out to get the W!!

Its a good thing i dont gamble as i would be bankrupt in short order!!

WildcatClassOf89":1tggawz4 said:
sat outside fighting off mosquitoes standing on one leg to keep enough bummed wifi to listen to the game. After about the middle of the 2nd quarter i gave up due to the elements and the score that was way in BC's favor and stopped my feed.

It was eating on me that i didnt know the outcome so i got in the car and searched for a signal to reconnect with. Boy was i shocked!! Middle of third and Calvert is tightening up. From then on i was floored....... 4th quarter was all Calvert!!!

My guestion is who was injured to start the game and who left the game injured? I only heard the Richey name mentioned 3 or 4 times the whole game. Isnt one of the Coaches sons the starting QB?? If so that is huge in the outcome of this game.

Everyone heathly and BC likely ends this one at the half cementing my commenting on BC being loaded and hangry this year!

As stated on another thread I left at the end of the first with BC up 24-6. BC was hittting blocks and not missing tackles. They were rushing three at times. I had read about both teams having outstanding spread backs. I didn't know anything about injuries. I was not aware Head Coach Richey had another son playing?Both teams were FAST. I'm guessing the Calvert kid named Grimes is related to the former HC?

My hats off to Calvert! They weathered the storm of the first half and gutted it out to get the W!!

Its a good thing i dont gamble as i would be bankrupt in short order!!

I went too far with my opinion and hurt some feelings unintentionally.
My apologies for laying out the smoke.

Dang I'm glad I didn't go to the RS sheep shearing workshop.
Oh crap! did it again.

BE":3sbdg82p said:
I went too far with my opinion and hurt some feelings unintentionally.
My apologies for laying out the smoke.

Dang I'm glad I didn't go to the RS sheep shearing workshop.
Oh crap! did it again.

BE, What the heck have you been drinkin' ?

I just got back home where I could look at the program to answer my own question. Yes, BC does have (another) Richey on the roster, JR Trace, a RB/LB. The main names I remember in the quarter I saw were Cobin Summers and Hunter Jones. The latter was wearing # 74(?) but listed in the program as 22, there was no 22 on the field and it threw me for a bit when the announcer called his name. I don't remember Richey's name being called in the 1st Q. I probably just missed it but think I would remember as I know his dad has run a successful program several years. I still never heard if someone was injured and not playing or went out injured during the game. Regarding conditioning I read an article I think, maybe a post a few years back, that might still be buried in the bowels of this website about BC running up a local "Mountain" for distance conditioning. There are no real mountains in that part of Texas even though Gail is closer to Guadalupe Peak than a lot of Texas is. But there are some decent hills in spots. E.G. along the Caprock. Running, I believe it was 2-3 miles UP any hills anywhere in Texas in the summer is pretty tough conditioning, if they still do it.

CowboyP":k5i4mylt said:
Hunter Jones has been wearing 74 in honor of an uncle that recently passed away.
Howdy Mr Orange Mohawk. Long time no see. Maybe. Were you at this game? I thought I saw you on the sideline once but wasn't sure.

51eleven":2ulvjhn3 said:
CowboyP":2ulvjhn3 said:
Hunter Jones has been wearing 74 in honor of an uncle that recently passed away.
Howdy Mr Orange Mohawk. Long time no see. Maybe. Were you at this game? I thought I saw you on the sideline once but wasn't sure.
How can u not b sure that's Cowboy on the sidelines? Jus sayin.

Johnny South":2w0l8y3o said:
Or did you get ahold of some more of those funny cigarettes?

I haven't touched one of those wacky tobaccy doobies since 1979. And since I'm not running for any public office, you can trust me when I say I did not inhale. I was too scared because my girlfriend, Robbie Evans, told me it could make me too friendly with my feminine side. Wasn't sure her meaning, but I was too luv-struck to argue.
Looking back now I realize it was just puppy luv.

On a serious note, I agree with the opinions expressed...Calvert lost lots of good, experienced seniors from last year, but has reconstituted with some dangerous talent, including a six foot four inch jumping jack. And they have replaced the last three outstanding coaches with another, apparently.

But let me say one thing--Jaquan Thompson is the best SpreadBack to come along in almost ten years. In fact, Quan is as talented at that position as Tyler Earl was from 2004 - 2007, Denim Reeves in 2010 - 2011, and Mitchell Parsley 2012 - 2014.

He is faster than Tyler and a better passer than Denim. His ability to find the open player is equal with Parsley. Right now all he lacks is a bonafide killer instinct, which he MUST develop in the next nine or ten weeks.
And if Calvert develops tactical UpBack play, they will be even better. If they do not.... ):

RogueEconomist":28yb7ka5 said:
I was at the game and BC had superior team in almost every area, but they were in poor condition for the long haul. You could see them slowing down as the game progressed. I doubt that they have a XC program or this wouldn’t of happened. If they had run three miles before practice once a week, they would have 45ed Calvert, which they almost did before running out of gas. In a tough game that goes the distance conditioning matters.

Back