Can Milford beat the tough RS squad??

This is after the fact. I knew in my heart there was no way RS could beat Jonesboro. WRONG. After seeing Milford in WEEK TWO I believed they were the upcoming new State Champions even though I have ranked Richland Springs number one all year long out of respect for what they have done in the past. I explained to Milford people that if they could get to Richland Springs and if they could beat Richland Springs they would be number one. Of course that was impossible in my mind because because I knew that the Coyotes would never get by Jonesboro. See I was WRONG ON BOTH COUNTS. BTW, I thought Gordon would beat Richland Springs before. WRONG AGAIN.

Out of RESPECT for the mighty Coyotes, I will not pick them to win against Strawn. I know all Coyote Nation will rejoice everywhere. Strawn by 30!!!!!! If you believe that, ask Coach Burkhart or Coach Shawn Rogers, or Goob, or John Read, or Chance Bush what I said to them AFTER the Milford game. Granger will not let me say it here.

Don Hardin
Abilene

About the RS / Milford game, Milford was the best that I have seen running the cutbacks. With that super speed and agility, they were fantastic with those type of plays.

On the other hand, Bush was the best that I have seen in stopping that speed and quickness.

Milford also used their size, strength, speed, and agility well on defense. The RS offense was just too versatile.

That was a great game played by very good teams. Congratulations Coyotes!

PS ( By the way Don, I think what you are really trying to figure out is, how in the heck can RS, with only 11 or 12 players, play with the big boys with unlimited talent? The answer is, give Burkhart and Rogers 6 warm bodies, and they will make a game out of it with any team you pick.)

Back