Milford vs Coolidge

MilfordInsider":8s79hc71 said:
There’s no way to stop Ta’Ron... you can only hope to contain him. He’s such a threat throwing and running you literally have to pick your poison. There isn’t a throw on the field he can’t make and he’s a 2x State track meet qualifier so if you give him an inch of day light he’s gone!
There’s so much talent on this team. Ta’Ron is the best player in state, Corbin is the best defensive players in the state, Ricky is 6’3 225 and can do everything on the field , Damyan is 6’1 and the best receiver in the game right now, and I can just keeping naming players. GOODLUCK to anyone trying to compete with Milford. The road to state starts now for these boys. This is team is too deep with talent and they love the big games. These boys have all played Richland twice GC twice Jonesboro twice and Strawn twice, that’s 8 top 5 games in the last two years. These boys are battle tested, can’t wait for Friday night and can’t wait for the playoffs!!!!

To say that your young fellers are the best in the state and then see them lose to a DII school raises my eyebrows just a little. I havent seen them play, but if they were ALL that good, they would be destroying everyone in their path. I havent heard anyone else clearly say that there is a better spread back in the state so maybe Ta Ron is all that! But to declare the best defenders and receivers is a stretch. The best receiver Ive seen was from Union Hill. It may have just been one game, but he made two catches that were absolutely amazing. The kind of catches that are made on Saturday afternoons!!! There is also a young man from McLean that is an excellent receiver and I would say some of the best hands Ive ever seen but you dont hear much of or from him because McLean doesn't have to throw the ball much. McLean can however throw the football and their game with White Deer might have been worse without a couple of dropped passes. Now on the speed aspect. Ive seen others explain this several times but track speed does not always convert to football speed. There are so many players with great football speed that do not have track speed. And there are track fast kids that dont have football speed. Ive said all this not to knock on your boys or their ability and I am sure they are great young men with tons of talent, but to come on here and declare they are the greatest is a stretch.

I’m not from Milford but have broadcast a few of their games. Milford has the best offensive player and defensive player that I’ve seen in quite a while with Smith and Schrotke. That said I haven’t seen all the teams in the state. It’s pretty exciting this past few years how many schools are fielding very competitive teams. Last I don’t think it’s gonna matter one bit what division you are in the next few years. Both have teams just as stout as the next.

One more thing. Coolidge is a good team. They brought that game back close a few minutes before half. That’s when the onside bug really started biting. Never seen so many onsides be a factor in one game. Prob my highlight of the year when the big boy from Coolidge picks up the ball after it comes off a Milford kid and returns that sucker for a touchdown. He had two kids catch him but that guy had too much momentum to stop. I was screaming on the radio like a toddler. Fun fun time. We had a cool crew up in the box. Lots of fun and good food. Thanks to Dr Lowry and Coolidge bunch.

Yep, Milford onside kicked the ball. It didn’t go the full 15 yards so Milford kind of left it alone and started walking away from it. The coolidge kid made a smart play and picked up the ball and rumbled all the way to the endzone.

I saw Milford and Calvert. Smith and Schrotke are still good. I believe both have lost a step or two in speed from last year. Looks like each one has gained several pounds since last year.

Back