Milford vs Coolidge

There’s no way to stop Ta’Ron... you can only hope to contain him. He’s such a threat throwing and running you literally have to pick your poison. There isn’t a throw on the field he can’t make and he’s a 2x State track meet qualifier so if you give him an inch of day light he’s gone!
There’s so much talent on this team. Ta’Ron is the best player in state, Corbin is the best defensive players in the state, Ricky is 6’3 225 and can do everything on the field , Damyan is 6’1 and the best receiver in the game right now, and I can just keeping naming players. GOODLUCK to anyone trying to compete with Milford. The road to state starts now for these boys. This is team is too deep with talent and they love the big games. These boys have all played Richland twice GC twice Jonesboro twice and Strawn twice, that’s 8 top 5 games in the last two years. These boys are battle tested, can’t wait for Friday night and can’t wait for the playoffs!!!!

I’m not taking anything away from the Milford boys, but I do believe 2 of the Coolidge boys beat Ta’Ron in a couple of track meets last year and their defense is pretty good. Agreed Coolidge doesn’t have the big game experience, but acting like Coolidge doesn’t have any athletes is ridiculous. I’m sure Coolidge knows they are in for a fight.

Milfordinsider I love your team spirit and loyalty and I agree yall are a great team. You did lose to Strawn who has now been beat by two d1 schools. I know matchups are different and paper don't matter but if you can't beat Strawn then how would you beat GC or Mclean?? As I see them the front runners for the west.

He clearly stated that both teams matchup evenly.. I dont know if you have been to any of the Milford v Coolidge games in the past couple of years but they have all been close!

Well I have talked to Ta'Ron and he said "he likes how everyone is doubting them and for everyone that's doubting them to tune in Friday night and watch them put on a show!"

How many times have these coolidge boys ran in Austin? I’m not denying that these boys are good athletes. I seen all of these boys play basketball in Milford’s summer league this summer.

To be clear milford very well could have won that Strawn game. Milford has beaten GC two years in a row in back to back classics. And from everything I’ve heard McLean couldn’t stop strawns spread so how in the world can they stop the best spread offense in the state?

Mclean couldn't stop strawns spread?? Milford Gave up 60 against Strawn and Mclean held them to a 4 year season low 18 points. So yes milford couldn't stop strawns spread. Mclean whipped our butt as well but to make a statement that Mclean couldn't stop strawns spread is laughable. That being said those teams have to get there first and I do think milford beats Coolidge by 20

tdog5344":187jmszi said:
Mclean couldn't stop strawns spread?? Milford Gave up 60 against Strawn and Mclean held them to a 4 year season low 18 points. So yes milford couldn't stop strawns spread. Mclean whipped our butt as well but to make a statement that Mclean couldn't stop strawns spread is laughable. That being said those teams have to get there first and I do think milford beats Coolidge by 20
Hmm.. good point

Been saying it all year, Milford wins the first one and the district title.

Coolidge will win the rematch and will be playing in the state game vs McLean. Expect Coolidge to have a player or two or three the next time these two teams meet.
I believe a few of the Coolidge boys got in trouble this summer and they're paying their dues but should be paid in full come 2nd round of the playoffs.
So look for that very talented hoover kid to be on the field with the two others.

No matter who coolidge adds, they won’t be able to beat Milford. Skylar Hayes is the same kid who got blew out last year by Milford. Hoover and the other guys are the same guys who scored 8 points in a playoff game vs Union Hill last year. These are a bunch of players who don’t step up in big time games. Milford has beaten Coolidge last year at regionals in track, and this summer in summer league basketball. This rivalry is real, these boys don’t like each other. Friday should be a packed house and it will be a big game.

6man47":1x4r71ql said:
I agree 100% they got what it takes to make a championship team.

I agree they have what it takes but will they put the pieces together and make it happen is the real question when it comes to Milford.

Ares":219yj6qd said:
6man47":219yj6qd said:
I agree 100% they got what it takes to make a championship team.

I agree they have what it takes but will they put the pieces together and make it happen is the real question when it comes to Milford.

I agree but I think Milford will make it and lose a close game to Mclean.

Back