Can Crowell defend the State Title

Best game in the playoffs this season in terms of Crowell has been the Garden City game played last week. Garden City pulled the game within 8 points late with a chance to tie and was not able to get into the end zone. Crowell has two great backs, a great quarterback and one heck of an end who plays like an 11 man Wes Welker who could easily be the best player on that team if I was going off of that one ball game. That Number 10 was an offensive force to be reckoned with and 5'5 135 pounds plays like he's 6'5 250. He plays just as hard defensively coming up with some great tackles. Very fun team to watch as they defeated Garden City.

There are going to be a lot of disappointed Abbott fans after next weekend. I understand that the "panthersarecoming" but I think they're going to be leaving disillusioned.

If the Panthers come up with a good defensive scheme, they should do alright.

And WVman, you say "a lot of Abbott fans will be disappointed". Why would they be? They are the best from one side of the bracket. They made it to Abilene. They get to play for first prize. Your team didn't. I think that you are the one who is disappointed.

Well said Johnny South!
They made it to the Show the rest of us didn't
Congratulations to Terry, his staff, Town, and his hard working players!
Good Luck

Oh Johnny-Boy, don't try to make this about the WV. I'm just saying that there are some folks that are going to be disappointed when Abbott makes it all the way to the championship game only to be 45'd. You are right about one thing, they are the best from one side of the bracket but then, that's not saying much is it? I've got nothing against Abbott, I'm sure they are a fine bunch of kids with a top-notch coaching staff but I don't think they would have made it past the second round in Region 1 or 2. Feel free to disagree if you'd like, that's your prerogative but you'll still be just as wrong.

Right you are Edward. You can only beat the ones on your schedule and they did a pretty good job of that... up until now. But don't take my word for it, heck I thought Happy would beat Borden County and then, when that didn't happen, I though BC would beat Crowell. I also whiffed on Buena Vista vs. Balmohrea and Richland Springs vs. Jonesboro. Clearly I am not clairvoyant... but I bet I'm right on this one.

Relax guys, I'm just stirring the pot a little bit. Nothing to get in a twist about. Everyone knows it's all just talk until it's addressed on the field.

It might be meant in jest, or friendly banter, or just plain ole "trash talking"(something I've never acquired a taste for, guess I am too old school), but disrespecting the accomplishments of a team of young men or women is just sad IMHO.
Both teams have faced a lot of adversity this season, both have exceeded expectations, and deserve respect and acknowledgement of their achievements.
Abbott seems to be playing inspired football right now, at just the right time.
Crowell is doing the same.......I was pleasantly surprised at the outcome of the game this past Saturday. They are playing with heart and determination, at just the right time.
Abbott comes across as a team with an attitude, with something to prove; Crowell appears to be realizing just how good they can be(much like the 2013 team) and they too have something to prove.
I don't know, nor have much of an opinion of the whole West is better than the East argument. I feel both teams deserve the benefit of the doubt for reaching this point, a shot at the title.
I can't tell anyone here on this board how to speak, or write, but I wish everyone would think of this: How would YOU feel if your kid's efforts, his team's ability to overcome the problems they faced, the fact that they had gone further than anyone expected was shredded by a group of (mostly) adults who sit safely in the stands and berate and second guess their accomplishments? Give these kids and their coaches credit where credit is due......they made it The Show, something only two teams in each division succeed in doing each year.
I'm a Crowell fan, and an alumni (Class of 1984), and yeah, I hope Crowell wins. If they win, I will cheer with the rest of Crowell and our alumni. If the lose, I will still congratulate them on a fine season and let them know how proud we are of what they achieved.
Let the game be played on the field, by the players. And let's cheer them on, and congratulate them whether they win or lose.
Show some class and sportsmanship, folks.

airboss32":10edekhq said:
It might be meant in jest, or friendly banter, or just plain ole "trash talking"(something I've never acquired a taste for, guess I am too old school), but disrespecting the accomplishments of a team of young men or women is just sad IMHO.
Both teams have faced a lot of adversity this season, both have exceeded expectations, and deserve respect and acknowledgement of their achievements.
Abbott seems to be playing inspired football right now, at just the right time.
Crowell is doing the same.......I was pleasantly surprised at the outcome of the game this past Saturday. They are playing with heart and determination, at just the right time.
Abbott comes across as a team with an attitude, with something to prove; Crowell appears to be realizing just how good they can be(much like the 2013 team) and they too have something to prove.
I don't know, nor have much of an opinion of the whole West is better than the East argument. I feel both teams deserve the benefit of the doubt for reaching this point, a shot at the title.
I can't tell anyone here on this board how to speak, or write, but I wish everyone would think of this: How would YOU feel if your kid's efforts, his team's ability to overcome the problems they faced, the fact that they had gone further than anyone expected was shredded by a group of (mostly) adults who sit safely in the stands and berate and second guess their accomplishments? Give these kids and their coaches credit where credit is due......they made it The Show, something only two teams in each division succeed in doing each year.
I'm a Crowell fan, and an alumni (Class of 1984), and yeah, I hope Crowell wins. If they win, I will cheer with the rest of Crowell and our alumni. If the lose, I will still congratulate them on a fine season and let them know how proud we are of what they achieved.
Let the game be played on the field, by the players. And let's cheer them on, and congratulate them whether they win or lose.
Show some class and sportsmanship, folks.
See Granger, this is why we need a "like" button.

Don't judge this game based on the early contests between Abbott - Calvert and Crowell - Calvert.
I saw both games and it appeared in the Abbott game that Calvert had just stepped off the field the week before against Throckmorton. Abbott's countenance was more like a two-a-days hangover: dead legs and over-stuffed brains. Plus Abbott had zero pass threat at that time.

Later, the Trojans started showing signs of plateauing, while the Wildcats were tough except for the QB problems.

We may be in for a good, competitive battle. And it has been an atypical season.
Pass rush and secret weapons will decide this game.

U can say ur stirring the pot but ur doing it in a way that's derogatory and disrespectful to a team hell a whole side of a division, that has busted its butt same as the west team since august, just alot of jibberish from somebody without a team in the big show, so i guess we will just see next saturday!

Never understood all this "You are trashing these kids talk." First off, he's not trashing anybody. It's pretty dang obvious that the west is the tougher path in D1. Just like the east is tougher in D2. You really think these young men are phased by this? If I was a kid from Abbott reading this it would fuel my fire. I'm positive doubting a team helps that team a lot more than it hurts. If anyone is offended by some talk on a message board, they are too sensitive. Is saying "You guys aren't as good as this team, you are going to get 45'd" going to hurt their feelings? These kids are out there going at it on a field for 4 quarters.(Or less if it's a state game, the ways these past couple years have went.) Save the PC stuff for something else, not football.

let*it*roll":1jx2bcoy said:
U can say ur stirring the pot but ur doing it in a way that's derogatory and disrespectful to a team hell a whole side of a division...
airboss32":1jx2bcoy said:
Both of you make great points except for one thing, I didn't say anything derogatory or disrespectful about the teams or the coaches or the town or any of that. What I said is the truth and you guys just don't want to hear it because it is not in agreement with what you believe. I said there are going to be a lot of disappointed folks from Abbott when they get 45'd in the championship game - I believe that to be a fact just waiting to happen. I said I don't think Abbott would have made it out of the second round of Region 1 or 2 - I believe you guys could debate it all day but I consider it a fact. I said I'm sure Abbott is a fine bunch of kids with a top-notch coaching staff - you guys glossed over that like an MSNBC reporter avoiding the truth. You are certainly entitled to your opinion there airboss32, but you're wrong about me disrespecting the accomplishments of young men or women. I never said they were no good or they didn't play hard. Didn't say they were cheap shot artists or they didn't bust their butts to get to the championship game. I just said they were going to get 45'd... just like any D1 team from the east would be.

Thanks for setting me straight by calling fans in the East "too PC" , I figured all this 8th-grade trash talking was reserved for kids only, guess I was wrong. Makes you wonder what some fans have going on in their lives that they need to keep up such juvenile dialogue. Sure, everyone is entitled to an opinion on a game, but to say the championship has already been decided last week is an insult to the kids who sweated and busted their butts in the East . I hear it not only from people on this site , but radio announcers as well. You dont hear any Richland Springs fans saying the season doesnt need to be played out to the end.

Well, Abbott will have all the motivation they need. Attacking dialogue, really? I think it comes down to Abbott's offense, because I don't see them stopping Crowell much. No one has came close to stopping Crowell this postseason. Guess what? All teams bust their butts starting in August. No one is disrespecting Abbott, Crowell is just that good.

Garrett2810":8h2rk2hh said:
Crowell by 45 the real state game was last week with them and Borden County.

You know what they say about the semi finals in the west.............

Crowell by 45+ with entire squad seeing play time. Seen it the last two years, but most see a comeback in those games. Watch the substitutions after the lead grows. Its the State game, so you built from it toward next season. Give the underclassmen a taste of the dance...

Nothing against the Panthers as I hope they bring it and make a game out of it.....

Best of luck to both squads!!!

Back