Can Crowell defend the State Title

That's a good question. After watching Crowell dismantle Sterling City I was impressed but... Borden County seems to be a juggernaut. The way BC took out Happy (whom I mistakenly thought would prevail) was remarkable and I just don't think Crowell will be able to stop them. Remember, Happy beat Crowell earlier this year (I think Crowell was missing a player or two) and BC beat them in the first game of the season. Still, the Wildcats are playing well and you never know. I, for one, will be there in Abilene later today to see for myself.

Are both teams pretty healthy this go around? Should be a match-up similar to the one earlier this year,,,, decided by who makes the most mistakes.

After scoring last in the 1st half to take the lead, they score 3 more times in the third to get a 30 point lead before Borden County Scores for the first time in the 2nd half

Start of the 4th quarter
Crowell misses the 45 yard Field Goal, long enough, but it misses the mark - so Borden Co will get the ball back to see if they can get 2 straight touchdowns.

Crowell wins 68-40!
Third straight trip to the finals.
Hats off to Coach Richey and his Borden County team........excellent effort, superb season!

Caprock kid":37jzh51m said:
After watching Crowell tonight i think they will make it 3 in a row easily.

Hey Caprock kid......after Bc had there way with Happy last week didn't you think BC was going to win tonight?

Don't count out Abbott... it depends on who wants it's more next Saturday....not who beat who Today!

I for one thought after last week BC was,going to walk to a title.
I guess that's why we play the Games!!

Congrats to all 4 Championship contenders, work hard this week, study,prepare...and show up to Shotwell Stadium willing to fight harder and longer than your opponent,leave it all on the field with no regret or What if's......and You will hoist that State Championship Trophy!!!!

Sixman seems to usually have a undefeated (or close to it) champion, my question is when was the last time a state champ was crowned with 3 or more losses...

tx6man4life":ffjy0hh2 said:
Caprock kid":ffjy0hh2 said:
After watching Crowell tonight i think they will make it 3 in a row easily.

Hey Caprock kid......after Bc had there way with Happy last week didn't you think BC was going to win tonight?

Don't count out Abbott... it depends on who wants it's more next Saturday....not who beat who Today!

I for one thought after last week BC was,going to walk to a title.
I guess that's why we play the Games!!

Congrats to all 4 Championship contenders, work hard this week, study,prepare...and show up to Shotwell Stadium willing to fight harder and longer than your opponent,leave it all on the field with no regret or What if's......and You will hoist that State Championship Trophy!!!!

I went to the game knowing Crowell had a chance to win seeing how in game one of the season they only lost to BC by 10. And I predicted BC to beat Happy, Crowell had key players hurt in 2 of those three losses and their coach has them playing at very high level I just don't see them losing to Abbott. Just like I don't see Follett even coming close to RS.

Leman Saunders":2tn2vllu said:
this question has been asked and answered at least twice this year in other topics...never...most loses were by the 1986 Ft Hancock team with 2 and they also had one tie

Thanks, didn't know it had been answered before but I appreciate the answer regardless.

The bigger question is... will Mr. Willie Nelson atone for his past transgressions and sing the national anthem at the Abbott/Crowell game? lol ;)

Back