Burkhart out at Stanton??

truthhurts17":3k6d55c8 said:
FCSA you do know that Burkhart is married right? you dont have to flirt....or is it because you want a job?
I normally wouldn’t respond to an ignorant post such as “truthhurts17” posted but I’ll make an exception in this case. Anyone who would post something this vile and wicked deserves to be outed. You sir, live on the slime and excrement that life has to offer. That makes you a MAGGOT ! I know both coach Burkhart and his wife from football clinics i have attended. They have great kids and have made a contribution to their community and society you that you ( a maggot) could never hope to match, thus your envy.
As far as me needing a job, I dont. I have several, serving as the owner of several successful companies. Two of my three manufacturing companies have been featured on the Fox Business Channel, which I’m sure you’ve never seen because I’m convinced you are also a CNN MILLENNIAL MAGGOT ! My investments also include real estate holdings in the Texas Hill Country, Waterfront property on the Highland Lakes and the Texas Gulf Coast. After some 40 plus years of hard work, sacrifice and God’s Blessings, I have been able to donate, contribute and give more money in in the last 10 years than you will probably ever earn in your lifetime. I know this because your crude and rude comments label you A LOSER ! The funds I am Blessed to contribute go to Childern’ Cancer Research, Childhood Organ Transplant Programs, youth sports programs, public and private school contributions and much more. I point this out only to prove how IGNORANT YOU ARE ! You made your rude, salacious comments about people you don’t know at all. Someone who is ignorant has a chance with Education, for with Education comes Knowledge, with Knowledge comes Wisdom and with Wisdom comes Spiritual, Emotional, and Mental Maturity.
But the TRUTH is, and it Hurts, is YOU CAN’T FIX STUPID !!!!!

As far as Burkhart's character or lack of character depending on which school of thought you prescribe to it really does not matter. I say check the facts..Call Gordon ISD and ask about him dropping them to go back to Richland Springs, call the other Sixman school that he left high and dry to take the job at Stanton, then call Stanton to get the facts. Whether it was a "family issue" or not we will never know. Saying a "family issue" is a guaranteed defense to ones actions because no one will ever be able to question what is right or wrong for someone's family in they are not in that family. It's like when a preacher leaves a church and says " the Lord is leading me somewhere else" I mean who is going to question whether the Lord told them to leave or not. I for one am a proud member of the "I don't give a crap what Burkhart does" club. I say the Sixman community focus on the kids that are playing and support whichever team you want. If you think Burkhart is a crappy person then you can, if you think he is an outstanding person then you can believe that as well. At the end of the day everything done in the dark comes to the light and everyone must reap what they sow whether its good or bad.

Show me a coach that has never moved on, just one in the six man ranks, forget 11 man coaches and college coaches.
Younger coaches, that have young families almost have to go for the money and what is best for their families.
As their families grow, so do their financial needs and responsibilities. Eventually as they grow older, and if they are still coaching, they look for something more permanent and for longevity. I’m sure that’s what Burkhart saw at Staton.
I was as surprised as anyone about Coach Burkhart leaving, until I heard the reason. I know it was a difficult decision, gut and heart wrenching but I believe he did what he thought was best for his family. Show me a Six man coach that disregards his family’s best interest, health and welfare when they make a life changing decision and I’ll show you an unfortunate family situation.

“My investments also include real estate holdings in the Texas Hill Country, Waterfront property on the Highland Lakes and the Texas Gulf Coast. I have been able to donate, contribute and give more money in in the last 10 years than you will probably ever earn in your lifetime.” -FCSA
Proverbs 27:2 Let another praise you, and not your own mouth; a stranger, and not your own lips.
Proverbs 11:2 When pride comes, then comes disgrace, but with the humble is wisdom.
Jeremiah 9:23 Thus says the Lord: Let not the wise man boast in his wisdom, let not the mighty man boast in his might, let not the rich man boast in his riches.
Isaiah 2:12 For the Lord of hosts has a day against all that is proud and lofty, against all that is lifted up—and it shall be brought low.

Ok, honestly, I don’t like this topic. Do I think Burkart is talent shopping? Yeah. As he should. If I’ve got 8 rings, I’ll go somewhere I can get more. Would an Aledo coach go to a winless school? Wouldn’t make sense. Build on to your legacy, and get some more cash.

This looks bad for 6man. We need coaches to go into the 11 man world, act professional, and be successful. Coach Tyler is a great example. He’s done well in Oklahoma, after leaving a successful Patriots program.

End of the day, Burkhart has to do what he thinks is best and it’s his business.

For an Aledo coach to go to a winless program there would have to be a good barbecue joint in town. And after a year or two his team would be winning sixty to eighty percent of the time, then all the traveling talent (Pied Piper Effect) would start looking in his direction. Then fine tune what he has for another year or two and boom another winning program. Great defense is what has won Aledo so many games, but a Johnathan Gray doesn't hurt either.

Texlonghorn75":2dsc6h7o said:
For an Aledo coach to go to a winless program there would have to be a good barbecue joint in town. And after a year or two his team would be winning sixty to eighty percent of the time, then all the traveling talent (Pied Piper Effect) would start looking in his direction. Then fine tune what he has for another year or two and boom another winning program. Great defense is what has won Aledo so many games, but a Johnathan Gray doesn't hurt either.

Their qb coach went to Weatherford. I bet he’s regretting it.

BigFan22":kmy8iwz8 said:
Ok, honestly, I don’t like this topic. Do I think Burkart is talent shopping? Yeah. As he should. If I’ve got 8 rings, I’ll go somewhere I can get more. Would an Aledo coach go to a winless school? Wouldn’t make sense. Build on to your legacy, and get some more cash.

This looks bad for 6man. We need coaches to go into the 11 man world, act professional, and be successful. Coach Tyler is a great example. He’s done well in Oklahoma, after leaving a successful Patriots program.

End of the day, Burkhart has to do what he thinks is best and it’s his business.

I guess I’m not understanding it but why does this look bad for sixman? Why does sixman need coaches to go to the 11man world, act professional and be successful?

To Hill Country Bounty, you and several of your buddies just joined the site and thread with your New Names when this topic came up. All anyone needs to do is look at when you signed on with you new names. Who where you before? Just hiding behind a new handle singing the same old song.
My point obviously went WAYYYYYY OVER YOUR HEAD. I was pointing out to your buddy that he might want to find something out about somebody before he opens his filthy mouth. He opens his cocky mouth in a road rage incident with his (and your smart mouth) with some Southside Gangbanger on the North Loop and he might not make it to where he’s going. You need really good life insurance when you have a Smart Mouth and are a Jerk !
I’ve been a cop on those mean streets and seen it happen. Going to the morgue and witnessing an autopsy or two will give you a new perspective about your smart mouth, But as the song says “some fools never learn, play with the fire and your gonna get burned.” I guess in your world hiding behind a fake name on a keyboard makes you a MAN!

Barney Fife to the rescue!! I guess that bullet is as shiny as it's gonna get seeing how much time he spends spewing BS on this site. Just my opinion.

It is really good that his kid is in a place where he won't be threatened anymore. I have heard numerous times that Burkhart is a big family man and you can't blame him for that. For the coaching side I have never been a fan of him. He did not build a good team at Richland Springs he inherited it. Great athletes from other schools would show up from time to time because their parents received a great job in the booming town of Richland Springs. Burkhart was 5-5 before he inherited that team. He was going to leave to coach at Gordon and the Lord spoke to him and said you won't win here you better get your butt back to Richland Springs. He finally leaves when he knows Richland won't be a legitimate threat to win state. Jumps up to 2-A and gets his teeth kicked in. Say what you want but he left because he was a failure at that level and the threat just made it a easy out. I am sure if he was 7-0 or 6-1 he would still be coaching there. Now for anyone who is going to reply and say that I'm bitter because I must have been on a team or coached a team that lost to him, losses in sixman football mean absolutely nothing in the grand scheme of things. I don't like him because he was a loudmouth. I remember numerous times that fat mouth of his jabbering on and on like he was gods gift to football. Maybe we will see him take a team that isn't very good and turn them around or maybe the fat man will inherit another good team and we can all listen about how he is the greatest coach of all time.

MA1984":1uuq6mpu said:
For the coaching side I have never been a fan of him. He did not build a good team at Richland Springs he inherited it. Burkhart was 5-5 before he inherited that team.

MA, your IQ is showing! It's pretty amazing how you hit the nail on the head here. Burkhart inherited 15 years of great teams! His last State Championship team was all of three years old when he took over at Richland!

MA1984":2jact1t4 said:
It is really good that his kid is in a place where he won't be threatened anymore. I have heard numerous times that Burkhart is a big family man and you can't blame him for that. For the coaching side I have never been a fan of him. He did not build a good team at Richland Springs he inherited it. Great athletes from other schools would show up from time to time because their parents received a great job in the booming town of Richland Springs. Burkhart was 5-5 before he inherited that team. He was going to leave to coach at Gordon and the Lord spoke to him and said you won't win here you better get your butt back to Richland Springs. He finally leaves when he knows Richland won't be a legitimate threat to win state. Jumps up to 2-A and gets his teeth kicked in. Say what you want but he left because he was a failure at that level and the threat just made it a easy out. I am sure if he was 7-0 or 6-1 he would still be coaching there. Now for anyone who is going to reply and say that I'm bitter because I must have been on a team or coached a team that lost to him, losses in sixman football mean absolutely nothing in the grand scheme of things. I don't like him because he was a loudmouth. I remember numerous times that fat mouth of his jabbering on and on like he was gods gift to football. Maybe we will see him take a team that isn't very good and turn them around or maybe the fat man will inherit another good team and we can all listen about how he is the greatest coach of all time.

While I am not even going to address your claims about theology, mainly because that is between the Burkhart's and God, that is ABSURD to say he inherited a good team! Burkhart almost lost as many games this year at Stanton than he did at Richland Springs in 15 years; In fact, I think he lost more games at Lohn and Stanton in two years than he did in Richland Springs over the course of 15 years. Did Richland Springs have talent? Yes. The 2003 Lohn Team that Burkhart coached had talent as well, and he went 6-4 with them and played relatively well against Strawn in the playoffs. Although I never saw Stanton's team, Jerry Burkhart is a winner!

In my opinion, Burkhart is a great developer of football fundamentals and probably character as well. I say probably with the character because the term itself is subjective and some people dislike Burkhart. What is 1000% true is EVERY Jerry Burkhart coach team I have ever seen, from junior high to Tyler Ethridge, tackled very well. The clique about Tyler Ethridge being better on defensive is 100% true as there are and were tons of good spread backs, but he could hit and cover ground better than any defensive player I have ever seen.

I posted that I thought Burkhart could coach 11-man because of this fact, but he would need time to develop fundamental talent while freshening up on X's and O's. Frankly, I coached and played both 6 and 11 man football and can tell you that there is a CRISIS in terms of football fundamentals. Honestly, I think it is more so in 11 man because of that stupid spread! Although sixman uses the term "spread," blocking is less of a skill because everyone can run out for a pass. The 11-man offensive lineman in the spread are basically fat guys that just stand in the way of the D-line; most coaches do not care about them nor do they give them a chance to run block. Heck, most guards aren't even in a stance anymore! It feels like they should play 7 on 7 with contact at times during 11 man games.

I think Jerry Burkhart understands the fundamentals of football and will be a successful coach in 6 man or 11 man for that reason. Any objective person can see that his kids are fundamentally sound; Sure, it helps that Richland Springs had 20 to 30 kids at practice every day whereas some smaller school have maybe 10. Then again, it is harder to "build a program" at a sixman school because of the smaller numbers, but Jerry Burkhart did it at Richland Springs.

While MA1984 or anyone else can have an opinion about the character or theological tenants of Jerry Burkhart or the Burkhart's in general, it is undeniable that he is a good football coach. For the record, I personally think he is a good man but have only had limited interactions with him.

TebowTime15":2klie0n0 said:
MA1984":2klie0n0 said:

While I am not even going to address your claims about theology, mainly because that is between the Burkhart's and God, that is ABSURD to say he inherited a good team! Burkhart almost lost as many games this year at Stanton than he did at Richland Springs in 15 years; In fact, I think he lost more games at Lohn and Stanton in two years than he did in Richland Springs over the course of 15 years. Did Richland Springs have talent? Yes. The 2003 Lohn Team that Burkhart coached had talent as well, and he went 6-4 with them and played relatively well against Strawn in the playoffs. Although I never saw Stanton's team, Jerry Burkhart is a winner!

In my opinion, Burkhart is a great developer of football fundamentals and probably character as well. I say probably with the character because the term itself is subjective and some people dislike Burkhart. What is 1000% true is EVERY Jerry Burkhart coach team I have ever seen, from junior high to Tyler Ethridge, tackled very well. The clique about Tyler Ethridge being better on defensive is 100% true as there are and were tons of good spread backs, but he could hit and cover ground better than any defensive player I have ever seen.

I posted that I thought Burkhart could coach 11-man because of this fact, but he would need time to develop fundamental talent while freshening up on X's and O's. Frankly, I coached and played both 6 and 11 man football and can tell you that there is a CRISIS in terms of football fundamentals. Honestly, I think it is more so in 11 man because of that stupid spread! Although sixman uses the term "spread," blocking is less of a skill because everyone can run out for a pass. The 11-man offensive lineman in the spread are basically fat guys that just stand in the way of the D-line; most coaches do not care about them nor do they give them a chance to run block. Heck, most guards aren't even in a stance anymore! It feels like they should play 7 on 7 with contact at times during 11 man games.

I think Jerry Burkhart understands the fundamentals of football and will be a successful coach in 6 man or 11 man for that reason. Any objective person can see that his kids are fundamentally sound; Sure, it helps that Richland Springs had 20 to 30 kids at practice every day whereas some smaller school have maybe 10. Then again, it is harder to "build a program" at a sixman school because of the smaller numbers, but Jerry Burkhart did it at Richland Springs.

While MA1984 or anyone else can have an opinion about the character or theological tenants of Jerry Burkhart or the Burkhart's in general, it is undeniable that he is a good football coach. For the record, I personally think he is a good man but have only had limited interactions with him.

"The 11-man offensive lineman in the spread are basically fat guys that just stand in the way of the D-line; most coaches do not care about them nor do they give them a chance to run block. Heck, most guards aren't even in a stance anymore! It feels like they should play 7 on 7 with contact at times during 11 man games."

This is an incredibly generalized and ignorant statement. Do a lot of teams run spread? Yes Are all them pass first Air Raid style? No There are many of us who run Power Spread in this State at the 11-man level and I can tell you that every one of our teams are extremely physical. I understand that you're trying to make a point, but I think its a bit of an extreme point.

Texas Longhorn and others.
Levity ! The icing on the cake, the chocolate on top of vanilla ice cream. It’s what makes life’s burdens bearable! Thanks for you contributions! Lol !
But seriously, is it best to Barbeque them hogs or make tamales out of ‘em ?

FCSA football":2nwc0dkk said:
Texas Longhorn and others.
Levity ! The icing on the cake, the chocolate on top of vanilla ice cream. It’s what makes life’s burdens bearable! Thanks for you contributions! Lol !
But seriously, is it best to Barbeque them hogs or make tamales out of ‘em ?
Neither........ shoot em in the gut and let em run off and die. Then go buy a ribeye.........
There are very few things in this world that I allow myself to truly hate. Feral hogs are numbers 1 and 2 on that list.

Back