buckholts looking for hfb/ad...

Don't know about uvaldeboy but been there done that, and he is right about the Supt., great and supportive man. Parents nice, Facilities ok. Kids?

OK. As a first year guy myself, could you help me understand why a coach would leave such a great place? I am always wondering how I should be thinking in regards to where I should end up long term. What should keep me there and/or what should run me off? I was hoping coaching wouldn't have to be a nomadic lifestyle.

According to TEA stats average stay for a coach in Texas is 2.3 years and 3.1years for Supt. As an opld guy all I can tell ya is don't upset the wrong mama or you will bring down the average. best of luck finding Utopia Texas, I know its out there somewhere.

MTBar":2vohma2m said:
According to TEA stats average stay for a coach in Texas is 2.3 years and 3.1years for Supt. As an opld guy all I can tell ya is don't upset the wrong mama or you will bring down the average. best of luck finding Utopia Texas, I know its out there somewhere.
There is a Utopia, Texas (http://www.utopiatexas.net/) in Uvalde County. Even has its own school district

Nice place ... but it ain't that utopia, either ...

My old boss used to have a hunting lease there. This is back in the days before cell phones, laptop computers, etc. and his boss insisted on a monthly calendar and a phone number where he could be reached, even when on vacation.

So, he sends his calendar for November (hunting season) with a few vacation days blocked out and writes "Utopia, Texas."

Next time his boss was in town, he tosses the schedule at him and says what's this Utopia, Shangrla stuff ... I need to know where you are so I can reach you, so can the funny stuff.

He tells his boss there really is a Utopia in Texas ... and shows it on the map. Boss grumbled something and left.

If I am not mistaken, but will this not be like 4 new coaches in 6 years at Buckholts? They seem to change pretty often, so who knows. As you newbie, you will soon find out if you have not already that it is a whole different world out there from what it once was.

As a coach you will sometimes be out on a limb, just do not be surprised if someone else is on the tree behind you sawing like crazy.

As MTBar, sometimes you get a little satisfaction, huh !!!!

High Plains Drifter":21abi9pk said:
If I am not mistaken, but will this not be like 4 new coaches in 6 years at Buckholts? They seem to change pretty often, so who knows. As you newbie, you will soon find out if you have not already that it is a whole different world out there from what it once was.

As a coach you will sometimes be out on a limb, just do not be surprised if someone else is on the tree behind you sawing like crazy.

As MTBar, sometimes you get a little satisfaction, huh !!!!

Good advice ... but I'd sure go into the job with eyes wide open and try and find out why they've had 4 new coaches in 6 years ... there may be perfectly good reasons, but I'd sure want to know why. And maybe one of the sources might be those old coaches, not just the school board/administration.

As I say I am not entirely sure about the time line on coaches. I do know that a certain coach was there I think 2 years and then another one either 2 or maybe three and now 2 a year a piece, then back in my day, one a year or so. Lifegate has good advice. Do your research folks, not many perfect jobs, but know what you are getting into. Find supportive administrators, if any are still out there (I know there are a few). Ha

Wow! I can't believe you fell for that old rumor trick.

OK, so how come there's not much being said about that Bryson opening? It's also a HC/AD job.

Or the start-up opportunity at Paradigm Charter? If I was SS certified I would have driven over there already for a visit. They sound poised and ready for a paradigm shift.

This guy has been recharging his batteries this past year and is ready to get back in it. He wasnt given the support on his last job, but he is ready now

Ex-RS as in Richland Springs or Rising Star? I promise it's not this ex-RS coach. I'm waiting for Reed to leave Throckmorton or Jones and Abney to move up to the Arena League. :mrgreen:

exxonmobile":14xj862f said:
This guy has been recharging his batteries this past year and is ready to get back in it. He wasnt given the support on his last job, but he is ready now

Okay, good for him. I have misplaced his phone number, so the next time you see him tell him I need another couple pair of those black coaching shorts. 8)

Back