buckholts looking for hfb/ad...

fofish":2g80icbe said:
The new "rumor", lol, is that they haven't even talked to anyone seriously yet. Chit chat on the phone isn't an interview.
Whoever they get as a athlete at Buckholts, it will be a great year because we do not want another 1-9 season.

hey moronica brown, i do know rippy and i am not him

instead of outing posters why don't you get a life

by the way, the circus is in dire need of idiots like yourself

why not follow the rules of this board and make intelligent postings instead of trying to bash good coaches/teachers

And the new man is....
Sports
Pagliaro is latest coach to take Buckholts football reins
by Craig Meister | Sports Writer
Published: April 8, 2010
BUCKHOLTS - Another year, another new head football coach for the Buckholts Badgers.

In a special meeting held Monday at the library, the Buckholts board of trustees voted 7-0 to hire Michael Pagliaro as the Badgers' athletic director and head football coach.

Pagliaro, who will start April 19, is the eighth Buckholts football coach in the past 11 years. He replaces Mark McDaniel, whose team finished 1-9 in his only season.

Pagliaro is 96-59-2 in 12 years of coaching - the first 11 came in Illinois - and this will be his first job in Texas and at the six-man level.

Last year he guided Wickenburg (Ariz.) to a 10-1 record and was named the Class 3A (Arizona's third largest of five classifications) West Region Coach of the Year.

"He's got an aura about him that he takes it seriously," said Buckholts superintendent Kent Dutton, who added that there were either 22 or 23 applicants for the job. "He's a student of the game and studies both offense and defense. I think he has some real good plans on how he will help our kids."

Pagliaro resigned while under investigation after his only year at Wickenburg nearly a month after the football season ended.

During the season the local school district launched a probe regarding Pagliaro's twin brother, Tom, who was convicted of felony flight from a police officer in July 2007 in Illinois but was allowed to serve as a volunteer assistant coach for most of the season.

According to the Wickenburg Sun, "the school district's superintendent, Dr. Howard Carlson, said in late October, when he removed Tom Pagliaro from the staff as an assistant coach, that the head coach's brother was never officially approved for coaching."

Michael Pagliaro told the Wickenburg Sun: "My resignation from Wickenburg School District had nothing to do with the issue surrounding my brother Tom or his missing volunteer paperwork. I resigned because it was in the best interest of my future and family."

Dutton said Wednesday he was unaware of that situation and that Buckholts' national background check explored everything from speeding tickets on up.

Dutton said "there is no way" Tom Pagliaro would be a coach at Buckholts.

View the complete article in today's print edition.

What I can't figure out, is why are all these 6man schools hiring out of state people to be their coaches. To me, it would be in the best interest to get a coach that has a feeling for our state, and our game.

Some times schools do not realize that it is easy to write a resume that looks great. I am not referring to this fellow at Buckholts by any means, but they look and say,"Well he looks good, and he does on paper."

Course in this case, might have had to hire someone out of state, cause people in Texas might know about Buckholts. Can I get an Amen from some former Badger coaches. Ha

Once again I'm wondering if we're not exaggerating about all the out-of-state coaches being hired these days. The only one I know of is @ Buckholts. Perhaps jc_30 could name all the others. Thanks!

And isn't a resume supposed to make you look good? It just gets you the interview. The rest is up to the candidate in person.

And I don't know if Buck's rep actually precedes it because supposedly they had 25 apps for the job. I hate to think this was an exaggeration too. I just figured maybe times were such that guys were willing to look past the history in order to try their gameplan.

I understand trying to find a place to call home because that's my dream too but,
I find it strange that so many coaches change jobs each year and that there is so much fuss as to who they (the schools) get to replace them. I really wonder how different are we all from each other? Do some guys know about extra holes in the line they can run through and the rest of us don't? I have never seen a magic wand that creates success. If a Coach is truly a quality guy, (and I believe most are) could he not bring any school team to achieve an acceptable level of success and maintain that situation for a career? Is this still about the student-athletes?

Okay, I'm on the outside looking in, but ...

Texas has the reputation for being the #1 state in high school football. If I'm a young coach from upnorthland and thinking I want to make it in coaching (maybe as a college coach?), the place I may want to be is in Texas. Maybe I'll end up back as an assistant at East North Dakota State College of Mines and Buttercups someday, but here's where I'm gonna get noticed. Florida and Ohio might also be on that list, as well as a couple other states (but Ohio ain't growing).

And there are lots of folks with that mindset. Or maybe I'm like the coach in Hooisers, made a mistake on the way and has to work his way back up the food chain.

Or I'm looking at my small town up north and seeing there are less kids here than last year ... and the year before ... and my district is gonna cut 5 teachers. Let me leave while the leaving is on my terms, not theirs (and yes, lots of places are losing kids ... my home town has probably the same population as they did 40 years ago, but instead of 1200 kids in the high school, there are only around 750 ... because most young folks left town to get their college education and as I've told friends, the first thing they learn is not to come back ... so much of the town is the retired/elderly).

But whadda I know.

I guess it may not be too many, but I know of 3 other schools in the last few years, one out in far west Texas, 2 in the panhandle that have been out of staters. It is just shocking that as unique of a game as 6man towns are willing to take chances on people that know nothing about the game for a Head Coaching gig. I know that for an assisstant job that would be great to start at in the game of 6man. But who am I, but just a pot stirrer. :)

in reading this statement "Dutton said "there is no way" Tom Pagliaro would be a coach at Buckholts"

are we to assume that the supt did not choose the new coach or was this a misprint...

just wondering...

Back