Biggest Surprise So Far?

Sands appears to be rising. That was a tough D1 district they were in before going D2 this year. I think that prepared them and I expect they will win their district and have an extended season by at least a couple games. Maybe more who knows.
Completely agree. Sands has a great freshman & sophomore class. Pretty sure they went undefeated while in JH. They will be tough for awhile.

For me it has to be Three Way...

14 consecutive losses dating back to 2022

The Braves have opened up 2024 with three wins and have their first 3-0 start in school history!

Who are some of your positive surprises thus far?
Not only are they 3-0 but they haven't allowed a single point to be scored against them so far. That's more impressive imo than just simply winning these 3 games.

I am hoping for a big surprise tonight with a Water Valley win over Bueno Vista. I must say I was a little surprised of the outcome of the Benjamin Borden County game.

Not trying to take away from a good thing but look at their schedule. What's suprising about it? They been picked to win by 45 every week.
I'm close to being an old man, so from many years of experience, when you are dealing with teenagers, it doesn't always matter if you are picked by 45 to win. Sometimes they show up, sometimes they don't. It's hard to win a football game at any level, because you are dealing with unpredictable humans. From what I can see, it's smart scheduling from a program who wants to change the culture. The first step is to see the fruits of your labor and gain some confidence in the new program. They seem to be doing that, and handling business. Props to Three Way for scheduling smart and overcoming the first hurdle of a culture change. Keep chopping!

Back