Best in TCAL

flyright

11-man fan
I have never thought about this question until today. I was reading another post that called the Azle vs Waco Live Oak the Superbowl of TCAL vs TCAF. The question is who is the best team in TCAL? Is it Live Oak or one of the D2 schools. The top 2 schools in D2 is rated higher than Live Oak and I am not sure if San Marcos Home School is not better than the two schools ranked above them. So who do you think the best school in TCAL is?

Great question flyright!

However! that question will not be answered until week 13. Live Oak is very good and I expect to see them in the TCAL championship. They are well rounded, well coached, and are a very disciplined football team .

There are others who may surprise you once the playoffs start. West Columbia is finally clicking on all cylinders and with their main man back on the field, look out. ! Never underestimate FEAST either. They are young, but well coached. Parker Tarrant County and Waco Methodist also have some talent that could upset an over confident team. Let's not forget Tomball Home School. They are very talented with lot's of sideline! The TCAL All Star Game will be fun to watch this year for sure!

D2 is also very tough. I should probably keep my opinions to my self on this topic.

Have a great week!

I don't know much about D1 but I do think D2 is very strong this year and anyone can end up winning it all. It should be a lot of fun the rest of the year.

How are the all star kids picked? I made the comment about "the superbowl" with my toungue planted firmly in my cheek. I don't know which team is the best in T CAL. I am sure that several of them have the potential to be called the best. I guess we will have to wait and see.

The players are picked by Max Preps Stats and Coaches from other teams. Coaches can nominate their players and the other Coaches vote them in. There will be a DI and a DII game this year. The date is set for December 4th...I believe in either Hutto or San Antonio. I will post after the meeting next week. Last years game was awesome!

It's great to see all of the talent in TCAL. With the addition of several new teams next season, it will get even better! I wish TCAF could join us! All in His timing!

I was at the Live Oak/Parker Tarrent game. Live oak looked really strong. they completely shut down parker tarrant's RB and their entire offense. Live oak's offense looked pretty hard to stop. It seemed like they went to a different guy each time and scored.

OK are they really that good or was Parker Tarrant a little over rated? Hard to say at this point but I guess the playoffs will determine who really is the best. The ranking system is currently favoring Tomball after their upset at Tribe. The ranking system is great and I know the majority of the time it is picking the games right but it doesnt account for things like injuries and intangibles. Just like what happened to Tribe last friday, that might have been a different outcome with the starting QB in and a couple of calls going the other way. Well the ranking may change again if live oak can beat Azle or if Tomball pulls off a miracle this week against Throck, then nobody will catch their rating. So here we are at week 8 people does everyone agree with the rankings here at D1? Max preps has it differently.

I think it's either live oak or tomball in the top 2. Looking back on it, Parker tarrent wasn't that good and their RB wasn't that good.
What does max preps say?

Oops sorry I saw on there that Live Oak was still number 1 guess I looked before they updated it. They do show Tomball as number 1 . Live Oak is number 2. Parker Tarrant is 3. This doesn't quite add up though. The Title of this thread is Best in TCAL so I think we need some more opinions here. Who is the best in TCAL ? D2 and D1. Come on its OK to say what you really think.

Well, I haven't seen tomball play this year and I've seen many of live oak's games (I'm from Waco). Live oak will hit you in the mouth, but they don't play dirty. They have great team speed and a sound D. They are well coached and always ready on gameday. But until I see tomball play, I can't make a fair statement. I don't know much about D2

I would like to know who y'all think will win state in TCAL DI.

Sounds like Live Oak and Tomball have similar teams. I have seen all of Tomball's games and I can use the same description of their play as what The Young'in said of Live Oak. One of the refs at the Tomball/Bastrop Tribe game commented that it was the hardest hitting game he had seen in 6man this year.

For me there is a clear separation in D1 of the top 4 teams from the rest of the D1 teams. I think Parker-Tarrant's true colors were exposed this last week against Live Oak. I think the post season will see Tomball, Live Oak, West Columbia and SA FEAST meet in the semi's. From there I think its a toss-up of who meets in the finals. I am leaning toward Tomball and Live Oak in the finals, but it wouldn't surprise me if West Columbia or SA FEAST make it. West Columbia is on a roll and SA FEAST has the experience of being the Champ from last year. It will be an exciting post season. :p

I agree with you, 6man4him. I think it will be those 4 in the semis but after that, I have no clue. All four are solid teams.
I can't wait til we get there.

1 vs. 8
2 vs. 7
3 vs. 6
4 vs. 5

1 - 4 have home field advantage unless over 200 miles. FEAST or WC needs to move into the 3 spot to see them play in the Semifinals. Don't count out the other D1 schools just yet. Good luck to all!

I will keep that to myself. I have great respect for both coaches and their football teams. I will say this, don't count out FEAST or WC. Both are well coached and have the potential to pull off an upset. WC and FEAST have gamechangers. WC's game changer is one of the quickest kids on the field and did not play in the FEAST game. FEAST is young and will need to bring their A game for sure! There are a few others who could also pull of an upset but odds are they will have a hard time against the top two. Good luck to all!

Very diplomatic of you coach. I guess I will just have to wait, well Tomball will have a huge test Friday. Live Oak will play Azle on the 29th after those 2 games we will be able to better judge the strength of these 2 teams. I have not ruled out WC or FEAST either.
How is your quarterback?
How do you determine who plays who in the semi's?
Thanks for your answers.

EastTexasCoach ..... My view if the playoffs were to start today based on the current rankings, the quarters would look like this:

1 Tomball Christian vs 8 THESA
2 Live Oak vs 7 Waco Methodist
3 Parker-Tarrant vs 6 Baytown Christian
4 WC vs 5 SA FEAST

Unfortunately this scenario would mean a rematch of WC/FEAST which FEAST won at the beginning of the season. That would put 1 of my top 4 teams out in the quarters. The current ranking would likely pair Live Oak with P-T again in the semi's. The second meeting will likely be a blowout like the first, so Live Oak would have a cakewalk into the final. Tomball would likely play WC or FEAST in the semi's (what a battle). My final is Tomball vs Live Oak and I will pick Tomball because of the tougher road they will have had during the regular season playing teams like Bastrop, Throckmorton and likely WC or Feast in the post season. I also think that if Tomball loses to WC or FEAST, that one of these teams will beat Live Oak in the final. This is not taking anything away from Live Oak, but looking at their schedule, I am not sure their competition will have prepared them for the likes of Tomball, WC or FEAST. Of course the other side of that coin is that Tomball, WC and FEAST could beat up on each other while Live Oak comes into the final fresh. That's why we play the games on the field ...... Anything can happen. Just my view today. Could change after this weekend games.

Back