Benjamin: Will Anyone Challenge?

Idk I thought the odds were against that post adding another angle to the argument. 🤣 but ya'll ain't even missed a beat.

Edit: now Maury P weighing in on your side. I was trying to play it neutral
What did I do exactly?!? Laugh at East of Abilene is East Texas?

Nooo, you just gave a quick thumbs up to Bulldog5253's post; which seemed so serious at the time. Didn't know how to take it.

I mean, did they already have odds on it in West Texas? All in fun.
I actually wondered the same thing with all the talk about bookies and what not. I was looking to get in on the action!

I think Benjamin takes it this year unless an upset happens. I don't think any of the D2 schools can really topple them. Now D1 is a whole nother story. I think any of the top 10 D1 schools could contain Rigdon and send Benjamin packing down the road!
I don't think the D1 schools can shut him down. No way.
But we all have opinions.

Last edited:
I don't think the D1 schools can shut him down. No way.
But we all have opinions.
Shut him down ??? I don’t think anyone has said that. The kid is a phenomenal athlete. I think the belief is that these top teams could get off their blocks faster contain better and tackle better. Having said that I think Benjamin still
Has the Hayes kid too. (Unless he’s gone I’m not sure). He’s an another good athlete. I know the ONE gets all the recognition but Hayes can play. Those two together can definitely give any D1 too team a run for the money. I think they (Benjamin) would have to get into spread not sure they could line up tight and win. But either way without Hayes they can’t beat top D1 school with Hayes I think you’re looking at some instant classic games.

Shut him down ??? I don’t think anyone has said that. The kid is a phenomenal athlete. I think the belief is that these top teams could get off their blocks faster contain better and tackle better. Having said that I think Benjamin still
Has the Hayes kid too. (Unless he’s gone I’m not sure). He’s an another good athlete. I know the ONE gets all the recognition but Hayes can play. Those two together can definitely give any D1 too team a run for the money. I think they (Benjamin) would have to get into spread not sure they could line up tight and win. But either way without Hayes they can’t beat top D1 school with Hayes I think you’re looking at some instant classic games.
Guess we’ll never know.

Their defense has a bad leak. Halfway decent teams are scoring 30ish points a game. That’s a problem. Benjamin could just volunteer to play D1 next year. The new re-alignment is in the spring. Just saying. I bet the greatest player to ever walk on a sixman football field finds a new team for his senior year. Mustangs should enjoy the rent-a-champion while they still have it.
The greatest player to ever play 6 man football graduated last year. There is no one in 6 man that will even come close to Cedric Ware.

The greatest player to ever play 6 man football graduated last year. There is no one in 6 man that will even come close to Cedric Ware.
Sarcasm is lost on some of you guys. It’s already been established that Beltran from Cherokee is #1. When you look up the Hall of Fame, he’s the first one in for a reason. Don’t get @otil_85 worked up! There’s still guys around who are old enough to have seen everyone from the 72’ state game to the 22’ state game. Trust the guys that have seen it all. Of course their glasses get thicker every year, but they know better.

Sarcasm is lost on some of you guys. It’s already been established that Beltran from Cherokee is #1. When you look up the Hall of Fame, he’s the first one in for a reason. Don’t get @otil_85 worked up! There’s still guys around who are old enough to have seen everyone from the 72’ state game to the 22’ state game. Trust the guys that have seen it all. Of course their glasses get thicker every year, but they know better.
I will say it again, I played against Beltran and he was one hell of a player, I watched Ethridge play four years and that young man was one hell of a player.

Did anyone of these Old Guys ever go back to back State championship MVP both offense and defense? Maybe I should have said in the modern era where there is three times as many teams as there was back in the day.

Did anyone of these Old Guys ever go back to back State championship MVP both offense and defense? Maybe I should have said in the modern era where there is three times as many teams as there was back in the day.
I’m not sure when the MVP thing started but I do not think they did that when Beltran played. If they did he would have most definitely earned that recognition. The guy from Marathon back then was great as well. I can’t remember his name rt now. I’m sure some of my fellow May members can. Btw more schools doesn’t mean better competition. It does mean more money and that’s ok. I’m not a gambling fan but I’d bet the number or percentage let’s say of games ending by 45 is much higher now than it was before all these schools came along. The kid from Ft Hancock should be in this conversation as well. . They won state four years in a row. Cedric is in the conversation no doubt kid was amazing but best all time is pushing it.

And just for one more lil jab Beltran and the kids from Marathon and Ft Hancock didn’t change schools. Just putting that out there.
So you guys have a issue with someone transferring to better their family as well as themselves. When the young man your referring to here’s statements such as this how do you think that makes him feel about a decision his parents made not him . But maybe that’s why y’all make these statements. But I know your negativity will not phase him or the rest of his family. I thought this game was about the young men and women that play not someone’s jealousy. My bad.

So you guys have a issue with someone transferring to better their family as well as themselves. When the young man your referring to here’s statements such as this how do you think that makes him feel about a decision his parents made not him . But maybe that’s why y’all make these statements. But I know your negativity will not phase him or the rest of his family. I thought this game was about the young men and women that play not someone’s jealousy. My bad.
Nope just stating the facts

Back