BC vs Valley game cancelled

In all seriousness, figuring this one out has got to be tough. The weather reports today are calling for up to an inch of ice to form today and up to 3" of snow tomorrow. Kinda hard to know how to play it. These kids aren't linemen trying to keep power to houses, they're playing football. No sense in having a wreck on an icy road and killing half a dozen if them.

To add to that worry, each coach has a pricipal, a superintendent, and a school board to deal with. Then you have all of those folks to deal with at a neutral site. Trying to get three principals, supes, and school boards to agree to something has got to be a nightmare.

I appreciate the work that everyone involved is doing to take care if our kids. The games will get played when they get played.

Still no word on our game against Rockwall Heritage in Gordon today. I can't imagine that we're going to load up a bus and send it down I-20 and Ranger Hill in the ice, but no decision yet.

Bearcat is right. My town had 80 plus wrecks last night. Not Life and death. No parent wants to see their child hurt or possibly killed. Football can wait a couple of days.

Well, we played our game. Thankfully, it ended quick and we got back up Ranger Hill and home before everything iced back over. Sometimes when you go for it on 4th and 15, it works out. LOL

Back