RS / Brookesmith game cancelled tonight

Dilla Killa

Six-man pro
I don't know any details other than Brookesmith cancelled the game. This was homecoming for RS and a district game. Anyone have any further information on the reason(s) why they cancelled?

Thanks FLG. My wife got that message as well, that's how I knew. The rumors are that Brookesmith did this out of spite. I like to think better of them than that. Thus, the reason I am asking if anyone here knows of a legit reason for it.

As always, Lohn is a great competitor. Looking forward to them doing well in the future. Lots of money and people moving into Lohn, I hear.

Thanks FLG. My wife got that message as well, that's how I knew. The rumors are that Brookesmith did this out of spite. I like to think better of them than that. Thus, the reason I am asking if anyone here knows of a legit reason for it.

As always, Lohn is a great competitor. Looking forward to them doing well in the future. Lots of money and people moving into Lohn, I hear.
Ya I just looked it up on Facebook, found the post for RS. There's nothing so far on the Brookesmith ISD page but might be sometime today. I have no idea about the cancelation or anything,
I'm not even really following D2 but this did peak my interest seeing as it is a district game.

You're a master at taking comments out of context. You'd make a great politician. lol.
I'm sorry. Did your comment not start with, "The rumors are"? You can't whine about people spreading "hearsay" and "rumors" and then turn right around and do just that. Do as I say, not as I do. You have me beat at the politics game. "Dilla Killa '24"...

I'm sorry. Did your comment not start with, "The rumors are"? You can't whine about people spreading "hearsay" and "rumors" and then turn right around and do just that. Do as I say, not as I do. You have me beat at the politics game. "Dilla Killa '24"...

The context of my post was to get further (factual) information. As noted by my comment that "I like to think better of them ...".

Last edited by a moderator:
Man. On Homecoming too. Wonder what happened.
Maybe this is Brookesmith's way of spiting Richland Springs because Jerry Burhart is "suing everyone", including Brookesmith. If so, that is a low blow considering that their scheduled game yesterday was supposed to be Richland Spring's Homecoming and Senior's Night. Or perhaps Brookesmith just didn't want to face the inevitable - to be forty-fived in the 1st half. Unlike Brookesmith, Lohn is a class act for a allowing Richland Springs to hold its Homecoming next week. And why did Brookesmith wait until Friday to drop out ?

Maybe this is Brookesmith's way of spiting Richland Springs because Jerry Burhart is "suing everyone", including Brookesmith. If so, that is a low blow considering that their scheduled game yesterday was supposed to be Richland Spring's Homecoming and Senior's Night. Or perhaps Brookesmith just didn't want to face the inevitable - to be forty-fived in the 1st half. Unlike Brookesmith, Lohn is a class act for a allowing Richland Springs to hold its Homecoming next week. And why did Brookesmith wait until Friday to drop out ?
You guys! Where’s the proof! This is nothing more than Unfounded allegations. It really only works one way with RS. No way RS/Burkhart has ever or could ever do wrong, but clearly everyone else’s motive is either they are jealous Or hate RS.
If Lohn is such a class act, why sue Lohn? They are listed in the lawsuit! Lohn was the only school to vote with RS at the DEC meeting.
Is that how you treat your friends? Maybe Lohn is scared that RS will do more the Sue them. Maybe Lohn is bowing down to the Bully of D2? Who knows?

I heard they didn't have enough healthy guys.

I heard that as well as many other things. Of course the truth will be left up to wild speculation by all of the “experts” here. Lol.

I will give Brookesmith the benefit of the doubt on this. Surely the coaches are not so selfish that they would punish the kids with their political game playing. However there is no excuse for waiting until 10 AM on Friday to cancel the homecoming game. Perhaps just an oversight or perhaps a thumb in the eye. But it will not be forgotten.

I heard that as well as many other things. Of course the truth will be left up to wild speculation by all of the “experts” here. Lol.

I will give Brookesmith the benefit of the doubt on this. Surely the coaches are not so selfish that they would punish the kids with their political game playing. However there is no excuse for waiting until 10 AM on Friday to cancel the homecoming game. Perhaps just an oversight or perhaps a thumb in the eye. But it will not be forgotten.
26C97DD1-BF9B-467C-A4CF-6749F296DE3D.gif

For what it is worth...I did not hear this personally but was told this from someone who asked a person at Brookesmith
They suffered an injury and only had 6 or 5 players that could play and one of those is a special needs player on the team.

Some other points since people love to just throw things around here...

Brookesmith traveled to Blackwell for Blackwell's Homecoming earlier this year which is always on a Saturday...not many schools agree to Saturday games anymore...for what was a halftime game. So they dont have an issue with HC games or games they get beat at the half...proves to me they couldnt field a team so had no choice than to forfeit the RS game.

While I do not know if it ever happened for RS homecoming in the past...but Lohn for almost 2 decades refused to play their district games against RS...I am very glad they have changed that and are playing their district schedule out now.

I know it is difficult to get teams for homecoming (guess thats why RS is having it in district play?) and RS isnt the only school this happens to...teams that have very few kids and that are struggling cancel games especially road games.

Back